PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Ho - Sculpture(Meta)

ReakZ
05-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh booy i definitly change my opinion about Oliver Ho when i've heard this fresh release from him,i always imagined that Oliver Ho does light/funky techno & now i listen to this release which is so pounding maybe there are more such stuff from him ?? oh well.. :cool:

Buttman
05-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh boy have you missed some good stuff!!!!

Zektor
05-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Oh booy i definitly change my opinion about Oliver Ho when i've heard this fresh release from him,i always imagined that Oliver Ho does light/funky techno & now i listen to this release which is so pounding maybe there are more such stuff from him ?? oh well.. :cool:

light / funky techno?

No, he's a man of many styles!

You should check out his releases on Surface Records and Blue Print Records...very cool.

:cool:

Traxx
05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Rituals :love:

ReakZ
05-06-2005, 07:05 PM
i've heard his stuff on blueprint,i dont say it was bad but it was light, i cant say the same about this one :lol:

Stella Boy
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Check these out, superb stuff !!

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF153597-01-01-01.mp3

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF147442-01-03-01.mp3

SlavikSvensk
05-06-2005, 08:13 PM

:clap:

Stretch
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
i've heard his stuff on blueprint,i dont say it was bad but it was light, i cant say the same about this one :lol:

Cosmetics isn't light!

Craig McW
06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Oliver has definitely hit a purple patch for me recently. Between this and the Layers ep I'm mightily impressed.

Bravo :clap:

The Overfiend
06-06-2005, 09:07 AM

Triple :clap:
Ho is the reason I love Tribal stuff, but occasionally he proves he can bang out for sure.
Mutate and Survive.
Nuff Said.

gunjack
06-06-2005, 05:14 PM
i was on a gig with ollie a few months back. we drove up to the north together from madrid and then back down in the morning, dude is real reserved and kinda shy etc. but from talking to him in the morning, ollie HAS THE RIGHT IDEA. many styles, diversity and all that. much respect. great dj too!!! :rambo:

Sunil
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Oh yes :clap:
I rarely play a set that doesn't have a ritual or two in it. Ollie Ho is the man, and that Veil album is the shit. If that had been produced by Surgeon it'd probably have had a 20+ page thread in the dark/experimental forum.

Anyway, on a further note...
Rituals :clap: :clap:

wrong
06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Still remember the first time i heard meta001 at a club... that broken beated track with the looped rasping vocal sample and then WHAM - the bassline to end all basslines....proper tuuune

Tiptoe
06-06-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah this a top vinyl. rock any dancefloor

Fordy
06-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Brilliant producer, love all of his stuff.

This new release is awesome aswell :love:

The Overfiend
06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Still remember the first time i heard meta001 at a club... that broken beated track with the looped rasping vocal sample and then WHAM - the bassline to end all basslines....proper tuuune
Wow man, I am glad people are paying respects to Oliver in this section. Now thats raw ass talent!!!!!!!

SlavikSvensk
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
i think his tracks from like 7 years ago still sound fresh as hell now.

slavestudios
06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
i preferred his early dark work. the real dense bass heavy stuff.. the first Metas & the like.. in saying that, i have many a Ho 12. the 'Voices..' work i liked as well. not as tearing, but quality loopage..

was lucky enuff to be running the first club to have him in Northern Ireland. excellent dj & total gent.

:clap: :clap:

Meta 4 BANGS :rambo:

dirty_bass
07-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Yah, Mr Ho has always kinda been there, just getting on with it, doing all styles and working it well.

Sunil
07-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Here's an interview I came across with him, done in February of last year.

Worth a read:

http://www.higher-frequency.com/e_interview/oliver_ho/

ampassasinbirmingham
07-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Oh yes :clap:
I rarely play a set that doesn't have a ritual or two in it. Ollie Ho is the man, and that Veil album is the shit. If that had been produced by Surgeon it'd probably have had a 20+ page thread in the dark/experimental forum.

Anyway, on a further note...
Rituals :clap: :clap:

easily the best LP of last year. superb.

mindbender
07-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Oliver Ho is the man.....

he's all over the place.

he can do the tribal stuff..

he can do the ambient stuff

the more housier stuff

and of course blow us away with the dark hard stuff.

I have been bangin that Sculpture release for a month now.

people are loving it!

I am going to see him at this place called Sonotheque in Chicago,USA

different format, unmixed performance.

veeerrry interesting..

machina
07-06-2005, 08:32 AM
"HRFQ : Do you have a message to the readers?

Oliver : I think what is most important know to anyone listening to dance music and trying to learn more about it is to have an open mind and not just sit at home and listen to dance music all the time. I love dance music and that's the industry that I work in, but at the same time, especially if you are making music, the only way to get real good inspiration or to appreciate what you are doing is to see the whole picture. The more people that do that the better it will be for the music itself. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------
wise, wise words. :clap:

machina

slimboy
07-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Metaphysical and the EP he did on Sequential are awesome!

icb
13-08-2005, 12:34 PM
got this Sculpture release, and I`m loving it, just what I needed lately..... :clap:

Conan
14-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah Oliver Ho is literally a Legend. His blueprint stuff is some of the filthiest, grittiest and best techno I've ever heard F***in brilliant, I think his Meta stuff is amazing except fot The Soft Machine Lp (which I have), Listen to the voice inside Lp (have) World of Life ep (have), Layers ep and Sculptures ep (have that to).

Although I have bought these newest releases, they are way too polished for my liking and compared to his earlier stuff on the label they are week .

IMO They just dont have that "in jungle" rhythm about them.

Still Rituals is UN ****IN BELIEVABLE!! and all the early Meta and Blueprint stuff (Light and Dark as well) is top notch, didnt like the Veil thing though. Im not sure he's released anything that strong in a while though. IMO

Fusion Cd sampler unbelivable as well!

Zektor
14-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I want Meta 9

:roll:

I need it...NOW!

;)

http://www.discogs.com/release/11627

Traxx
14-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I want Meta 9

I need it...NOW!

;)

Picked this up for 2.50 the other day :cool:

Sunil
14-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Check the new Light & Dark 12" (no.8) by him, it's one of the more interesting techno records I've heard recently... Touches of Plastikman and Basic Channel in there, but with still with its own firm character. Good to see producers experimenting, and to pull it off well :clap:

Zektor
14-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I want Meta 9

I need it...NOW!

;)

Picked this up for 2.50 the other day :cool:

You lucky mo'fo! :shock:

;)

278d7e64a374de26f==