PDA

View Full Version : another new track.....

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 06:58 PM
hey people, just thought id post up another track ive been doing since early today... bit dark but not overly so, more groovy than anything....

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Reason_for_disbelief.mp3

all feedback welcome as ever, hope u enjoy

cheers

lau
01-06-2005, 07:31 PM
NICE!!!

love your new style ;) you should be doing more stuff like this..!!!

LOL... pretty funny.. looks like we both had a day off and 've been working on some dark shit......Will post my work when I think its ready.... ( needs some cleaning up..)

Producion wise I think this still needs some work though... I seem to hear a crack or tick.. or whatever you would call it.. ( You know the same sound when you've cut a sample in a wrong place..) ... think its in you kick so it could be the attack of that too..

ennieways...I like it its dark but funky and chilled at the same time.....!! Good work..!

:rambo:

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 07:33 PM
that click is a an extra kick ive filtered on top of the other for a bit more of a snap as the original kick was just lacking a little something in the mids...

but thanks... i think its a good track for a days work hehe, and yeah im enjoying doing the darker stuff definately going to do more of it

cheers dude, lookin forward to ur new one

dirty_bass
01-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Not into this.
Sounds very much like the tracks that mulero has been rinsing for a year or two.
That percussion has become a dark-tech cliche
It`s good you are exploring, but I think the broken genre really needs to (and in fact is) moving away from this sound.

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 07:38 PM
thanks anyway

lau
01-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah I see what dirty means...

but stilll... considering you've only just begun to explore your darker side it isnt bad to create something in a style that's already been done (It really has been done to many times......)

Still I think its good to see you create a track like this so easily...

Now you did this track and can work from here..... just see it as a learning track...

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 07:53 PM
well exactly... the fact that it sounds like something else is something that no one can escape really in techno at the moment, who doesnt sound like someone else a little these days?

as said its one of the first darker tracks ive done and without arrogance i think its pretty ok for about 5 hours work, ive certainly heard worse (and most of thats on vinyl too ;) )

thanks tho, i can only explore further from here :twisted:

audioinjection
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
well i think it sounds good, i like that bassline

i just think u can make the track pump more, by making that kick drum a bit more powerful w/ that bassline, just my opinion

dirty_bass
01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
well exactly... the fact that it sounds like something else is something that no one can escape really in techno at the moment, who doesnt sound like someone else a little these days?

as said its one of the first darker tracks ive done and without arrogance i think its pretty ok for about 5 hours work, ive certainly heard worse (and most of thats on vinyl too ;) )

thanks tho, i can only explore further from here :twisted:

Well, you can.
there`s minor similarities and then theres, total similarities.

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 08:18 PM
well i did say "a little".... ;)

i got up today, started a track, by about 3pm i had it at that stage... thats all there is too it really... as ive said myself, alot of stuff in this vein sounds pretty similiar but i think thats the idea really, its just club tracks with a dark vibe....

i think what happens sometimes is that the actualy process of making the track is alot of fun and if its sounding sweet especially then even more so... and its easy to get lost in a groove, especially in the comfort of my own home :)

all appreciated tho of course

BRADLEE
01-06-2005, 08:25 PM
downloading :twisted:

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
hope u enjoy dude :twisted:

dirty_bass
01-06-2005, 08:57 PM
well i did say "a little".... ;)

i got up today, started a track, by about 3pm i had it at that stage... thats all there is too it really... as ive said myself, alot of stuff in this vein sounds pretty similiar but i think thats the idea really, its just club tracks with a dark vibe....

i think what happens sometimes is that the actualy process of making the track is alot of fun and if its sounding sweet especially then even more so... and its easy to get lost in a groove, especially in the comfort of my own home :)

all appreciated tho of course

I did get into the sound of that FM clonk myself.
But I just found it too easy to use after a while, it kinda fits really well, too well, but everyone has killed it, so I do get the groove thing your talkin about.
But yeah.
You can`t argue about stuff sounding the same unless you try not to

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
well yeah thats true... one can but try!

BRADLEE
01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Sounds pretty Cool Scott. I guess I am just not a fan of this sort of techno personally though. I don't really like Mulero or Wunsch, but many people do. So it should be viable for someone. I would think this is proper for the likes of THEORY.

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks dude, much appreciated ;)

just to let u know got a home now for "Confession for life" so alls well :)

BRADLEE
01-06-2005, 10:50 PM
That's the one from yesterday right??? Man how do you get such a fast response??? You must know a lot more people than myself.

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 10:55 PM
haha yeah its the banger from yesterday...

i know alot of people from the clubscene over here and friends of friends, i know too many people sometimes i think haha

nice hard label too, i wont jinx it but itl be a good release

BRADLEE
01-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Well I know of one person you know that I would like to get in contact with. You whom I'm speaking of I believe. So you cna always PM me his details. We'll just say he's a bit more "ADVANCED" than most ;)

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
haha

subtle

check ur pms ;)

BRADLEE
01-06-2005, 11:11 PM
haha

subtle

check ur pms

yeah I guess being subtle isn't one of my strong points :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==