PDA

View Full Version : novation v station plug in

Jimfish
12-06-2003, 04:32 PM
mmm...
just got it and im loving it..

very solid sound, a proper workhorse for anyone making techno, trance or drum & bass..

for us techno cunts its particlarly good for deep, solid basses

daviec
17-06-2003, 06:56 PM
I was wondering when this would come out. Heard about it in Computer Music a while back. I'll need to keep my eye out for it. I could do with a new toy :)

kROKar
19-06-2003, 12:08 AM
have to admit, i had it on my computer some time now. It was kinda regular plug in. But lately I discovered it works perfect with 'random' function.
You get so amazing effekts and sounds out of it. Just pressing random and voila... sounds you only imagine, sometime it even randoms u a sequence that realy hits in the techno tune.

When 'Waldorf Attack' is top at random making parcussion, this is definetively the king of random generating when it comes to effekts. This is basicaly all u need. Some generated loops with this two plugins and a bassdrum and u have a tune :shock:

Jimfish
19-06-2003, 08:23 AM
nah, its more than a regular plug-in... its the sound of the thing that makes it stand out. It sounds massive and its piss easy to fit in a mix. Also its got that beautifull 'watery sound' great stuff

DJZeMig_L
19-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Another V synth that gets diced almost by every 1 is A1 (it Waldorf powered) and it's standard with SX.... I tell ya it's feckin wicked...

Have a proper look ... presets around resonable nothing exciting... :)

Z

miromiric.
19-06-2003, 08:58 PM
i just tweaked some knobs on it and i must say it`s one of the better synths i`ve heard.

how close is this to the hardware novation station`s?

DJZeMig_L
19-06-2003, 11:02 PM
I would say absolutly close.. even the presets r the same... supossably u can exchang' em with the real thing.

Z

Jimfish
20-06-2003, 11:14 AM
yeah, im an A1 fan too..
Tell you wot else i love is the Model E

miromiric.
20-06-2003, 11:26 AM
i heard roland made some softsynths too and i tried out demo of legendary mood modular.
obviously big hardware compaines recognized abilities of vst and now they re heading this way.

DJZeMig_L
20-06-2003, 11:37 AM
TC 1
Attack
Moog Modular UN****EN BELIEVABLE
Jungalizer...
vyrsynth terra :)

The usual absynth, fm7 , etc.. doesn't really get me goin'!!

Z

miromiric.
20-06-2003, 12:50 PM
what is TC1?

DJZeMig_L
20-06-2003, 01:36 PM
TC Mercury 1 -- :)

My bad,

Z

DJZeMig_L
20-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Roland with bring his V-synth into a errrr V(irtual) Synth...

Z

miromiric.
21-06-2003, 12:28 PM
ze migl check your PM please.

acidhead
22-06-2003, 03:06 PM
have u heard of vocaloid ??? the yamaha vocal synth - like a text to speach converter only it reads the midi note information and sings

if u havent heard it - go n search for it on the sound on sound website demo sounds page - blows me away each time

if anyone has got it - please could u tell me what online server u erm purchased it from :)

ta

and yes - the v-station sounds pretty spot on my supernova2 - tho with a few less bells n whistles n functions

DJZeMig_L
22-06-2003, 08:05 PM
V-Station is an emulation of the "new" K-Station not the supernova ... if anything it's similar to the "new" KS Rack...
Z

acidhead
22-06-2003, 09:18 PM
the k/vstation and supernova share very similar sound functions - the k/vstation has tri and sin wave - the supernova has the hardness function to turn the square and saw in to them , the main difference between the supernova and the vstation is the fm mode, formant/skew , vocoder , the multiple filter types and the mod matrix (if we are not on about the multitimeral functions)

the reason i said it cos i have the supernova2 here and was comparing em the other day , i dont have a kstation at hand to compare them - all i can say is that the vstation is very very impressive soundwise - in someways even better than the supernova

the ks4/5 on the other hand has a shitload of extra digital waveforms in the oscs like the virus/waldorf q etc so really can do sounds that the supernova/k/vstation couldnt even dream of so nerrr

:)

DJZeMig_L
22-06-2003, 09:28 PM
hey m8 no stress I just did the smal correction 'cause there is IMHO a big sound difference between supernova and the K Station, .. more over the fact the it only has LPF makes a word of difference.... Still I luv the K station and think that in general terms it is much more apealing that the SN... I've had both and now also the KS Rack...

I do agree that they all follow the same "sound shape" but 2 me the K Station has the most presence... I guess it's all a matter of taste..
anyways here's my 2 cents....

PS- didn't ment 2 create any flames ! :wink:

Z

acidhead
22-06-2003, 10:34 PM
no flames mate - i was just being a smart arse :D

thought u might of guessed that when i put the 'so nerrr' at the end

wouldnt mind a ks synth - may trade the xt in for it - not 100% sure on the xt u c - kinda ok - but nothing amazing - u wanna swap ;)

Barely Human
26-06-2003, 02:14 AM
Changing back to the original subject......

Ive just got a copy of this today and i can only say one thing about it..

AWESOME! :D

DJZeMig_L
26-06-2003, 03:43 PM
hey Acid..

Trade ... no way eheheh The Q range I kinds of dig but the XT not really.. sorry :wink:

but from Waldorf what I just luv is the PULSE :) :) :)

VIrus C is also very good!! :)

The prob with waldorf is that the presets r really weak... I mean Most of us don't really use presets but the r a nice base 2 start from also they can inspire u (or not).... Waldorf have presets more 4 trancy, some electroish and old electronica.. which isn't bad but just not really inspiring 4 techno/ house/ etc..

Z

acidhead
26-06-2003, 08:49 PM
i got the xt about 2 months ago - erm - wtf - i dont really rate it - wondered how it gets such amazing reviews on like harmony central and sonic state?? i dont get it - its dull boring digital sounding va wanna be -

anyone else got any offers for it ;)

DJZeMig_L
26-06-2003, 10:12 PM
It's because of it's synth power I had a microQ and the synth posibilities r quite extensive ... just not very inspiring ... but for some1 that wants 2 dig deep and has the patience it's a very good buy... expecially if it's the only thing u have 'cause that's a garantie U'll really work on it!!

Z

The Divide
29-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Malstorms my fav soft synth (reason 2), seriously. Although I havnt seen the novation soft synth yet. I have been told that spectrasonic's atmosphere is a good one too. I love absynth but it does require alot of patience, great for strange sounds and textures. FM7 sounds phat but seems a bit too standard/retro sounding. I like my synths to sound strange

278d7e64a374de26f==