PDA

View Full Version : Last weeks work....updated version

lau
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
So this is how I got this far...

I'm happy with the soundquality of the track this far but I'm having some problems with finding some extra elements without loosing it..

Ennieways would love to know what you think about it.. .It's a pretty straight tracks actually, but I think it has enough power tot it be be like that.. ;)

LINK (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/ONE.mp3)

:rambo:

TOM GALLOP[
04-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Liked the syncopated feel in the drums. Perhaps you could develop that element of the track so that they/it builds more. Sounds cool so far anyway..carry on!

nova
05-06-2005, 12:13 PM
good stuff lau. you get some realy intresting sounds going on. maybe get a bit more in this 1??. the broken beats sound cool as!. production sounds good as always ;) . do you play your stuff out lau??.

lau
05-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Tnx for the comments... Think its a good idea to develop the drums a bit.. maybe use some automated filters over it... will try that one out...

To Nova.. nope not playing it out yet... though I'm working on something together with a friend of mine... (anton pieete) who's done some great tracks... bit like my style but he's got a more funky style to it....

So the general id was me playing live and he will mix his own records onto that.. and ofcourse some other shit... currently working on that but it could take some more time since I'm kinda busy with skool and the is a lame guy who never does shit :lol:

ennieways glad you liked the track... will work on it as soon as I've got some time again...!

RDR
05-06-2005, 01:58 PM
i liked this one, keep it up!

nova
05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
cool he sounds good. get out there on ableton live ;) . ya got plenty of good tunes. few dudes done couple live pa's round here & whould throw the deck into the set play tunes theyve done on vinyl. more acid tho that was. good stuff. ya could post ya set. whould be a nice set/cd for me car!. and im sure its good on the dance floor aswell lau ;)

lau
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
cool he sounds good. get out there on ableton live ;) . ya got plenty of good tunes. few dudes done couple live pa's round here & whould throw the deck into the set play tunes theyve done on vinyl. more acid tho that was. good stuff. ya could post ya set. whould be a nice set/cd for me car!. and im sure its good on the dance floor aswell lau ;)

We'll work on the demo soon..!! Will get you a copy when it's finished!!!

nova
06-06-2005, 06:16 PM

We'll work on the demo soon..!! Will get you a copy when it's finished!!!

thanks lau well appreciated ;) , respect :rambo:

Mindful
06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Wicked tune that Lau just my cup of tea has a good dark feel to it even tho theres not much dark atmospherics its still got that vibe im impressed mate :clap: also the productions perty good too I like your minnimal aproach.

Mindful
06-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I think if you add some more atmosphere(some more layers of eirie pads for example)then you can fill the track up a little more without taking away from that clean minnimal sound you have going on so far they dont have to be loud or stand out just there in the background doing their job(no louder than the one you allready have in there)

lau
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I think if you add some more atmosphere(some more layers of eirie pads for example)then you can fill the track up a little more without taking away from that clean minnimal sound you have going on so far they dont have to be loud or stand out just there in the background doing their job(no louder than the one you allready have in there)

Been listening to this one the past days... definitly needs more going on ... probably will add some dark layers like you said.. but I will change the build up of the track too coz Im not really happy with that...

Haven´t had any time to work on it yet... but will repost as soon as I´ve made some improvements...

tnx a lot !! :cool:

xfive
07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah this is a good backbone for a track but it needs as its been said.. needs a bit more going on... nice start though ;)

lau
08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Tnx man...!!

Will try to kick my brother out of MY studio that is in HIS room and get some work done today...

lol

BloodStar
09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
hi man,

as the track starts,, i guess this will be some dark monster as ussual,,from u :))) cool... sounds quite minimal in the beginning.. some nice synths are added after while,, mazbe as i'm know listening,u could try to more compress the kick,to add more presence to it,. just my tip :) /on 2nd and 3rd listen i§m not too keen on this,,and your kcik sounds nice,,but in some parts of the track it§s dull little bit,.don§t know :)) / I still can imagine some more weird synth sounds here and there, which would make this a dark synths machinery hell :)),... production is ok, but u could add little more on hats, i think,. nice,,anyway... cheers..

lau
09-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Thnx man... already filled it up a bit...!!! Will see if I can make that kick bit more phatter!!

was just working on it.. first have toi finish my daily obligations.. and than I'll have ample time to finish this.. will repost tonight..

Tnx again for all the comments!!

MITA
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
good rhythm and atmosphere...
finish thisone mate!

lau
10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok..

So I filled the track up and made some changes..

Think I f*cked up the kick though.. so will have to work on that.... Getting near the cpu-core :eh: so will have to bounce stuff...

ennieways tips tricks nd hints always welcome!!

NEW LINK (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/ONE2.mp3)

lau
12-06-2005, 11:17 PM
So did anyone have a listen to this new version already...??

Would love to know if you like this version...

Mindful
12-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Downloading now mate will have a listen when I get home and hopfully post some feedback tommorow.

nova
14-06-2005, 09:53 AM
that synth stab is nic lau. has that been added??. wicked stuff. realy like the pattern of the kick. the end bar reminds me of somthing i cant put my finger onit. maybe the genius addy on tele??. good stuff :rambo:

nova
14-06-2005, 10:42 AM
that synth stab is nic lau. has that been added??. wicked stuff. realy like the pattern of the kick. the end bar reminds me of somthing i cant put my finger onit. maybe the genius addy on tele??. good stuff :rambo:

na its not the genius addy.

good track lau. i looking forward to my cd. ha ha ;) :cool:

Mindful
15-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I like this mate.
The synth that you have added is cool,productions pretty good(alltho there was a couple of ocasions where I wanted the kick to have more oomf)and I like the stucture of the track and all the little edits and bridges are cool too.

I would say its pretty much finished my man.

lau
16-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks dudes..!!

Know I messed up the kick... think thats the only part that will need some work... than I can toss it on my '"finished tracks pile" :lol:

nova
16-06-2005, 01:22 PM
i reckon!. sounds there to me. maybe do the kick for peace of mind and happyness. sounds good. that synths good ;)

nova
16-06-2005, 01:28 PM
i wouldnt change the pattern of the kick tho. sounds good.

278d7e64a374de26f==