PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Smart - (FAT collective) - dicky mint UPDATED

fatcollective
13-06-2005, 10:10 AM
A new track fot you all to check. Not posted for ages so hope you enjoy.

Wondering about the level of the synth. Is it loud enough?

This is the 192kbps version, so i hope this improves your listening experience. And I'll try not to be so docile again :roll:

www.fatcollective.com/audio/jonnysmart/dickymintboa.mp3

eyes without a face
13-06-2005, 10:27 AM
hmm not bad, sounds very ala early Prime tho to me.... the riff is a little low and could do with some more eq as i thought it sounded a bit muddy... the overal mix could do with a bit of brightening up too an i thought the kick was too middy, had to much of a "pop" to it...

not bad tho

fatcollective
13-06-2005, 03:10 PM
cool thanks for ya time appreciate the thoughts.

Did think the synth could come out a bit more. As for the overall mix its not a final record so should be able to perk it up ;)

audioinjection
13-06-2005, 04:53 PM
yeah, this track sounds cool, but that mix isn't working out too well.......i'd like to hear it when its finished, good stuff though :rambo:

fresh_an_funky_design
13-06-2005, 11:18 PM
good tune, although i'd say it needs pitching down as in places it sounds a bit hectic. i think if it wa slower all the clanking percussion would wicked. I think the synth needs to be really dominant so that it grabs you, an maybe hear a bit more of it. The recording needs a bit of work. But overall i think this tune has got a lot of potential, parts of it are wicked. Bit of work and its gonns be wicked!

A.P.
14-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I think it sounds great apart from the final mix mate :cool:

orac
14-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I think it sounds great apart from the final mix mate :cool:

i think the same. mix is a little flat, should be more hmm banging and someone mention about "brightening". also maybe change the kick if you want to. anyway, really this track is really nice :clap:

fatcollective
14-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanx for your time and thought folks, its been very helpful. Did drop a bit of a bollock, its only a 64kbp file :oops: so quality will be poor. However I have re recorded (after listening to your points) and will repost asap at a proper bitrate. ;)

Cheers

Jonny S

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 11:43 PM
theres no point whatsoever in posting files of that quality mate if u expect honest, good feedback.... asking people to judge a file of 64kbp quality and expecting them to be able to judge it correctly is like asking someone whose watching a black and white tv "what colour is that mans shirt?"

;)

BRADLEE
15-06-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm downloading it now, but if the MP3 sounds like shit, there will be no justice done for your tune. Please try and post a higher bit rate if possible. Because many people will confuse the MP3 quality for a mixdown issue.

BRADLEE
15-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Dispite the MP3 quality I can tell that this is a hot tune. I like it quite well amigo. :clap: Don't know how the mix is, but if you think it's ready in that respect I say send it out. Sounds good to me for sure.

nova
15-06-2005, 09:29 AM
wicked tune :rambo:

Mindful
15-06-2005, 12:52 PM
The mixdown is rubbish :lol: onley kidding.

Nice track like the synths.

fatcollective
15-06-2005, 06:46 PM
theres no point whatsoever in posting files of that quality mate if u expect honest, good feedback.... asking people to judge a file of 64kbp quality and expecting them to be able to judge it correctly is like asking someone whose watching a black and white tv "what colour is that mans shirt?"

;)

Yes genuine mistake. I feel duly chastised and will post proper quality MP3 (192) I really should take more care when saving files :doh:

dirty_bass
15-06-2005, 10:52 PM
MP3 is pooh, but it`s a nice tune.
Although I agree with Eyes, in that it sounds similar to the primate sound, ALA danilo vigorito et al circa 2001

fatcollective
16-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Nice 1 people :lol:
Thanks again for your time

278d7e64a374de26f==