PDA

View Full Version :  Top five DJs/PA’s

IvorRingingInMyEars
26-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Top five DJs/PA’s (everyone can throw a few names in the bag but please write a few words to let the rest of the board know why you think they really are so good).

1.DJ Rush –Heard him a few times and has been impressed every time. His mixing skills are not close to the standards of Hawtin or Beyer, but fuk me does this guy know how to get the crowd going, one after another, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM… He never plays too fast, its just right and always hard as fuk… Amazing stuff.

2.Green Velvet – Heard his live set at the Reading Festival last year and it was awesome. Just hearing Red Light (in my opinion the best Green Velvet tune), Flash and The answering machine live, probably made my year… Wicked stuff.

3.Dave Clarke – His greatest set (in my opinion) was in the Glastonbury dance tent. He was playing the same time as the Chemical Brothers, I made the right choice. His set was awesome; I have never seen a crowd react so well to techno in my entire life, the man is truly gifted!!!

4.Billy Nasty – Another true great, you never know what to expect from him. He is absolutely brilliant a building his set up. His ability to wein a house music crowd into techno frenzy is amazing.

5.Marco Carola – Some compare his style to Jell Mills, I’ve never heard Jeff Mills but if he sounds as good as this chap you could not go wrong. His mixing is spot on and his choice of tunes, well look at some of the tunes he’s produced. Nuff said…

Sorry to leave you out Mark but you are up against some stiff competion…

zoki
26-10-2002, 03:28 AM
in no order...

Steve Rachmad - heard this man only once but it was one of the best 3 deck hard minimal techno sets i have heard in some time.

Marco Carola - 3 deck master. getting a bit softer as of late. Probably the smoothest of the bunch.

Valentino Kanzyani - Saw him for the first time a few weeks back..very creative smooth mixing. the guy has a blast behind the decks..you cant help but get into it.

Adam Beyer - rocked a boat party here in nyc this summer...i thought the boat was going to sink.

Sven Vath - always loved the diversity and the guy is a pure nutjob.

mills and hawtin are always a given.

-z

Esox Lucius
26-10-2002, 11:07 AM
1) ben sims ~ my fav techno turntablist.... the man is a genius.

2) surgeon ~ need i say more!

3) ade fenton

4) billy nasty

5) dave clarke

fav producers

1) rue east

2) anthony rother

3) inigo kennedy

4) ben sims

5) surgeon

IvorRingingInMyEars
26-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Must agree with Zoki Adam Beyer Rocks, heard in Ibiza last summer and guy is @#%$ mental. His mixing abilities are spot on.

If any of you have not heard is style download his set from The Timewarp 06/04/2002 (djsets.com). It is fuking amazing.

Adverse
26-10-2002, 09:15 PM
don't get out to much lives/dj's anymore. so i'll just state that ben sims is the best dj i've ever seen (not my kind of tunes though).

my fave producers.

1. Glenn Wilson

2. The Anxious (TAKIN OVAAAAA!)

3. Dean Rodell

4. Hardcell & Bacto (usually only together)

5. Stanny Franssen

Sam1978
26-10-2002, 10:01 PM
DJs (some of my favs):

Surgeon

Derrick May

Marco Carola

Charles Siegling (Technasia)

Ben Sims

PAs:

The Advent

Plastikman

Holy Ghost

TripleX
27-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Producer:

1. Glenn Wilson, his music just kicks ass!

2.Gaetano Parisio, that guy has an amzing groove in almost every record, and they`re so easy to mix=)

3.the Anxious, their tracks are like wilson, pure anger

4. Ignition Technician, they got a good mixture between hard and softer tracks, i love wedafuqawi

Dj:

Rush, he´s the one who makes me bounce on the dancefloor

like nobody else, plays the records i like most and has an amazing attitude.

Edited by: TripleX at: 10/26/02 6:45:34 pm

eyes without a face
27-10-2002, 01:52 AM
1) Ade Fenton - overtaken Clarkey as my fave, the mans just got such energy behind the decks and he's got a nice, fast cut up style

2) Dave Clarke - wot more needs to b said

3) Adam Beyer - my oh my went to see him last nite, the mans a ****in legend, sound as @#%$ too and even played his set with no shoes on!

4) Richard Wilkinson - one half of Ignition Technician and he is one heck of a Dj, fast hard techno with some amazing electro now and then

5) Dj C1 - not as hard as the rest but my word can this guy get a crowd going

web of deception
28-10-2002, 02:46 PM
1. laurent garnier - no explanation needed.

2. cristian varela - always trying new tricks on 4 tables.

3. ben sims - i saw him in detroit at an afterparty and he was perfect.

4. marco carola - when he's in the zone, he's flawless.

5. mr. mark eg - he can break a turntable cover on his head, and still finish a mix without missing a beat.

krakp0t
01-11-2002, 09:50 PM
live pa -

acid junkies

speedy j

cari + joel

hatwin

stewart walker

advent

dj -

rush

henry cullen

mills

dave clarke

billy nasty

jay denham

gaetano

misstress barbara

suburban knight

krakp0t
01-11-2002, 09:56 PM
duh. forgot joey beltram.

DJPAUZE
13-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Top 5 djs for me:

MARK EG

CRISTIAN VARELA

DAVE THE DRUMMER

ANDREI MORANT

DAVE CLARKE

LIVE PA'S TOP 5

DAVE THE DRUMMER

MARK EG

GLENN WILSON (OH MY WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!)

SPEEDY J

REGIS LIVE

MARKEG
13-11-2002, 03:42 PM
God mate, that PA I did in Brazil must've impressed you! hahaha... Respex...

TRB
13-11-2002, 11:37 PM
DJ SET:

Christian Varela (4 Decks)

DJ Murphy (3 Decks) (Brazilian DJ)

Mark EG

Dave The Drummer

Dave Clarke

LIVE PA:

Glenn Wilson

Mark EG

Dave The Drummer