PDA

View Full Version : Nord MODULAR deal

Komplex
04-06-2005, 04:04 AM
2005-06-03

To all Clavia Nord Modular users

In conjuction with the annual electro-music 2005 seminar in Philadelphia 3 - 6 june, we hearby launch a limited offer for owners of the original Nord Modular and Nord Modular rack.

All Nord Modular owners are enititled to exchange their units for a brand new Nord G2 or G2X, the part exchange value will be 500 Euros incl. VAT.

Bring your Modular Key or Modular Rack to your local Clavia dealer or contact us at clavia@clavia.se for information where to do the exchange

The offer is valid until august 3.

Sounds cool. Don't know if I'd want to part with my modular rack tho. I'd swap the micro for a G2 Engine at the drop of a hat!

hiroprotagonist
04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
GAH! damn! Ive been wanting to get my hands on a modular rack. I thought they were going to be re-releasing it at a new price or something...

lau
04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Well if you still want one.. than just look in some shops.. they've got really good offers now....

Got mine about a month ago for 700 euro's with a voice expansion for free...

hiroprotagonist
04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Im keeping an eye out. micromodulars seem to be pretty popular in used classified circles, but so far no rack mods.

stempelkissen
05-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Be careful, I much prefer the sound of my original micro to the G2. Clavia really changed the sounds of the oscillators. They sounds a lot weaker IMO. This is a bit of a contentious subject though, not everyone I've spoken to about this agrees with me. I'm just advising anyone else to check out the sound of the G2 in person before swapping their modulars/micros. Plus you cant store patches in the G2 engine version which for me was a real pain.

hiroprotagonist
05-06-2005, 12:52 PM
wait you cant save patches with the G2? what the crap is that?!

stempelkissen
05-06-2005, 07:18 PM
You can save patches as files on the computer you are using as an editor. you just can't save them inside the synth's memory as you could before. For some I guess this wouldn't be a problem but for me it would have been a major pain. You can save patches in the memory of the keyboard versions thouugh.

Komplex
06-06-2005, 01:51 AM
You can save patches as files on the computer you are using as an editor. you just can't save them inside the synth's memory as you could before. For some I guess this wouldn't be a problem but for me it would have been a major pain. You can save patches in the memory of the keyboard versions thouugh.

Thats really crap!

It can't possibly cost Clavia that much more to whack a stick of ram in there.

hiroprotagonist
06-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Ok heres a scenario. what if I use my g2 on my audio desktop machine at home. I get hired for a gig and want to play out with my g2 live. but i want to bring my laptop to the gig and not my desktop. Will the software allow me to install multiple versions? If not then Im basically screwed unless I want to use presets/ lug my desktop to the venue.

stempelkissen
06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok heres a scenario. what if I use my g2 on my audio desktop machine at home. I get hired for a gig and want to play out with my g2 live. but i want to bring my laptop to the gig and not my desktop. Will the software allow me to install multiple versions? If not then Im basically screwed unless I want to use presets/ lug my desktop to the venue.

Yes you can do that, you can load up the patch files and run the editor on any computer.

Komplex
07-06-2005, 01:15 AM

its not a plugin :)

the software is just an editor for the hardware...

professor
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
I think the G2 sound great.
I have the Key version and it stores more patches than I could possible have use for.
It would be nice if it had more distortion and verb modules to work with...

278d7e64a374de26f==