PDA

View Full Version : Jasbof/Blushing Melons - Jamie Bissmire - L'pool - TONIGHT!!

djfurness
12-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Yes Yes.....With The Juan Atkins Voodoo Now Postponed....
What Better Alternative Could There Be?!

Jasbof Presents Blushing Melons

Saturday 9th July * 8pm - 2am (Maybe Later :lol: )

@ Hevn n Hell, Fleet St, Liverpool City Centre

Room One - Blushing Melons - Techno & Beyond

Jamie Bissmire (Space Djz,Bass Heavy,50 Hz)

Bill Heckle (Alcatraz)

Furness & Venom (Jasbof, Cranked, Futureshock)

Dj Rail (Magical Mystery Tour)

Sy Walker (Jasbof - Orell Parks Finest)

Room Two - Jasbof - Drum n Bass Rinseout

B-52 & Sublow (Hysteria)

Satis & Sirch (Havaganda)

Frisk & Ds (Old Skool Jungle Set - Rushing Beats)

Hard Drive (Jasbof)

Mcs - Fury (Diversity) & Mercury (Havaganda)

£6 Before 10.30/£7 After

Bargain Im Sure You'll Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Could Be The Start Of Something....Show Your Support!

djfurness
12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
From one of the UK’s leading DJs, producers and exponents of techno music Jamie Bissmire has pretty much done it all and got the T-shirt.
As one third of Bandulu he has inspired a plethora of international artistes to take up the production baton and live audiences to lose their collective marbles on the dancefloor.
As one half of the Space DJz alongside Potential Recordingz Ben Long he has cut, scratched, fazed and faded his way across the world’s premier nightspots and with his Foundation and Ground labels has continued to prove himself at the cutting edge of loose-limbed techno minimalism. There are plenty who claim to have achieved half the things Bissmire has since he first unleashed Bandulu and The Thunderground in 1991 with John O’Connell and Lucien Thompson. Yet Bissmire just gets on with it. Neither seeking acclaim nor award in his constant quest to push himself both as a producer and DJ. Whilst all too often we are quick to hail those from distant shores as ‘innovators’ and afford them legendary status, we similarly often overlook the very same from under our noses.

Growing up through hip hop and electro in the 80s in Hornsey, North London Bissmire felt that, “it was the first music that we could really say was our own. Electronic music for our generation”.
Inspired to make ventures into making music, Bissmire and his soon to be Bandulu bandmates started making tracks in a make shift studio cum garage. Working as a carpet fitter during the week and in the studio at weekends, Bissmire had little idea at that music and DJing would become his full-time careers and indeed not many foresaw them to be much more than a hobby at the time - it was a far cry from the trans-global jet-setting DJ / club scene of today. Creation’s Alan McGee and Chris Abbott saw enough potential in the three upstarts to form Infonet records for their output and the label witnessed a host of releases from their production powerhouse under all manners of pseudonyms: ‘Escobar’, ‘Thunderground’, ‘Shyman’, ‘Sons of the Subway’ etc but most notably Bandulu.

Bandulu really caught the world’s attention on their debut album, ‘Guidance’ (Infonet, 1992). Mixing dub reggae sound ethics into Detroit techno and electro the album gave UK techno a voice (in the shape of John O’Connell) and a richness of sound and style that helped to define the UK electronic music scene as a separate entity to America and Europe. Nothing quite sounded like it and live nothing looked like it. Via front man Lucien Thompson, Bandulu engaged the crowd and created a vibe that embraced the dancefloor euphoria surrounding them. So legendary were their shows that it wasn’t long before the trio (with Jamie at the controls) were gracing the stages of Glastonbury and the Festival circuit with equal aplomb as they already had in the clubs.

As the band grafted their way around the world’s stages their second album ‘Antimatters’ (Infonet) was released in 1994, unleashing the band’s massive club hit ‘Presence’. Cementing their already ballooning reputation, the group are now widely credited as pioneers of the combination of dub and techno influences and, along with Basic Channel, they helped set up the blueprint for a sound that is still echoed to this date. Two more studio albums followed. ‘Cornerstone’ (Blanco Y Negro) in 1996 and ‘Redemption’ (Music Man) in 2002 and a host of singles, their own Foundation label and remix work – whilst all the while Bandulu trod the boards live.

Since the later end of the 1990’s Bissmire has mainly focused on his Ground label and DJing career alongside deck partner, Ben Long. As Space DJz, the pair would often warm up for Bandulu and the pair pioneered the DJ duo assault of playing on four decks and two mixers – scratching and cutting up untold amounts of vinyl across the planet. With the pairs every growing DJ reputation their recording partnership soon witnessed 12” releases on Potential, Infonet, Novamute, Ongaku, Reload, Tortured and an album, ‘On Patrol’ for Soma in 1999. The Space DJz remain ‘on patrol’ to this day.

Towards the middle of the 1990’s Bissmire began to experiment with new sounds and ideas that were to finally emerge on his own conceptual imprint, Ground. “Off kilter, mad key sequences on strange looped timings” is how Jamie Bissmire describes the sound of his imprint. With artwork and run out groove scripture based on ancient English heritage and Anglo-Saxon ritualism, Bissmire hints at a deeper concept to the backbone of his label that runs along the ley lines of his country’s ancestry. “The thing I love about England the most are it’s eccentricities and the people who live here,” he observes. “I just wanted to show part of that with my label. I didn’t want to be part of this homogenised techno family. I wanted to have a whole philosophy behind the label and that is that it’s based on; the universal patterns of growth and form.”

From the humble beginnings of ‘Ground Zero’, the label is now some 12 releases strong, primarily by Jamie himself and with appearances so far from Chris McCormack and Claude Young. Finally to bring us totally up to date, Jamie Bissmire is now set to launch his new label 50 Hz which will feature new and established artists as Chris Liebling, dj Bam Bam, Space Djz, Beyer and Jamie himself spearheads the vinyl onslaught with a series of classic Bandulu tracks remixed and re-shaped for the nu style. On vinyl, on the decks or on patrol. Whatever it takes, Jamie Bissmire’s on a musical mission and we’re just trying to keep up.

poisoned antidote
13-06-2005, 06:06 PM
http://www.splask.co.uk/jasbof/blushing%20melons%20front%20copy.jpg
http://www.splask.co.uk/jasbof/blushing%20melons%20reverse.jpg

alsynthe
13-06-2005, 06:31 PM
loving that flyer!!!!

Frank Dogshit
13-06-2005, 06:31 PM
good work richard!

top booking.

djfurness
13-06-2005, 07:55 PM
not my work that booking i have to admit.....mr huze's good work.....
we've all got our little roles though.... :lol:
take it u'll be down then danno

eyes without a face
13-06-2005, 10:08 PM
il show my ugly mug

:twisted:

djfurness
13-06-2005, 11:24 PM
only if you wear a balaclava! :lol:

poisoned antidote
14-06-2005, 02:32 PM
or a brown paper bag will be suitible.

djfurness
14-06-2005, 09:43 PM
come 'man with the stick' stylee

http://www.ff.e-mansion.com/~phobos/BigNight/ManStick5-4.jpg

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 10:01 PM
well i was planning on just my usual attire, i didnt realise it was an "army and navy stores surplus special"

haha man with the stick... hilarious...

speaking of Vic and Bob, was watching Catterick last night, sorely disapointed..

djfurness
14-06-2005, 11:08 PM
thought it had a good twist at the end.....your first episode?
cos that was the last one.....series on a whole was excellent....weird as ****!

Traxx
14-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Very, very funny the episodes that i seen. Missed last nights :doh:

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 11:49 PM
no ive seen them as its been aired but ive not been able to watch a whole show of it, unfortunately they've lost alot of their appeal, for my personally anyway, as when i first saw "The Smell Of..." and "Vic's Big Night Out"

"Shooting Stars" was absolutely painful to watch the last few series

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 08:30 PM
bissmire is f**kin lethal..

had 'im in belshaft & he was deadly.. the turnout was dire though..

i still owe jamie money :cry:

poisoned antidote
20-06-2005, 11:23 PM
bissmire is f**kin lethal..

cant wait...been wantin to see him for a while now! :twisted:

alsynthe
27-06-2005, 03:43 PM
not long to go know!! lookin 4ward to this one!!!

djfurness
02-07-2005, 02:49 PM
week today :twisted:

djfurness
05-07-2005, 09:08 PM
full details of our special 3 room extravaganza in September will be announced within the next week...
its a hot one! :lol:

djfurness
08-07-2005, 04:43 PM
tomorrow people!
you really dont wanna miss this!

Mindful
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
realy cool flyer(

djfurness
11-07-2005, 03:18 PM
what can I say except WOW.....Jamie was on blistering form Saturday night.....SKILLZ!

Traxx
11-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Stupidly good, best set ive heard of his for ages. Some of the tunes he was knocking out in the last hour took the piss. Funky boomin ghetto pimp techno at its best :clap:

He can scratch like a cunt as well :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==