PDA

View Full Version : ABLETON LIVE 5 (AKA I HAVE JUST WET MYSELF)

xfive
02-06-2005, 01:41 AM
http://www.ableton.com/

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

scrivs
02-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Cant wait for this when is it out. :lol:

Ritzi Lee
02-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Shit man.. I've bought live4 last year.
To update will cost me 149 euro's.
And if you purchased live4 this year (after may 1)
the update will only cost you 49 euro's.

Man that S u c k s!!

Komplex
02-06-2005, 07:49 AM
yep it sucks. its totally fair tho because you pay for new stuff when u upgrade... you still have your current version 4 and you can still use it, which is what I'll be happily doing till version 5 is tested, updated with bug fixes and working well :)

Its good that Ableton listen to the forum users. All the new additions are exactly what we've been asking for!

FIK
02-06-2005, 09:24 AM
I was planning to get a copy in the next few weeks, I think I'll wait a bit longer :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
02-06-2005, 09:52 AM
thats so shit? sureley people that have bought live 4 before may1st have paid just as much and deserve the 49euro upgradE????

Basil Rush
02-06-2005, 10:33 AM
If you buy a new car and then the next model comes out then it'd be pretty amazing if you got one.

Getting a big discount on software is pretty cool.

None the less I think everyone should phone 'em and complain about the price - that way when I get to upgrade maybe they'll have dropped it :)

lau
02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
hmzzz I updated after may 1st...

So... will I be able to buy the cheap version...?? hmmzz sure hope so..

Cant afford to pay 149 euros again...

dan the acid man
02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
just started using ableton myself, its a great bit of software, looking forward to getting this version :cool:

Ritzi Lee
02-06-2005, 06:53 PM
thats so shit? sureley people that have bought live 4 before may1st have paid just as much and deserve the 49euro upgradE????

why not dismiss all the upgrade prices,
and give serious ableton users upgrades for free forever?

or just charge one price...

Komplex
03-06-2005, 01:53 AM

why not dismiss all the upgrade prices,
and give serious ableton users upgrades for free forever?

or just charge one price...

Comon Ritzi :) be fair.

That would make the initial cost of Ableton ten times more expensive or they just wouldn't bother upgrading at all. The guys who work at Ableton HQ have to eat and live too... The code and features don't implement themselves overnight.

xfive
03-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't have any problem shelling out the cash.

Did you look at the feature list they added?
Its a completely different program now.

RDR
03-06-2005, 09:14 AM
:big cheesy grin:

i just upgraded from version 1 to version 4 for 80GBP. and when 5 comes out i get it for FREE!!!!

mwahahahahah mwahahahah mwahahahaha!

so if you're thinking of getting 4 , get it NOW cos any version of 4 purchased after 1june gets a free 5 upgrade!

FILTERZ
03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
NICE ,LOOKS THE BOLLOX

FIK
03-06-2005, 11:14 AM
:big cheesy grin:

so if you're thinking of getting 4 , get it NOW cos any version of 4 purchased after 1june gets a free 5 upgrade!

Are u sure about this.... If so, I'll get one tommorow then.

FIK
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
I have just checked out their website, and like u said. You get the free upgrade if you order now (and that's exactly what I've done).
Thanx a lot for the top-tip.
Man, I can't wait for the delivery van to pull over at my door :lol:

carltaylor43
04-06-2005, 12:14 PM
im a Ableton 4 user, but I was having an argument with somebody the other day, they where saying they really wanted Live 4, so I was telling them the price and they said "No way ill get a pirated version if I can" so I told them that the pirated versions didnt work properly (or did for a short while but then became crippled week by week) is this true???

BTW I think the upgrade price is easily worth it for all the new features, cant wait for the upgrade...

RDR
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
im a Ableton 4 user, but I was having an argument with somebody the other day, they where saying they really wanted Live 4, so I was telling them the price and they said "No way ill get a pirated version if I can" so I told them that the pirated versions didnt work properly (or did for a short while but then became crippled week by week) is this true???

BTW I think the upgrade price is easily worth it for all the new features, cant wait for the upgrade...

User experience using w.a.r.z.e.d versions varies. some versions work others dont, it all depends on computer and other factors, such as whether or not you are wearing the colour red on a thursday.

like some fella said. i liked it so much i bought the company - i didnt, but you get the picture. in other words, good luck to ya mate - he's gonna need it.

carltaylor43
04-06-2005, 01:39 PM
right I get ya... I thought this was the case, ill tell him to buy a copy the tight git.. though hes never bought any software in his life, so he might take some convincing!

Mirsha
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Sounds like there is a lot of new tasty features in it.

AcidTrash
30-06-2005, 01:36 PM
what does it do that 4 doesn't?

Mirsha
30-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Spreads fairy dust over the tracks which bring them to magical life when you aren't looknig.

Have you ever considered going to the webpage and reading about it yourself?

AcidTrash
30-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Spreads fairy dust over the tracks which bring them to magical life when you aren't looknig.

Have you ever considered going to the webpage and reading about it yourself?

hehehe

Balron
30-06-2005, 07:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw: I should start collecting some money for A5 :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==