PDA

View Full Version : shranz

gunjack
06-06-2005, 04:04 PM
DOES NOT EXIST. it is some stupid word for hard techno. those boris s white labels can be called CRAP. shranz is a bullshit concept so get it through your heads kiddies. hard techno is hard techno. amok, sven, this is T E C H N O.

i told leibing myslef that he was ****ed up for brain washing the kids.

mang i hate this word.

Patrick DSP
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM
so does everyone else.

it's all techno, even amok and the rest of those guys will admit it. everyone hates that word. it's the record stores that ****ed it up. schranz was a term used by liebing to describe his early audio and minimal hard techno loop sound. but again i stand by the fact that labels are only good for underwear, so you can write your name on it. that's it.

UngratefulNinja
06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
We've always had some pretty naff names for different genres and sub-genres of electronica.

Hardstyle, Freeform, jump-up, techstep bla bla bla

I could go on forever, it really doesn't matter.

Its a form of music, like it or not some people feel that its something they like to listen to and go mental at a club at. To each his own and what is one man's trash is another man's treasure.

As for the silly name, you can personally call it whatever you want, but it seems like alot of people like the tag 'schranz', even if it is a nonsense word that doesn't really mean anything.

Just go to show you that humanity doesn't always make sense :lol:

gunjack
06-06-2005, 05:10 PM
no shit but i am getting pissed mang, the next person who uses the word shranz to describe my trax gets a size twelve enema!!! :evil:

loopdon
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
not again :doh: we have had this talk in germany for years and years now...

loopdon
06-06-2005, 05:28 PM
not again :doh: we have had this talk in germany for years and years now...

actually it's 'schranz' if anything...

get over it man :rambo:

gunjack
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
how about "shitty bandwagon german pigeonhole word"?

wrong
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
no shit but i am getting pissed mang, the next person who uses the word shranz to describe my trax gets a size twelve enema!!! :evil:

What do we call your style then, i thought it was shranz???

Mindful
06-06-2005, 06:47 PM
hard techno is hard techno.

Mother ****ing word

SlavikSvensk
06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
or we could just call it haaaaaarrrrrrdddd techno. or HARD techno. hizzard tizznechno...

gunjack
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM

What do we call your style then, i thought it was shranz???

ohhh you are asking for it bro..... maybe i will go look into your isp now :twisted:

Numeric
06-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I would never ever describe Gunjack as Schranz...

Never...

wrong
06-06-2005, 09:52 PM

Never...

No, you're right, its more kind of dark techno with a hard dance edge to it

no, only joshing, just wanted to see what a size 12 enama felt like....wasn't that bad really, might even put it on my christmas list..

The Overfiend
06-06-2005, 10:37 PM
:doh:

Zektor
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
when I came to these boards for the first time I was like:

"The Techno forum", "Hard Techno forum" & "Dark/experimental Techno forum.......WTF?"

Why are people discussing about Oliver Ho in the Hard Techno forum? Why are people discussing about Regis in the Dark experimental forum?

I don't really get it.

Oh well...nevermind!

About "Schranz": I'm not into that kinda music.

SlavikSvensk
06-06-2005, 10:42 PM
i hate subgenres. there, i said it.

fatcollective
06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
hard techno, funky techno, minimal techno, shranz, house, gabba ..... if you dont like it dont talk about it or listen to it, that way it wont bother ya!

dirty_bass
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Well, I thought Gunjack was schranze. It`s that special combination of cheesy 80`s pop and stupidly distorted-sturm und drang-shouty german-ness you keep using again and again.

:love:

audioinjection
07-06-2005, 12:22 AM
schranz in my pantz

slavestudios
07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
schranzy pantz.................. schweeet :lol:

goodnite ;)

gary_human
07-06-2005, 05:11 PM
hard techno, funky techno, minimal techno, shranz, house, gabba ..... if you dont like it dont talk about it or listen to it, that way it wont bother ya!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

best quote I have heard on this forum for a long time ;)

heavy beats
07-06-2005, 08:28 PM
schranz n ur pants!!!

xfive
07-06-2005, 08:37 PM
if you're not careful its schranz n yo mouf..

gunjack
07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
hey dirty sanchez, you got schranz crabs and you smell bad. but antonio breathes class into your label so i will let you slide ;)

SlavikSvensk
07-06-2005, 09:44 PM
my schranz is bigger than your schranz...

fatcollective
07-06-2005, 11:12 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

best quote I have heard on this forum for a long time ;)

its right though innit, so many people moan about muisc they dont like...whats the fvcking point...it drives me nuts man...support the music you love and keep it at that!

Barely Human
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
What does it matter what you call it??

I kinda like pigeon holing, The world revolves around it. If i went to a record shop and they had one massive pile of records labled "Techno" then it would probably take me ages to find my taste within the genre.

Why not go the whole hog and get rid of all pigeon holes and call anything "Music"

The simple answer is because it makes our lives easier and quicker. You wouldnt go to a resturant and be pissed off because they had split the menu up into different sections would you? Or go to the supermarket and be pissed off with the fact that the tin of beans is with the tin of spagetti? Yes, they are all in tins, but they have differences...

The Divide
07-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Me too

krakp0t
08-06-2005, 12:10 AM
i think gunsak is a chauncey.

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2005, 12:24 AM

I kinda like pigeon holing, The world revolves around it. If i went to a record shop and they had one massive pile of records labled "Techno" then it would probably take me ages to find my taste within the genre.

Why not go the whole hog and get rid of all pigeon holes and call anything "Music"

The simple answer is because it makes our lives easier and quicker. You wouldnt go to a resturant and be pissed off because they had split the menu up into different sections would you? Or go to the supermarket and be pissed off with the fact that the tin of beans is with the tin of spagetti? Yes, they are all in tins, but they have differences...

i see your point, but there is an equal and opposite reaction...keep dividing the genre and artists just start making narrower and narrower tracks.

if i was still working at a shop, i'd sort the records by label

gurgle
08-06-2005, 02:58 AM

Quite.

If s****** is just another word for hard techno (OP) then all hard techno can be described as...

Of course the endless division of genres and subgenres does noone any good if it defines the sole, microscopic, range of music to be played at one party or by one dj, but if you're looking for something specific it's nice to be able to pin it down and save some time.

imo

gunjack
08-06-2005, 04:01 PM
i think gunsak is a chauncey.

AHA there you are my small petered friend. how the f uck are ya? where the f uck are ya? email me you creep.

detfella
08-06-2005, 05:35 PM
knock knock

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
knock knock

who's there?

massplanck
08-06-2005, 08:17 PM
knock knock

who's there?

Hardtechno

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2005, 08:20 PM
knock knock

who's there?

Hardtechno

hardtechno who?

massplanck
08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
knock knock

who's there?

Hardtechno

hardtechno who?

hardtechno what the **** people are talking about on here sometimes.

massplanck
08-06-2005, 08:25 PM
I thought we had this discussion already.

Schranz is a root cause of Cannibalism. Wheres that diagram gone?

GothamGrooves.com
08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I dont consider the production liebing or wilson put out the same as Amok or OBI. Maybe Schranz is not the best word to use but I would not classify it as just hard techno.

davethedrummer
08-06-2005, 11:22 PM
i used to go out raving
but now i go schranzing in stead
it is great , i am stupid , and so is the music.
then i kill myself

:crackup:

gunjack
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
go get yer coat.

SlavikSvensk
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
as music, i don't care for it, but i'm not gonna hate on it either, because there is lots of music i don't care for and i don't expect (or even want)anyone to conform to my tastes.

to each their own, as they say.

but as a term--and as such an example of the endless sub dividing of techno into smaller and smaller, bite-sized morsels of self-referential loop music--schranz sucks.

GothamGrooves.com
09-06-2005, 03:12 AM
then i kill myself
:crackup:

HAHAHAHA

Patrick DSP
09-06-2005, 04:44 AM
pure gold

HAHAHAHAHA

holotropik
09-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I refuse to look into any new genres. I have heard of this one but wouldnt have a clue what it is...

I like it that way :)

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 01:06 PM
go get yer coat.

i am actually wearing my "schranz" studded leather jacket right now
i have finished the outfit off with a pair or red nylon y fronts
and motorcycle boots and a pork pie hat from the seaside saying
" kiss me quick " ( or i'll schranz you slowly)

i am schranz now!
now i must die!!!!!!!!

( sorry..... time to stop this nonsense) :oops: :crackup:

koma
09-06-2005, 01:16 PM
eventualy all techno will become schranz.. ten years from now we will talk about funky schranz, detroit schranz, offbeat schranz, minimal schranz..

resistance is futile..all your schranz are belong to us..

The Divide
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
go get yer coat.

i am actually wearing my "schranz" studded leather jacket right now
i have finished the outfit off with a pair or red nylon y fronts
and motorcycle boots and a pork pie hat from the seaside saying
" kiss me quick " ( or i'll schranz you slowly)

i am schranz now!
now i must die!!!!!!!!

( sorry..... time to stop this nonsense) :oops: :crackup:

that’s soo last year’s shranze, try sporting the very latest shranze mullet!! :nono: :lol:

krakp0t
09-06-2005, 02:26 PM
epic schrantz.

basslinejunkie
09-06-2005, 02:52 PM
who cares what its called.its either s*ite music or good music.

gunjack
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
all your schranz are belong to us..

bwahahahahahahahahahah

tocsin
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Stupid fukking words
They tangle us in our desires
Free me from this give and take
Free me from this great debate
You will do what you do
I will do what I do
We will do what we do
Rearrange and see it through
Go where you think you want to go
Do everything you were sent here for
Fire at will if you hear that call
Touch your hand to the wall at night

massplanck
09-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I like Classically Influenced Progressive Schranz.

@Dave.. Can I eat you and have all your powers after you kill yourself?

SlavikSvensk
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I like Classically Influenced Progressive Schranz.

f*** that. avant-garde folk-schranz rules

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
jail break blues schranz:

" when i woke up this morning " doomdadadoomdadadoomdada
"i heard a disturbin" sound" doomdadadoomdadadoomdadadoom

repeat to fade......

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Stupid fukking words
They tangle us in our desires
Free me from this give and take
Free me from this great debate
You will do what you do
I will do what I do
We will do what we do
Rearrange and see it through
Go where you think you want to go
Do everything you were sent here for
Fire at will if you hear that call
Touch your hand to the wall at night

that's all fine...but why have i got to touch a wall at night?
i don't get it :neutral:

massplanck
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM

repeat to fade......

ROLOTHFLMAOFATFJTYJPONBOADTD!

audioinjection
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
i like the sloppy jesus schranz

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM

que?

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 08:42 PM

que?

massplanck
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM

que?

MOL!

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 08:59 PM

que?

ahhhh now i get it....
you show your appreciation for a post you just type a random selection of letters.!!?....... ie:
hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:
i laughed so much i nearly sh@t myself.....

it's a bit like deliberately allowing the automatic dictionary in your phone to make up nonsense text messages for you......hilarious

ah the humour of it all

tocsin
09-06-2005, 11:57 PM
but why have i got to touch a wall at night?
i don't get it :neutral:

Ask Ian McKaye. Words were taken out of context for the song. But, reading this thread, that particular part of the song just kept running through my head.

massplanck
10-06-2005, 12:38 AM
ahhhh now i get it....
you show your appreciation for a post you just type a random selection of letters.!!?....... ie:
hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:

it's a bit like deliberately allowing the automatic dictionary in your phone to make up nonsense text messages for you......hilarious

ah the humour of it all

Stung :oops:

Hands up. I got lazy. I let the standards slip. I think i've learned my lesson.

I had intended it to be a post-modern jibe at the modern craze of conversing in the latest text messaging lingo.

davethedrummer
10-06-2005, 12:58 AM
ahhhh now i get it....
hbvaldfvlhadvlhadf b

meaning:

ah the humour of it all

Stung :oops:

Hands up. I got lazy. I let the standards slip. I think i've learned my lesson.

I had intended it to be a post-modern jibe at the modern craze of conversing in the latest text messaging lingo.

yep ....time to listen to some new ringtones i just downloaded
yipee!

The Germ
10-06-2005, 06:36 AM
:clap:

RIOTSOUND
10-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I dont consider the production liebing or wilson put out the same as Amok or OBI. Maybe Schranz is not the best word to use but I would not classify it as just hard techno.

I am curious as to why even classify anything?

I used to collect insects and classify them

How do artists benefit from classification?

Why would you even attempt to classify something - you hear a sound and you either like it or you don't... you either understand where it comes from or you don't - you can classify things ad infinitum but at the end of the day you are either going to understand the sound or not - if you don't understand the sound but know the classification that is not going to help you much.

The Overfiend
10-06-2005, 08:24 AM
I used to collect insects and classify them

How do artists benefit from classification?

You collected insects and youre a writer?
I was too busy racking spyder jackets and north faces :lol:

RIOTSOUND
10-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Also, if we cannot put Glenn Wilson and OBI in the same category... i think there is a big problem... What are we trying to do? build a big filing cabinet for music? That's for office dorks not musicians to worry about

I mean... ROCK N ROLL is Just Rock N Roll... Hip Hop is Hip-Hop... and yet those genres are often much more diverse than electronic music... But in electronic music we somehow need to have 80 subgenres?

Does it come from the fact that DJs can't learn to beatmatch or be creative with different elements of pretty much the same thing?

So the DJ's excuse is... "OH... that's not techno...Yea, its Shranz.." WTF LOL

Always remember... when someone hands you a mix and tells you what it is... it will always suck.. at least 99% of the time it will suck

If someone hands you a CD and says... this is my Acid Techno CD or This is my Shranz CD or this is my Detroit Techno CD... it will always suck.

RIOTSOUND
10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
I collected insects when I was like 10...

By the time I turned 18 I was an expert in Credit Card fraud... so we have something in common :lol:

The Germ
10-06-2005, 08:48 AM

By the time I turned 18 I was an expert in Credit Card fraud... so we have something in common :lol:

maybe u should stick to credit card fruad casue there are like 30 sub genres of rock n roll jazz hip hop any other genre of music. Sorry if im coming off harsh but i think u missed that point. I collect womens underware and hang them from the rafters in my dungeon i also am in the PTA and have written Irish Poetry of like like of Shamus Heany and Anne Hartigan did i mention i was in Ireland for the Troubles....

Well now let's all classify me this that and the other thing, but music is music it's expression one can view each style differently. I use to love that AMok OBI Wittenkind stuff i never said okay this is a new genre of music casue people been doing that before them. The French The Dutch etc... But i just think that each artist deserves respect and the genre deserves credit for pushing limits,

O boy im drunk and going to hear some shit...

The Overfiend
10-06-2005, 09:08 AM

ya
Is Shaz still writin with Bes?

RIOTSOUND
10-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Name 3 sub genres of hip-hop? Shit, name 2... I never knew any existed... but hey what do I know?.. I have only been listening and following it for almost 2 decades... I must have missed something.. did they come out with a new book or something?

i don't think you are coming off harsh at all... why would I care how you come off? I only care how I come off

You think artists deserve credit... and you suggest we give it to them by sticking them in a sub-genre?

That is kinda backwards don't you think?

Like... "Well, we won't say you are a Techno Pioneer.. But hell, if you really want we'll say you are a Shranz Genuis!!, Yea, Shranz, thats it!!..you are a Shranz pioneer!" WTF

Pretty stupid if you ask me... sounds more like you are taking credit away than giving it.

I gave up credit card fraud about 7 years ago... never got caught once

Oh shit... I am from a different Riot... thats Riot Productions... i am RiotSound... But I know some of those kids...

I'll reply with this...

http://www.riotsound.com/Events/2005/OperationLockdownMay2005/images/Lockdown2005MAY23.jpg

The Germ
10-06-2005, 11:06 AM
haha u guys are the jerks taggin up the venues then eh?

no wonder why it's so hard to book venues when u deface them!

Hip Hop and rap has to be broken down

u going tell me UK hip hop is the same as the southern gansta shit coming from the south in the USA? Come on bro.... Necro Cage is in the same class as Dr Octogon. Yeah i dig hip hop i havent been listening to music for 20 years but i can tell u that from a muscians stand point i would never put these artists in the same pannel.....

SlavikSvensk
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
how about techno start apeing hip-hop? let's get some bling-bling action going and create coast vs. coast or maybe sub-genre vs sub-genre beef to sell records. WOOOORRRRDDDD.

mrbenn
10-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Pete 'the pop music phenomenon' Waterman techno

As the man & talent behind the ultimate 2 unlimited, some may consider him the godfather of techno. A true underground hero :love:

RIOTSOUND
10-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I think it is all the same...

If it wasn't the artists would not collaborate with each other all the time the way they do...

The RZA, for examples, does beats for The Streets which is UK Hip-Hop...

Yes, the styles are different but that is the way it should be... I think that is what we call originality, not sub-genres

The artists always say they represent one thing - Hip-Hop ...yes, they also represent for their styles and locales but that is all within the big picture of Hip-Hop

Necro and Cage are Hip-Hop just like KRS One, Big Daddy Kane and Public Enemy are Hip-Hop, Just like Master P and C Murder are Hip-Hop, just like Eminem and Snoop Dogg are Hip-Hop, just like Wordsworth and Punchline are Hip-Hop...

Public Enemy employs the unique production of The Bomb Squad, yet I have never heard Hank Shoklee, Keith Shoklee or Chuck D say its somehow a different branch of Hip-Hop... Gangstarr's DJ Premier has a legendary and instantly recognizable production style.. yet he never says he represents for anything besides Hip-Hop...

I think overfocusing on Sub-Genres is one of the things that is killing originality in Electronic Music... I mean look at someone like Moby... the guy has produced things in every genre... from Speedcore to Chillout..

I find the whole Shranz thing rediculous... Just because someone refered that way to their own work does not mean we need to make a genre out of it... I think its just people who want to ride on someone else coattail...

gunjack
10-06-2005, 09:36 PM
damn dude, who you? anyway WHAT HE SAID!

tocsin
10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
I wonder if people like Max Matthews, and other pioneers of synthesis, popped the same shit, or were as concerned, about terms like "techno" that were not the same as what they used similar to how anal people get about the term "schranz" here.

The Overfiend
10-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Sub genre's of hip hop...
Crunk is not Hip Hop
Miami Bass is not hip hop
Screwed is not hip hop
But those are 3 sub genres of hip hop cause they are derivative of what Hip Hop is.

SlavikSvensk
10-06-2005, 10:09 PM
knuck if you buck!

audioinjection
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
i never heard of screwed or crunk being a sub genre of hiphop, but then again, i dont listen to hip hop

The Overfiend
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
knuck if you buck!

My point exactly, Wonder if that stuff makes Krs Throw up

tocsin
10-06-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry bout that da skeet skeet skeet (wwwwhhhhhhAAAATTTTTTTT!)

SlavikSvensk
10-06-2005, 10:28 PM
you guys ever heard go-go from DC?

RIOTSOUND
11-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Yes... Go Go is something that is like a cousin of Hip-Hop or something like that...kind of like Drum N Bass is a cousin of Hip-Hop... I wouldn't say Go Go is a subgenre of Hip-Hop... Go Go is just Go Go... it is not at odds with Hip-Hop... but Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop and Go Go is Go Go... It is big in Washington DC but does not have a far reaching influence like Hip-Hop does

And I am 100% sure the mention of Crunk Music make KRS want to puke... I think what some of you don't realize is that those are just marketing terms used for MTV... nobody takes that serious; especailly not the artists...if you think Crunk is a new genre please let me know - I will contact KRS and have him fly out to wherever you are and slap the shit out of you... lol... I am sure he wouldn't waste his time... but imagine he did! That would be hilarious

Btw... Miami Bass is just Afrika Bambaataa... Planet Rock reworked...

Here is an excert from an interview I did with Masta Ace where he explains some of where Miami Bass comes from as well as some other different sounds in Hip-Hop... pretty insightful

R: Throughout your career you have never been one to worry about trends. I remember playing Sittin’ On Chrome to a friend of mine for the first time and he was like – wait a minute – those are West Coast beats. You were actually one of the first prominent artists from New York to rhyme over beats like that. Can you talk about your role in bridging the gap between East and West on a musical level while the feud was going on and what the response was like to your music at that time?

A: The song that kind of started all that was Born To Roll; the track that I used – many people got it twisted because they looked at that record and they said West Coast; but what they didn’t realize – which was what I did realize – is that the West Coast had adopted the old school East Coast sound and had reinvented it. So when I made Born To Roll, I went back and found an old school East Coast beat – which was Knowledge Me by Original Concept on Def Jam Records, an East Coast Label – I took that beat and I flipped it and I did my rhymes over that beat. When people heard the beat, a lot of them did not know the history of the track, they didn’t know where that beat had come from and they automatically characterized it as West Coast but they didn’t realize the history.

If you really look at music and the evolution of Hip-Hop, you’ll see that many sounds are connected together, there isn’t any one sound that you can characterize as East, West, North or South, its all connected in some way. When Luke came out with Miami Bass and started to blow with Miami Bass, people didn’t realize or at least didn’t pay attention to the fact that Miami Bass was really just Planet Rock, Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force, early 80’s Hip-Hop that he took and rhymed differently over, but in terms of the beat itself it was based off of Planet Rock – that’s what the whole Miami Bass sound was based on.

So I feel to a certain extent I have lived the entire history of this music so I kind of know the origins of the tracks and the beats, so when people categorized it as West Coast that was fine because there was that certain appeal there to the West. I shot the video out there; I was at a car show, the LA Supershow, and I painted that picture of a Brooklyn kid coming to LA to go to a car show and people bought into that whole idea. I had the dark glasses on or whatever – but at the end of the day it was all East Coast based music and I just always need to remind and correct people when they characterize it that way.

Will
11-06-2005, 08:16 PM

repeat to fade......

Sounds like you have a hit on your hands!

SlavikSvensk
11-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes... Go Go is something that is like a cousin of Hip-Hop or something like that...

everything is a cousin of everything, man. there is no center from where all other things derive. techno started with electro...not that much difference between planet rock and cosmic cars...but neither of those tracks exists without kraftwerk, who don't exist without blah, blah, blah all the way to robert johnson and delta blues...

i only mention go-go cuz it's a form of dance music music most people never heard of...

"crunk" is the death metal of the hip-hop world.

:)

Will
11-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Nevermind schranz, I'm sick of hearing about hip hop! At least Schranz is techno.

RDR
11-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Nevermind schranz, I'm sick of hearing about hip hop! At least Schranz is techno.

I like hearing about other forms of music. It gets me edjeecatid, jus like my young uns, bobby, bobby-sue, bobby-joe and darleen..

now where did i put that po' boy?

massplanck
11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Anyone else up for another 20 pager? :love:

The Overfiend
13-06-2005, 08:33 PM
if you think Crunk is a new genre please let me know - I will contact KRS and have him fly out to wherever you are and slap the shit out of you... lol... I am sure he wouldn't waste his time... but imagine he did! That would be hilarious

I know you not sh*t talkin' me son.
Rfc Cm stand up. :nono:

RIOTSOUND
14-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Nah... Not at all... I thought I was agreeing with you actually...

Crunk is like something they just say to bring a new style to it and emphasize their own flavor... I thought thats what you were saying...Like Crunk is corny anyways... But they still want to represent for Hip-Hop with Crunk (even though they are doing a poor job of that - as you pointed out)

KRS used to say Boom Bap ... so its kind of like that... Boom Bap ain't a new genre and neither is Crunk...

Black Moon and BCC is always on that "Blunted" Hip-Hop flavor... etc etc..

Everyone got something they say... But that is just part of individuality... not new genres...etc..

But def not directing that at your statements

Will
14-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Anyone else up for another 20 pager? :love:

Why not? As long as it's about Schranz!

gumpy green
14-06-2005, 11:07 AM
20 pages o shranz talk --fuk that.

that sounds like some of the kiddies sets........2hrs of the same sound. ;) ;)

serox
15-06-2005, 01:34 PM

Never...

wouldnt call it Schranz, i thought was moe uplifting Techno?

gunjack
15-06-2005, 02:09 PM
bah , my foot is going to be uplifting your ass in a minute lol

loopdon
15-06-2005, 03:46 PM
gay biker-house

:lol: :lol: :lol:

loopdon
15-06-2005, 03:47 PM
balearic faggot funk :rambo:

loopdon
15-06-2005, 03:47 PM
juz kidding, words are smoke :twisted:

audioinjection
15-06-2005, 07:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

orac
15-06-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/182380-01.htm

this will never stop haha

The Divide
15-06-2005, 08:56 PM

The reason I have beef with tracks like this is that people don’t just write them themselves. It’s just other peoples work rehashed. Those who like tracks like this will argue "well it works on the dancefloor etc, etc" but imo they wont see the long term problems its causing to the scene in general. Its lazy, uncreative, weak and morally wrong imo

The good thing however is that whoever’s making these tracks are realising that hooks, motives, riffs work at keeping people interested. Something which missing 'schranz' and a lot of techno as it lacks in identity

All a matter of opinion of cause

Bring back minimal hard techno I say, maybe it raw but loose the bore

davethedrummer
15-06-2005, 11:05 PM

The reason I have beef with tracks like this is that people don’t just write them themselves. It’s just other peoples work rehashed. Those who like tracks like this will argue "well it works on the dancefloor etc, etc" but imo they wont see the long term problems its causing to the scene in general. Its lazy, uncreative, weak and morally wrong imo

The good thing however is that whoever’s making these tracks are realising that hooks, motives, riffs work at keeping people interested. Something which missing 'schranz' and a lot of techno as it lacks in identity

i agree 100%

gumpy green
16-06-2005, 12:29 AM

that is just straight WEAK........

if that was graffitti it would have the word TOY written next to it by every decent writer on the block.....fuk me....whod release such a pile of crap in fact who would buy that......

im glad this piss aint a part of the scottish scene....

:nono: :nono: :nono:

WRITE MUSIC FOR FUKS SAKE.

massplanck
16-06-2005, 10:11 AM

:clap: Smash those computers up I say.

davethedrummer
16-06-2005, 01:10 PM
it's not the computers who are at fault
it's the idiots who use them.

here's a great drummer joke:

" what's the best thing about a drum machine?"
" you only have to punch the information in once"

not strictly true if you're using a 909 but there you go.

that was in aid of "give an old joke a home" week.

coat......now.........get it...........

massplanck
16-06-2005, 02:56 PM

Agreed.. but

I still feel a shit techno vs rise in use of software diagram coming on.... :shock:

reality
16-06-2005, 02:56 PM
ok ive read about enuff that bi could read on this schranz subject, i particularly hate the word, because yes it pigeon holes fast hard techno as some other form.

cant we go back to the terms like techno, hard techno, hardcore,
and jungle.

i knew it was getting bad when acid trance basically became hardstyle.....whose with me..

Mindful
16-06-2005, 10:51 PM

:love:

crime
16-06-2005, 11:58 PM

christ, don't give up the day job henry, i don't think you're going to cut it as a comedian ;)

it should read:

Q: What's the difference between a drum machine and a drummer?

A: You only have to punch the information into the drum machine once!

Theres more here if anyone wants a cheap laugh at the expense of drummers: http://www.cse.ogi.edu/Drum/jokes.html

Hope you are good anyway henry, long time no speak!

crime
17-06-2005, 12:03 AM
here's another good drummer/drum machine one:

Why are bad drummers better than drum machines?

You don't have to plug 'em in to get something stiff, mechanical and uninspired.

SlavikSvensk
17-06-2005, 12:07 AM
now that we're all jokesters here, i'd like to share a limerick i composed:

there once was a schranz from nantucket...

massplanck
17-06-2005, 12:16 AM

Who threw all his BPM's in one bucket

crime
17-06-2005, 12:22 AM
well, at least it lightened the vibe

SlavikSvensk
17-06-2005, 12:36 AM

wait...let's go with that...next line is...

"but to many it sounded contrived..."

finish it off plancky, dodgy, crimey, whoever!

TechMouse
17-06-2005, 09:47 AM

wait...let's go with that...next line is...

"but to many it sounded contrived..."

finish it off plancky, dodgy, crimey, whoever!

and Techno crusaders say "f*ck it".

RDR
17-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Schranz by summer moon
I kick the hi-fi hard
detroit oh my love

Haiku!

SlavikSvensk
17-06-2005, 04:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

massplanck
17-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Schranz me Hup Joanna!
Hup Joanna! Schranz untill the morning light....

massplanck
17-06-2005, 04:22 PM

Who threw all his BPM's in one bucket

can i go back and change BPM's to kicks? :neutral:

SlavikSvensk
17-06-2005, 04:22 PM
i am way too lazy to write a sonnet...

gunjack
17-06-2005, 08:11 PM
AAAAANNNNYYYYYWAAAAAY. there is a new gunjack interview up in the promo section http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35635 where i go into this a bit.

audioinjection
17-06-2005, 08:21 PM
does it have to do with schranz?

:lol:

massplanck
17-06-2005, 10:21 PM

:clap:

davethedrummer
18-06-2005, 11:50 AM
AAAAANNNNYYYYYWAAAAAY. there is a new gunjack interview up in the promo section http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35635 where i go into this a bit.

so you ARE schranz!
i KNEW IT!!

i bet you wear black a leather jacket with red underpants and wellies
with a hat saying
"kiss me quick and i'll schranz you slowly" on it.
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!

anyway i just been listening to a schranz version of the "a team" in a friends studio
very funny stuff. unfortunately the only really funny thing is the actual sample in the middle which is that spoken intro to the show:
"a crack commando squad ......you've just hired the a team " etc etc etc ........
then the beat comes in and it's like....
"shall we go down the pub now?"

koma
19-06-2005, 09:19 PM
so you ARE schranz!
i KNEW IT!!

you are schranz too..you have tracks on compilations like Mega Schranz :lol:

(i was really suprised.. lots of "non-schranz" artists on it)

Will
20-06-2005, 01:36 AM

You can't criticise schranz and then come out with jokes like that! Maybe you should make some schranz 'with a twist', broaden the scope a bit.

davethedrummer
20-06-2005, 10:02 AM

You can't criticise schranz and then come out with jokes like that! Maybe you should make some schranz 'with a twist', broaden the scope a bit.

i'm getting more into schcrunz these days

BloodStar
20-06-2005, 11:03 AM

gunjack
20-06-2005, 02:29 PM
i'll schranz you

oldbugger
21-06-2005, 10:52 AM
i thought shranz was all bollox till i heard this quality release :cool:

http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/bigbooty002/a/

:shock: :lol:

jesus christ :nono:

rotten
25-06-2005, 10:35 AM
:shock:

rotten
25-06-2005, 10:46 AM
even in germany schranz is dead! and this is amusing! but still seems like some ppl like this kind of crap on this forum, ey?!

BUY THIS ONES!!!!!!!!

http://www.discogs.com/label/Schranz

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

TripleX
25-06-2005, 11:16 AM
:shock: :dontevengothere: :nono: :lol:

rotten
25-06-2005, 12:02 PM
why the cunt do you cover your location? not proud to be german? :lol: ;)

The Divide
25-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I think we should stop talking about this shit, really tho let’s stop drawing attention to it and focus on the better things that are going on. From an outsiders point of view all that you tend to see on this forum is discussion about the latest shranze release, how loopy certain artists, whos moved on and lost the edge are and who’s making the latest dj tool

Oh yea and for the record I am Schranze too...

Tracks Appear On:
Mega Schranz Volume 2 (2xCD) Satans Sidekick Globe Reco
Schranzwerk Vol. 10 (2xCD) Paranoid Inside ZYX Music

My primary sound has moved on from that now I think :lol: :lol:

Barely Human
25-06-2005, 01:34 PM
I think we should stop talking about this shit, really tho let’s stop drawing attention to it and focus on the better things that are going on. From an outsiders point of view all that you tend to see on this forum is discussion about the latest shranze release, how loopy certain artists, whos moved on and lost the edge are and who’s making the latest dj tool

Oh yea and for the record I am Schranze too...

Tracks Appear On:
Mega Schranz Volume 2 (2xCD) Satans Sidekick Globe Reco
Schranzwerk Vol. 10 (2xCD) Paranoid Inside ZYX Music

My primary sound has moved on from that now I think :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha, ****in quality :lol:

koma
25-06-2005, 01:40 PM
eh, didnt visit you're page until now.. fernando..
satans sidekick is a great track :clap:

TripleX
26-06-2005, 02:58 PM

i am not german :nono:

-> bavarian :lol:

rotten
26-06-2005, 07:15 PM
oh, yeah right! bavarian is an own country in the country :lol:
i'm saxony! :rambo:

jonnyspeed
05-08-2005, 08:17 PM
i love schranz, me.

conflict
05-08-2005, 08:19 PM
i think its pretty banging

wittekinds sets usually start off banging but after half hour or so its just gets silly fast

same with natus and amok from what i've heard

still play some awesome tunes tho

Traxx
05-08-2005, 08:21 PM
nooooooooooooooo

loopdon
05-08-2005, 08:23 PM
i love schranz, me.

and that's how it's written!!!

Internal Error Records
07-08-2005, 05:28 PM
its just a word. i hate it as a label for music.

on the plus side - - there is a very kind, polite, nice, old lady in my office whose last name is Schanz.

Im not kidding, she is a sweet heart. I'll ask her permission to start posting photos of her in BOA as the 'Future of Schranz" she is awsome.

The name will mutate from loop-doom-gabber into happy old lady images in no time.

The Overfiend
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Quite cunning Gilberto

DJPAUZE
08-08-2005, 02:25 AM

jonnyspeed
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM

you wanna listen to some proper techno
http://www.music-head.de/sounds/nph-sound.ram?labelcode=TW09&setno=1&trackno=4

i :love: proper techno

pedrod
08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
i'm getting more into schcrunz these days

.. bahah ... What you on about henry? youve been making it for years.. :doh:

DJAmok
09-08-2005, 11:43 PM

Vaterlandsstolz! Die Fahne hoch! Bei Odin und Wotan, im Gleischritt Marsch in den Krieg! Schnell Schnell!

Ahhhh yes, zere is nothing more better zan konfronting tschermans mit old schtereotypez and pinkel on zere vaterlandsstolz to make ze allgemeine mood go up :lol:

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Stereotypes?
In here?
Never!

http://www.what-means.com/encyclopedia/images/thumb/e/ea/180px-Bismarck_pickelhaube.jpg

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/Gallery/schneider10313072.jpg

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/Gallery/burkh10313072.gif

http://www.marions-kochbuch.com/recipe/0283.jpg

http://www.kembr.com/pix/ppl/bavarian_beer.jpg

:lol: :lol:

DJAmok
09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
And wat is mit zis SCRANZ muzik änywäys?? was is that for scheissen? far too schnell and not groovy at all, abzolutely brainlezz muzik for peple mit drugproblemen. it iz not modern und cool, it is agäinst fortschritt, it iz a step bäckwardz in time to ze times wenn hitting people on ze head mit axes, swordz und hammern was konsidered muzik. todäy one mußt make minimal sounds zat cen be interpretäd so zat zey repräsent oll zat is wrong mit ze wörld in ze bassline and oll zat is gut mit ze welt mit ze highhat, zat ticks like clockwerk thrugh ze äntire träck and repräsents time and ze struggle for stäying young by mäking stylish muzik. not zis abominable noize zat has polluted ze entire szene in ze läst yearz :evil:

DJAmok
10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.what-means.com/encyclopedia/images/thumb/e/ea/180px-Bismarck_pickelhaube.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I want one of those!! I still have some old Wehrmacht uniform from my German grandfather, but they are in poor condition :neutral:

kaoz
10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
muahhahahahahahaha ben you re crazy ...........

but i read proud..........i`m proud!

waldhaus
10-08-2005, 12:12 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I want one of those!!

me too! I need that one for my next live PA to represent my country in an appropriate way! :love:

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 12:16 AM
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/averroes/colegiojabalquinto/corrupcionmiami.jpg

so this is what i wear my next pa good?

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 12:16 AM
including the beretta

Jav
10-08-2005, 12:17 AM
nice hat..

ill take one of those mugs to go :cool:

Jav
10-08-2005, 12:18 AM

waldhaus
10-08-2005, 12:22 AM
@summerofsam: but then you have to drive on stage with that car, and place your gear on it ;)

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 12:26 AM
jav stop frontin, i got you on a 40 ounce primo

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
@summerofsam: but then you have to drive on stage with that car, and place your gear on it ;)

makes sense to me then. some car systems are better than some rigs

Jav
10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
jav stop frontin, i got you on a 40 ounce primo

aighttt :rambo:

dan the acid man
10-08-2005, 12:53 AM

you have to roll the jacket sleeves up though :twisted:

Internal Error Records
10-08-2005, 02:11 AM

Sure! But you better have the Tubbs lupa with you as part of the outfit.

[lupa - italian for sawed off shot gun- mafia style]

davethedrummer
10-08-2005, 02:30 AM
there was a young copper named crocket

davethedrummer
10-08-2005, 02:31 AM
who played with his dick through his pocket

dan the acid man
10-08-2005, 02:34 AM
he'd pull it all day, until it would spray, .............and i dont want to carry this on :pale:

Internal Error Records
10-08-2005, 02:37 AM
he would poke is thing in Tubbs rectal socket. . . .

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Oi! I know what lupa is Gil!
I'm half sicilian!

TripleX
10-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Vaterlandsstolz! Die Fahne hoch! Bei Odin und Wotan, im Gleischritt Marsch in den Krieg! Schnell Schnell!

Ahhhh yes, zere is nothing more better zan konfronting tschermans mit old schtereotypez and pinkel on zere vaterlandsstolz to make ze allgemeine mood go up :lol:

http://www.simonsays.com/assets/isbn/0743249453/C_0743249453.jpg

shut da fu*k up :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==