PDA

View Full Version : samson resolv 65 monitors...?

sash
05-06-2005, 03:48 AM
does anyone know much or have heard any comments about these monitors?
i've read good things about em in Future Music but haven't really found too many other reviews in magazines/ internet. For the price they seem to be a nice buy. Any comments?

RDR
05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
From all the people i have spoken to both in shops and online they seem to be rated as a fairly good quality monitor. Dont buy the 50 series tho' complete shit - i heard em in a shop and was shocked.

sleepy
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM
i have these monitors and i cant complain they have a really good clear sound and for £100 u cant go wrong

RDR
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
forgot to add IMO... :roll:

dirty_bass
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
nooooooooooooo
Save your money and get proper monitors.
Good nearfields are sooooooo important.
Don`t be a cheap ass, patience will pay off and good nearfields will not only change your world, but they should last you for life.

sash
10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
nooooooooooooo
Save your money and get proper monitors.
Good nearfields are sooooooo important.
Don`t be a cheap ass, patience will pay off and good nearfields will not only change your world, but they should last you for life.

yeah sounds like good advice. Something like the event precision 8's maybe? i read nothing but awesome reviews on these bad boys......

fatcollective
23-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Only just seen the post or i'd of replied sooner. I've got a set of these and have to agree with dirty on this 1. They seem muddy on the low freq's and push the mids a bit to much. End result is they're v.hard to mix down on. On the other hand for the money (£100) they do a good job, so if its budget your after you could do a lot worse.

J. Smart

sash
24-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Only just seen the post or i'd of replied sooner. I've got a set of these and have to agree with dirty on this 1. They seem muddy on the low freq's and push the mids a bit to much. End result is they're v.hard to mix down on. On the other hand for the money (£100) they do a good job, so if its budget your after you could do a lot worse.

J. Smart

cheers. I've made up my mind to spend more on a good pair now. thanks for the late reply :-)

fatcollective
24-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Wise choice.
As soon as I got the cash I'm going for mackie 624's which I know for a fact are great for techno. My flatmates got a set of these and I've started checking any recordings I do through these and they seem to highlight any problems nicely.

Barely Human
24-06-2005, 07:50 PM
The best advice i seen on whether to buy cheap monitors was this -

"Remember, no matter what gear you have, the only part of your studio you are going to hear is your monitors. Do you really want this to be your weekest link?"

stjohn
24-06-2005, 08:49 PM
The best advice i seen on whether to buy cheap monitors was this -

"Remember, no matter what gear you have, the only part of your studio you are going to hear is your monitors. Do you really want this to be your weekest link?"

are you one of those intelligent ones? ;) or just a deep thinker

sash
25-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Wise choice.
As soon as I got the cash I'm going for mackie 624's which I know for a fact are great for techno. My flatmates got a set of these and I've started checking any recordings I do through these and they seem to highlight any problems nicely.

Yeah i heard they're a nice speaker. I also heard the Event precision 6's pump out a nice sound as well. Why don't u go for the Mackie 824's? they go deeper don't they?

fatcollective
25-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Why don't u go for the Mackie 824's? they go deeper don't they?

Its a size thing. I aint got enough room in my studio to really get the best out of a speaker that size. Otherwise...

278d7e64a374de26f==