PDA

View Full Version : Italian Techno

johngotti
12-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone please can someone tell me what's the best Italian techno?Who are the artists?And what are the bangin tunes?I've been looking for some stuff on hard Italian techno and have found nothing please help me out.Thankyou for you're time everyone.

Kind regards John

UngratefulNinja
12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
say what you will about him, Mauro Picotto has probably produced the most interesting techno out of the Italian corner.

Tracks like Baguette and Verdi (especially the megamind rmx) will always be awesome on a loud rig. New Time, New Place is a good example of some of his more recent stuff.

Definetly someone who takes a slightly different approach to the 'techno' sound.

conflict
12-06-2005, 02:20 PM
some other good ones

danilo vigorotto
mark antonio
marco carola
rino cerone (i think)

lau
12-06-2005, 02:25 PM
the right order should be:

first there was Marco Carola than we had Gaetano Parisio (Gaetek) than came Rino Cerrone.. after that Danilo Vigorito.. and now there is that mark antonio guy...

Carola is the man I think ( He definitly is when it comes to djing..).. but they all had really strong releases...

jon connor
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
mauro alpha

gigi montanini

some stuff on G>A>S always a few gems on there look for am truck remixes etc

also a label called COMMUTE some gems on there to see if you can pick up no 4 on a back cat its a blinder.

but as a whole techno has gone down in italy its a very pore scen there at the moment ,my italian freinds tell me its difficult over there ,every 1 is more into electro house these days over there or bangin hard style. shame because there some fine italian producers out there man, they always put a lot of thought into there music. ;)

johngotti
12-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who took time to answer my question.Thanks for you're time

kind regards John

MARKEG
12-06-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah the techno scene in italy is dire. such a shame with ppl like corola and gaetano really putting their hearts into making some of the best techno the world has to offer. remember acv? and sounds never seen? i think ( and it's purely my opinion) italian society is such a way that means it refuses to allow serious music to flourish. you really have to respect anyone who puls anything off in italy.

:clap: :clap:

Mindful
12-06-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah I likethe italian sound Rino Cerrones my fave out of those boys got loads of this stuff.Paristio is cool love the stuff on the Art label got most of the South soul stuff too.
Carrolas cool Got most of the Zennit stuff.Realy like Danilo Vigoritos sound some of its perty housey(which I quite like)and some of its good club gear.
Also nobodys mentiond Stanny Fransen(I think hes Italian :eh: )

KayDee
13-06-2005, 09:22 AM
yeah I likethe italian sound Rino Cerrones my fave out of those boys got loads of this stuff.Paristio is cool love the stuff on the Art label got most of the South soul stuff too.
Carrolas cool Got most of the Zennit stuff.Realy like Danilo Vigoritos sound some of its perty housey(which I quite like)and some of its good club gear.
Also nobodys mentiond Stanny Fransen(I think hes Italian :eh: )

Thought Stanny Franssen is Belgian.

davethedrummer
13-06-2005, 04:31 PM
stanny franssen is belgium , but funnily enough i met him a couple of weekends ago in sardinia ( italy)
we were both playing at different parties and he got all the people.
all 100 of them.
we found out later that the guys organising his party are free party organisers who have a regular crew , where as the promoter for my party was more independant than that.

so anyway the locals played all the latest cheesy schranz bootlegs
( the blur one anyone???)
and lot's of old hard techno hits
and they hated stannys set ( why oh why did they book him then ???)
he didn't seem to mind , and we had a chat about the scene in italy and both agreed it was not so great these days and that we weren't into this schranz bootleg thing.

i don't know whats going on in naples now because that always used to be the exception to the rule for techno.
carola , vigorito , cerrone , geatano are all from naples and it often is described as its own country seperate from the rest of italy.
i've played there twice and i had a great time
they're up for it probably the most out of all of italy as far as i can tell.

there's a big hardtek scene in rome
it's ok , the people are nice , but the crowd don't get into anything below 165 bpm much
which kind of rules me out.
but i played with crystal distortion in rome not long ago and that was great to see.

koma
13-06-2005, 06:45 PM
i think viper did that blur - song 2 rework..

more than few great techno producers are coming from italy..
but picotto.. thanx but no thanx..

what about randy aka steve land? he's into both techno and hardcore, if i'm not wrong, he released on planet rhythm, among others..

and yeah, hardcore's still pretty wild in italy.. its mostly newstyle, but they also got some of the best speedcore acts, like komprex..

tocsin
14-06-2005, 04:16 AM
As much as I don't like the slower hardcore, and find the term "darkcore" to be more marketting hype than anything else, Armageddon Project is from Italy and has done some ****ing awesome hardcore techno tracks at a slow BPM.

gumpy green
14-06-2005, 11:09 AM
i think viper did that blur - song 2 rework..

..think he prob did....he was over in edinburgh droppin all sort of shite like that, so im told.

supposidly did the shranz slippy one too.....and no doubt lots of others..

jon connor
14-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who took time to answer my question.Thanks for you're time

kind regards John

cheers dude thought id mention some others more harder ,also mate on the gaetano pariso he has another recording name of gaeteck these were my preffered mixes a few years ago also amazing electronic stuff have look at some back cat of this, recomended ZINC mixes and remixes with the likes of mohonlink and yohan bacto. a fare few there juno should have a few . good luck man.

killarava2day
15-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Big ups to Marco Zaffarano.

He's Italian I think ?

jon connor
15-06-2005, 09:48 AM
yea zanfranco he`s a dude some nice stuff on bxr ,media underground group etc but unforunatly even a techno label as big as that has also gone down in italy bloody shame man was some jems on them label`s.

some kick ass stuff tho coming from a guy called THOMAS T his label minimilistix check this out jongotti .

other labels to look for ALGORITMIC/ MEGAHERTZ /

if i think of more i will post . ;)

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 10:13 AM
say what you will about him, Mauro Picotto has probably produced the most interesting techno out of the Italian corner.

Tracks like Baguette and Verdi (especially the megamind rmx) will always be awesome on a loud rig. New Time, New Place is a good example of some of his more recent stuff.

Definetly someone who takes a slightly different approach to the 'techno' sound.

that whole post made me laugh... hard

jon connor
15-06-2005, 12:00 PM
you plonka mauro piccoto is a genius, i dont give a toss wot any of you say his production quality is awsome , ok a fare few cheesy numbers came out so wot ? it made him some nice cash to get on with techno projects and thats exactly wot he has done fair dooze to the guy. he`s made some bombs man. :rambo: respect mauro :clap:

TechMouse
15-06-2005, 12:08 PM
you plonka mauro piccoto is a genius, i dont give a toss wot any of you say his production quality is awsome , ok a fare few cheesy numbers came out so wot ? it made him some nice cash to get on with techno projects and thats exactly wot he has done fair dooze to the guy. he`s made some bombs man. :rambo: respect mauro :clap:

Agreed. Mauro has knocked out some quality stuff.

jon connor
15-06-2005, 02:44 PM
nice tech mouse agreed fairdoos :clap: the thing i like about mauro is he can make a track not necessarly all of them but some gems that stand out i find they are simple and effective ,they always have great power to in the production , probably the italian thing going on i mean look at there food , simple but effective with delicious flavers, to many ingreedients spoil the broth and the flavour of wot dish you are trying to serve. :study: its the same with there techno i like this formula , mabey others dont but who cares you like wot you like thats all that matters as an individual artist.

orac
15-06-2005, 03:01 PM
picotto is a bussinesman, he did a lot of commercial stuff, earn big money and started to producing serious tracks on alchemy. he made (apart from cheesy crap) some great tunes: baguette, awesome, bangkok, charm, hong kong, we are back - this tracks are easy to memorize, because they are unique in some way.
but i don't like in picotto, that he's untrusty (sorry i am lazy, don't know right word in english), because of the money. he didn't appear in few events in poland and his manager don't even tell us the reason why. this is pathetic, because he got money earlier by bank transfer.

all in all i think he's a good producer.

also somebody mention about marco zaffarano, i think that "dazed & confused" vinyl on pro-active earn him a a little fame. i like this ep a lot. but also he did a great tracks on anima label.

TechMouse
15-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't know what he's like DJ-wise, never seen him.

All I know is he makes *some* killer tracks.

278d7e64a374de26f==