PDA

View Full Version : New Track - IQ - 4.0 (Use Us)

Barely Human
03-06-2005, 07:59 PM
After a while away, im back with a new track. This one is a bit different for me, so i hope you like it. Its still not finished, but i know it needs some more stuff adding, and ive currently hit a brick wall. Any suggestions would be brilliant -

http://www.thefaction.co.uk/audio/clubfactionresidents/iq/tracks/IQ%20-%204.0%20(Use%20Us).mp3

Barely Human
03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Ive just referenced this in my car and realised there about 1000% to much bass. I'll re-eq it and upload it a bit later...

Mindful
03-06-2005, 08:28 PM
downloading now wont be able to listen till I get home tho(my sisters watching some garden program shit :eh: )

Ill ignore the bass then IQ :lol:

audioinjection
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
i think everything sounds good percussion wise, but i'm not really liking that weird synth in there, just a personal preference, but this track has a nice drive to it

BRADLEE
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Man I really like this Q. Pretty hard broken beat shit right here. I really like the break too homie!!! Excellent work. I'm only in headphones so the bass was fine in there, although I am sure you are correct.

BTW, really WIKKED SYNTH in there too!!!

get it Eq'd and ship it out amigo. I like it quite well, I think mostly I just really like your production style.

Barely Human
03-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the replies people.

I deffo need to add some more stuff and make some edits to make it less loopy yet. Ive eq'd a different version for ya's with less bass -

(taken this link down)

I'll upload a new version when i get some time to do some changes...

ps. Messanger - Im glad you like it. I havent had chance to check any of your new stuff out recently, do you have any links to some recent tracks dude?

BRADLEE
03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
ps. Messanger - Im glad you like it. I havent had chance to check any of your new stuff out recently, do you have any links to some recent tracks dude?

Not as of recent Q. Very soon I will post some new links though. I have a few in the works, but I haven't been able to finish anything lately other than redoing my drug user remix for that GAD project.

j_s
04-06-2005, 02:54 AM
i like how you've managed to keep this driving & percussive and still include some nice synth work (though i would agree i'm not entirely taken by that chimey chromatic line). main break/build is very cool. on the whole i can't think of anything obviously missing from this. some more edits would be nice, but even as it is i feel there's enough going on to keep it from sounding loopy.

The Divide
04-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I dont like the synths as they are a bit too "rave lead" sounding. It doesnt compliment the dark feel you have going on with the rest the track

Mindful
04-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Sick mate I would play that no problem.
love the way it drops and like the wobbley tec synth.Also the stuttery bit at about 3 mins 40 :clap:

Barely Human
05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Ive changed this about quite a bit now, so i'll post up my results tonight hopefully....

lau
05-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Like the track!!!

Not to sure about the synths too the "rave"synths.....

Not a big fan of the bleepy kinda sounds going on...

The rest of the track is nice I think.. It got a nice funky drive to it... !!

Looking forward to the updated version :rambo:

RDR
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Im liking this Al.

Not too sure about the big filter in the middle, to my mind it carries on too long.

But im loving that synth sound - millsian horror for sure

;)

xfive
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I totally dig this man.. very nice... :twisted:
I need to check it again on monitors at home but it sounds fine on these headphones ;)

TechMouse
08-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Dark!

I likey.

Can see what people mean about the synth noise. Maybe if it was tightened up a bit, and a little more grit to it? I dunno. Hit & miss, basically.

Still though, I think it works overall.

Balron
12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
So...I like the beat a lot...nice one. but those synths are not for me.They sound more to some experimental music ,because they are really non-rhytmic ... that is why i do not like them here..
But as I already said...beat is really nice ;)

dirty_bass
12-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Love it, please get in touch mate as I am finalising stuff for Singularity 1 at the moment.

Barely Human
13-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Nice one people, ive nearly finished this now. Its changed quite a lot now, hopefully you'll like the changes.

RE: DB - Cool man, i'll try and grab you on msn...

xfive
13-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Same link ?

Barely Human
13-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Nah man, not uploaded the new version yet ;)

I'll let you knwo when i do :cool:

dirty_bass
13-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Nice one people, ive nearly finished this now. Its changed quite a lot now, hopefully you'll like the changes.

RE: DB - Cool man, i'll try and grab you on msn...

I`m really not online much these days as I`m on a severe work contract.
I`d like to know if that track you posted in the singularity thread is finished, and when I can have a finished version for the final Pack, so I can run through what to put on S.1 and get the pressing underway.

Please PM me
or email via londontechno.co.uk

Barely Human
13-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Ah, that track :lol: Not touched that in ages. Just needs tidying up a bit round the edges and getting rid of my crap mastering :doh:

I'll crack on with that as my next project to do....

Barely Human
13-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok, i think this is gonna be pretty much the finished version if people want to check it out - http://www.thefaction.co.uk/audio/clubfactionresidents/iq/tracks/IQ%20-%204.0%20(Use%20Us).mp3

:cool:

scrivs
14-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I like this sounds wicked gd 1

Barely Human
14-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Cheers dude....

Anyone want to comment if they think the new version is an improvement?

*NEED:MORE:INPUT/NEED:MORE:INPUT/NEED:MORE:INPUT*
http://www.johnny-five.com/fanart/7.jpg

xfive
14-06-2005, 11:18 PM
The track is nice man... fine additions. ;)
I'll have to check it at home on the monitors as far as sound goes.

Mindful
15-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow thats a wiked piece of techno mate.
Realy feeling the spooky haunted synth in the background.
The way it kicks in after the first little break and turns into madness is spot on and the little stuttery bit that leads in to the driving heads down bit is super fly.
Exelent track stays intresting thruout and the productions good.
As said before I would play that no worries would be in my bag(dont have a box :lol: )for a long time.

Is it finished like?

Mindful
15-06-2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.johnny-five.com/fanart/7.jpg

Lazer lips :lol:

Barely Human
15-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow thats a wiked piece of techno mate.
Realy feeling the spooky haunted synth in the background.
The way it kicks in after the first little break and turns into madness is spot on and the little stuttery bit that leads in to the driving heads down bit is super fly.
Exelent track stays intresting thruout and the productions good.
As said before I would play that no worries would be in my bag(dont have a box :lol: )for a long time.

Is it finished like?

Hey thanks man. Im glad you understood it.

Its pretty much finished now, just needs a few minor touches and some decent mastering.

The Divide
15-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Aye gets my thumbs up too

dirty_bass
15-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Again, wow.
You da man.

278d7e64a374de26f==