PDA

View Full Version : "Equation" by Aphex Twin

Ritzi Lee
02-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Man this is freaky.
Could somebody tell me how he did this?

This is a spectrogram representation of the "Equation" song by Aphex Twin.

http://www.k-down.com/face2.jpg

This spectrogram was made using a nine-second sample from "Equation" by Aphex Twin. The vertical axis is log frequency, and the horizontal axis is time.

:shock:

Patrick DSP
02-06-2005, 06:48 AM
there are a few software programs out there that turn gif/jpg/and bmp files into audio squeeks and swirls. they've been around since the fast tracker days. but i don't mean to take away from richard's mad capped experiments in the audio world.

Ritzi Lee
02-06-2005, 06:59 AM
there are a few software programs out there that turn gif/jpg/and bmp files into audio squeeks and swirls. they've been around since the fast tracker days. but i don't mean to take away from richard's mad capped experiments in the audio world.

Really?

Aaah now that you mention.
I know there is a script written in Mathematica to convert simple graphics of parameter functions into sound.

TechMouse
02-06-2005, 10:54 AM
MetaSynth for Apple Mac.

Coagula for Windows PC.

P.S. I thought it was in Windowlicker?

RDR
02-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah man.

orbital have done this as well. i love playing around with phase and spectral stuff to make pictures...

lau
02-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I had one of those programs as well..

only thing was I couldnt find a picture that sounded like a nice techno track...

all pictures of me tend to sound kinda trancy :lol:

TechMouse
02-06-2005, 01:00 PM
all pictures of me tend to sound kinda trancy :lol:
It'll be your day-glo dreads.

lau
02-06-2005, 11:07 PM
:lol:

FIK
03-06-2005, 11:50 AM
What about people who suffer from overweight, I bet they can make some fat tracks :lol:

RDR
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
What about people who suffer from overweight, I bet they can make some fat tracks :lol:

boom dum dum dum tisssshhh!

:roll: :lol:

hiroprotagonist
03-06-2005, 06:17 PM
this is actually a REALLY cool topic. I looked up coagula and Im impressed but I dont necessarily want just sine waves getting made. Does anyone else make a program for windows that produces more glitch type noises?

Dan Devious
08-06-2005, 11:27 PM
thinks theres a plugin in fruity that does that effect??

RDR
08-06-2005, 11:53 PM
this is actually a REALLY cool topic. I looked up coagula and Im impressed but I dont necessarily want just sine waves getting made. Does anyone else make a program for windows that produces more glitch type noises?

Get yourself an oscilloscope, one that can display phase angle and start playing around with phase.

main controls to get different pictures on the phase scope are

detune (between to oscillators0
Chorus
Distortion
Delay
fast volume fades
automated all of the above.

you should try NI's metahysical funktion. it was a free plugin at xmas two years ago to registered users. they have just released a programmable version as part of their 2XT range of reactor VSTi devices and it rocks. Most of the luverly presets are made by Speedy J with help from BT (thats what it says anyway...) its a really cool plug-in pack, I think.

How bout those bold letters? Wierd huh.

The Divide
09-06-2005, 11:31 AM
you should try NI's metahysical funktion. it was a free plugin at xmas two years ago to registered users. they have just released a programmable version as part of their 2XT range of reactor VSTi devices and it rocks. Most of the luverly presets are made by Speedy J with help from BT (thats what it says anyway...) its a really cool plug-in pack, I think.

Hahahah sly boy

RDR
09-06-2005, 11:45 AM

Hahahah sly boy

I dont know what you mean, i think the BB code must have screwed up. i would never condone the sort of activity you are insinuating. the music industry is growing daily and i dont want to be the one to help it not grow. Love your software companies, sure try the demos they give you a good idea of what to expect.

There it goes again. :roll:

lau
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==