PDA

View Full Version : Pics from NYC party- TERRY MULLAN O.B.I Patrick DSP HArdTraX

RIOTSOUND
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Damn... an amazing night of Techno in NYC... props to Kind Recordings and Matame for putting this one together... Some outstanding music all around!!

Terry Mullan played one of the best sets I have ever heard played live...
Dunno if that means I haven't heard too much stuff or if it was trully incredible...

I will settle somewhere in the middle but lean more towards the trully increadible... Terry rocked it with stomping Acid House... scratching and cutting records... crazy stuff..

C-Tag bombed an amazing dirty and hard techno set.. It was that Stomp your face in music... venue was amazing, sound was great...and everyone there had a great time... So in all the party was dope!

OBI was off the hook... He was getting into his set and jumping around and bobbing his head like a madman...which was cool to see... Later on we got to talk to him while eating some hotdogs and burgers... I was quizing him on the techno scene in Germany and how things are over there... he was a real cool dude...telling us all about it....and anwering all the questions... He even said he wants to keep coming back over to the States and helping build the techno scene up here... which was good to hear...

I think it was Partick DSP (not sure what he looks like)... who was tearing it up Downstairs as well... Hardtrax and JackHamma did some ****ing DAMAGE!!! TO the whole place... GODDAM!! walls were shaking... Whoever did the sound sure didn't hold back on this one!

Again..much props and respect to Kind Recording and Matame for this proper event

We got a bunch of pics up on http://www.RiotSound.com ... so if you wanna peep it...just go to the site... click on PICS and select Techno & HARd TECHno parties... First Link at the Top

REEZPEKT

marginmaster
03-06-2005, 12:07 AM
cheers mate im well jealous now :cry: :lol:

Patrick DSP
03-06-2005, 12:15 AM
you should have come up and said hello.

i'm always happy to meet new people. thanks for the photos and the props by the way.

small turn out but still a fun party.

g
03-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Dunno if that means I haven't heard too much stuff or if it was trully incredible...
back in the day he was regularly that amazing.

SlavikSvensk
03-06-2005, 06:11 AM
back in the day he was regularly that amazing.

...mullen played in detroit a lot around 1996...i remember thinking he was awesome, but then didn't really hear him ever after 97 or so and always wondered if i'd still think he was good...

g
03-06-2005, 06:59 AM
@ SlavikSvensk: did you go to a party called Eleven01 that winter? it was at four bears, out in utica. terry headlined, did a 4hr set.

RIOTSOUND
03-06-2005, 07:16 AM
you should have come up and said hello.

i'm always happy to meet new people. thanks for the photos and the props by the way.

small turn out but still a fun party.

I def will next time

Hope to see you down in NYC sometime soon...!!!

Actually going up to Montreal in late August / early Septmber... wanna see what its like.. I hear there's a great scene up in Canada so def looking forward to checkin it out!

The Overfiend
03-06-2005, 09:39 AM
very sad to not be there

ds2
03-06-2005, 10:13 AM
not heard of terry mullan for years and didn't even know he was still around. i've got some mindblowing mixtapes of his from years back, need to dig them out i think.

anyone know of any recent sets of his online?

wrong
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Later on we got to talk to him while eating some hotdogs and burgers...

Tee-hee...I just had an image in my head of the NY techno scene, the whole dancefloor and dj munching on hotdogs :lol: , sorry, not being racist or anything....

I'd love to see Terry mullen, got some wicked trax of his on catalyst...The guy knows how to funk the acid alright

SlavikSvensk
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
@ SlavikSvensk: did you go to a party called Eleven01 that winter? it was at four bears, out in utica. terry headlined, did a 4hr set.

yeah i think i was...it was in a kind of weird spot, no?

g
03-06-2005, 07:37 PM
way out in the middle of nowhere. freezing cold night. normally that place is a water park (during the warm months..duh). that was my party ;]

SlavikSvensk
03-06-2005, 08:05 PM
yeah i was there!

speaking of the old days...you must remember studio 99 and other party locales...packard, masonic temple, the warehouse, etc...

Rodrigo invoke_duo
03-06-2005, 08:39 PM
hey...

for me, the site is not working... :eh:

On the next week, O.B.I. will be here, in Brasil. My brother and me will play with him on two TechnoPride parties...

And in August, it's time to Patrick return... :lol:

Cheers,

kindrecordings
03-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Ya it was truely a great night of music! Kind Recordings would like to thanks all the talent and all our supporters for coming out to Operation Lockdown!

We'll be posting dj sets and more pics from the night VERY soon @ kindkidz.com

:-p

The Overfiend
06-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Ya it was truely a great night of music! Kind Recordings would like to thanks all the talent and all our supporters for coming out to Operation Lockdown!

We'll be posting dj sets and more pics from the night VERY soon @ kindkidz.com

:-p
Speaking of which send me more cd's in the mail, im still pumping the last mix in the whip chief.

Patrick DSP
06-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Terry mullen blew my mind that night... it was like a time warp back into the acid house days when the music was as powerful as the drugs, if not more. he really did take me for a trip during his set. i'm thankful to beable to say that i got to see him again after all these years, and even better to be on the same bill. thanks.

snooch
13-06-2005, 07:04 AM
...mullen played in detroit a lot around 1996...i remember thinking he was awesome, but then didn't really hear him ever after 97 or so and always wondered if i'd still think he was good...

That was a good era to hear him. I have a good recording of him at an afterhours in '96 recorded off the board. Some of his more recent sets have been good midwest acidhouse ala Definative recs, but some have been straight house sets.[/quote]

278d7e64a374de26f==