PDA

View Full Version : Track made with Pete's loops

eyes without a face
13-06-2005, 02:19 PM
hey people just thought id post up a track ive been doing out of the wonderful loops Pete's been posting up

hard, slamming track here

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Pete_Donaldson.mp3

hope u enjoy Pete

slavestudios
13-06-2005, 04:23 PM
:clap:

brilliant... good work fella... EXACTLY what these loopz are for :twisted:

cheers scott

eyes without a face
13-06-2005, 04:35 PM
no problems dude, glad u like it, im quite enjoying it i must say....

fantastic loops mate seriously, i think i used about 5 or 6 out of the 80 uve done so il definately work with a few more when ive finished this off this week sometime...

:twisted:

Frank Dogshit
13-06-2005, 10:40 PM
top tune that i must say,the production on that is niceeee.

keep on bangin them out son!

eyes without a face
13-06-2005, 10:55 PM
cheers Frank :twisted:

loopdon
13-06-2005, 11:13 PM
i will have a listen tomorrow fo sho! i :love: them loops. superb quality! i might feel tempted to have a go as well :twisted:

slavestudios
13-06-2005, 11:43 PM
i will have a listen tomorrow fo sho! i :love: them loops. superb quality! i might feel tempted to have a go as well :twisted:

please do loopdon.. i'd love to hear some of your huge arsenal of vst's put into combat with my loops :twisted:

BRADLEE
14-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I'll have to peep this out tomorrow for sure. Pete, you make soem well nice loops. I would like to use them in Ableton for a multiple Locked groove sort of set I'm working on too. I'll lace you with my loops as well once I have a set finished. You have inspired me to do so.

The Overfiend
14-06-2005, 06:09 AM
I'll have to peep this out tomorrow for sure. Pete, you make soem well nice loops. I would like to use them in Ableton for a multiple Locked groove sort of set I'm working on too. I'll lace you with my loops as well once I have a set finished. You have inspired me to do so.
mother trucker ableton eh :cry:

Mirsha
14-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I was playing with Pete's loops as well on Friday. But this is what I did.

http://www.atkt71.dsl.pipex.com/PDLoop.gif
Each channel had an EQ Three on it, the send returns had auto filters on them. I just jammed five loops together at once in a mega mashup and ended up playing with it for a few hours. Only shitty thing was without a MIDI controller there is no way to have analogue conrtol over stuff to a satisfactory degree, as binding keys to stuff just switches them from one extreme of the dial to the other so I could only use it to kill the freqs suddenly.

Was still a good laugh though, some of the loops dont' go well together and the beats are a bit off and I couldn't be bothered checking every loop and fixing it either, most of them work fine.

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 01:16 PM
bloody 'ell mirsha... way to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

thats why i made 'em :cool:

and yep, there are a few cheeky quantizations in there lol

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 04:18 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

good man :twisted:

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 08:35 PM
sorry but i find the whole "just lump them into Ableton" approach very lazy indeed.... fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live but i think to make a good track out of them u need to sit down and work out which go together well and not to load every single loop up, i used about 5 in that track and it has alot of effect, still leaving me with around 75 loops to play with!

just my opinion of course

The Overfiend
14-06-2005, 10:16 PM
sorry but i find the whole "just lump them into Ableton" approach very lazy indeed.... fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live but i think to make a good track out of them u need to sit down and work out which go together well and not to load every single loop up, i used about 5 in that track and it has alot of effect, still leaving me with around 75 loops to play with!

just my opinion of course

And as we all know your opinion is law
meanwhile
lot of people are using able ton to produce as well these days, not to mention some would call fruity lazy too.

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 10:33 PM
my opinion isnt law mate no, but u may think that if u want ;)

of course people are using Ableton... and yeah of course Fruity is lazy, all sequenced electronic music is lazy up to a degree... but all i seem to find from people who use Ableton is "ohh i was doing this, i was doing that"... yeah sweet... but where's the track? where's the finished product?

the proof is in the pudding [/b]

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I couldn't be bothered checking every loop and fixing it either

that says it all for me really! :roll:

The Overfiend
14-06-2005, 10:34 PM
exactly and the pudding hasnt been posted in time enough to be called lazy has it when you have not heard the end result no?
bottom line is why knock another mans effort. philip glass can call all of us lazy and composer can classify us as lazy

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 10:35 PM
read the post, i didnt knock another mans effort... as u said, the effort isnt there to knock

xfive
14-06-2005, 10:46 PM
I think all he said he was doing was having a quick romp in Ableton with the loops just for fun.... I really don't see how that's lazy.... I did the same thing with the same loops the other day... and it was fun..
Do I intend on making a track with them? No. Based on his post it doesn't seem he is going to either...

Geez you guys :roll: :lol:

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 10:58 PM
gods sake boys, ur missing my point....

i did actually say in my post fair enough if ur just messing about and playing some loops live... so whats the problem?

my point was that im just a bit fed up of people who say "yeah i did this in ableton with the loops etc"... no offence, but so what!? i was under the misconception that this was the "techno production filez" section and not the "techno production software in use snapshot" section...

we all know what ableton looks like and works, if someones doing the tracks then i wanna hear them and not see the screenshot for it! and as Tony said, yeah the tracks not up to listen to, but the way i see it, if someone goes thru the effort to post up their methods with illustration and explanation, then why dont they put up any end product?

its baffling... its like a friend at school going "yeah ive got a new games console i cant wait for u to see it" then never inviting you round to play on it...

xfive
14-06-2005, 11:10 PM
my point was that im just a bit fed up of people who say "yeah i did this in ableton with the loops etc"... no offence, but so what!? i was under the misconception that this was the "techno production filez" section and not the "techno production software in use snapshot" section...

I haven't seen anyone do that besides the one post in this thread.

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 11:35 PM
guys guys guys lol

lets not get caught up with the shenannigans lol

mirsha has used them in a jamming/live sense & scott has used them in a production sense..

all is good :lol:

the way i see Live... its a repacement for multiple turntables or modules. insted of havin 3 dex, some fx boxes on a send from a big dj mixer & a groovebox & cd deck, u have a contained unit.

i'm really a huge fan of what Live has done for music. it does exactly what it says on the box... L I V E :lol:

scott, lol, dont be so hard on the Ableton peeps. theres nowt wrong with bangin some loops in & jammin for a few hours with a big grin ;)

though i know what youre saying.. seems the world has gone Live..

but, 'you can't stop progress' :lol:

eyes without a face
14-06-2005, 11:38 PM
as ive explained in msn mate, its not something thats limited to this board... i should of explained that my apologies...

im just a bit fed up people coming across with the "look what ive got" attitude instead of the "look what ive done" attitude

tis all gravy tho, horses for courses! :rambo:

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 11:59 PM
tis indeed gravy scott ;)

you are right though. you've linked your track. and i am well impressed with what you've done with me loopz. put to fine use if i do say so muself..

its time for some live jams to be made available imo :lol:

Mindful
15-06-2005, 01:28 PM
:lol: WTF

So the tune then.......

good production and nice groove sounds pretty tribaly and danceble.

Mirsha
15-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I couldn't be bothered recording any of the mixes I did out the back end of those loops, it's just too ****ing hard to keep them all happy together without any fine degree of EQ control over them (not to mention the fact trying to keep a firm idea of what EQ is set to what when there are four EQ's you can't see). Some off the beats are offset slightly in the loops which produces a frumpy sound and the level of some of them are a bit different which makes tweaking sometimes neccesary which is a pisser to do without a preview option.

In the end I didn't see any real point in posting up a resulting jam, I wasn't playing about with them to do anything serious, I was playing about with them because I could. Because I asked myself what would happen if I did that, what if I did this and this and so on. With Ableton I've not played about with using it as a live tool at all really, it's all either been Rewired through Reason to tweak tracks a bit or just taking whole wav's of mp3s for mixing up as I'm pish on vinyl and sometimes you do want to just yank out a decent mix for once.

And as for the "It's the techno filez forum" comment. Yeah it is. Look at Pete's first post, there are some files. There rest of the thread is discussion about them.

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 04:28 PM
:roll:

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 08:37 PM
no no no... ppl, wheres the love eh ;)

anyways, mirsha, i know you aint doing it for nowt other than some sport, but.. ahmm.. see if ya have a wee jam again, would u try & record & just link me to it ? or i'll even link ya to web space...

man, i'm busting to hear what ya done with them.. jus buzzes me with the idea of someone else doing s**t i never even thought of with me own muck lol

seriously though, i'd really dig it if ya could sort me with even just an ickle section... i wanna hear what other people shoot with my ammo lol

oh, and after seein that screenshot, ive got LIVE on a torrent..

good work fella ;)

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Scott I hate to pull your card but it seems like you are standing on a pedalstal preaching on this one.
Regardless of whether you would like to admit it or not you are preaching to the choir. Let him do his thing why hate?
Really wouldnt want to consider you a hater b.

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:16 PM
u take things far too seriously and deeply at times mate, preaching to the choir?

im giving my opinion on a piece of software, and more central the type of user this software seems to have bred

geez

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:17 PM
how can u figure that i have an emotion as strong as hate for someone judging by those posts?

dont try and read into something thats not there mate, please..

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:22 PM
hater - figure of speech
i dont read too far into anything posted like that its obvious in the open man

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:27 PM
whats obvious then? i dont hate the software, i quite like it when used correctly infact, but as already explained, i find most people who use ableton for whatever purpose be it production, live etc are always those who tend to be "oh i did this, i was playing blinding doing this"... but never show what they've done, even if it is only for fun, well even better! get it up, let us hear, if u can b bothered posting up a screenshot and description surely its no trouble to record what youve done?

as i said, ur reading something thats not there... its not thing personal, i dont even know Mirsha to say hi to on msn or the like so how could it be...

even pete agreed, if someones doing something instead of just telling us about it, show us!

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:30 PM
i quite like it when used correctly infact,

So only when you use it it's the correct way
thats so objective

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Probably mad cause someone posted an idea in your thread and got all butt hurt that in your eyes someones trying to steal your sunshine.

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:34 PM
i quite like it when used correctly infact,

So only when you use it it's the correct way
thats so objective

again mate your jumping the gun, the comment says "when used correctly".. it didnt mention my usage of the program, ive never said i owned it or use it

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:34 PM
so then how would you know the right or "wrong" way to use what you dont have experience with.
I rest my case

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Probably mad cause someone posted an idea in your thread and got all butt hurt that in your eyes someones trying to steal your sunshine.

:?:

highly confusing, im starting to think u just want to argue this one out...

put ur dummy back in mate geez

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:37 PM
How is jamming with live wrong?
My dummy, You calling me stupid?

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:38 PM
so then how would you know the right or "wrong" way to use what you dont have experience with.
I rest my case

ur case? ur not a lawyer dude.. if u were ud be a terrible one...

the debate wasnt about the correct usage, the correct usage of a piece of software is a personal opinion, ive never said "this is the right way, or thats the right way" ive merely gave my views on it from the experience ive had with it, i used it very briefly, but have seen it IN use on many occasions

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:39 PM
you miss the point totally each time mate... i never said jamming with live was wrong, i just said that it was off my opinion that if your going to do some jamming with someones else stuff, then u should really record it at least and put it up

im not calling u stupid no, im saying stop acting like a baby

xfive
15-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Hold on let me get my popcorn and some beer

:lol:

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:41 PM
everyone else can see the point im making chris, u said urself last night u could, its not my fault not everyone can

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:42 PM
If I was a lawyer stating my case I would invite the jury to read the transcription (evidence), scrolling backwards up unto this posts and show you tapdancing around your own point.
I am zeroing in on what you said.
Ableton used right, implying playing with loops is wrong. (heh)

As far as law dude, I am in study for Contractual Law man.
So my eye for detail (bullshit) is keen.

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 09:47 PM

ME TOO :lol: :lol: :lol:

right, phone that Kofee Ananan or whatever he's called.. get the UN Peace Keepers in lol

xfive
15-06-2005, 09:49 PM

ME TOO :lol: :lol: :lol:

right, phone that Kofee Ananan or whatever he's called.. get the UN Peace Keepers in lol

hahahaha

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:50 PM
with each post u simply reiterate my taking things too seriously comment...

ive explained the meaning of my post so many times and u still cant pick up on it

its almost laughable now mate honestly, stop trying to pick a personal beef for christs sake, im the first to admit im quite the idiot at times, but i do it on purpose and people know im not serious, but you make urself look worse so dude at times by simply taking things FARRRRR too out of context... this is a message board, messages get posted, u wont always agree so just let it go, why does it matter to u so much what i think of Ableton? do u have shares in them or something?

really man...

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 09:55 PM
SOS, dude... scott wasnt popping at LIVE users..

i see where he's comin from, and i get what way you took his comments, but i dont think he's blazing on anyone who uses LIVE

this has been taken waaay outta context methinks :neutral:

lets back off & go make a loop ;)

SOS, relax man lol

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/images/Mike_tyson_yoda_icheehuahua.jpg

xfive
15-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Just cool it a bit guys.. we see both points...

Mirsha was jamming on his loops and should post a snip.
Scott is tired of hearing about weak usage of Ableton.

It's all gravy... even though I still consider jamming on Ableton and spending hours linearly producing a track are completely different.... that's ok.

A snip would clarify things...

But this isn't the place where usage needs to be discussed.

:)

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 09:59 PM
im cool... im guessing Tony's had a bad day or something because everyone else seems to get what i was on about, and i didnt even offend the people who use LIVE so....

:)

The Overfiend
15-06-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/history/images/us_nes/myscans/Mike_Tyson's_Punch_Out!!_cart.jpg

yeah its all good
still the best game in gaming history

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 10:03 PM
it seems strange to go from such fierce debate to such agreement, but that is a game and a half :rambo:

audioinjection
15-06-2005, 10:19 PM
punch out!!!

that game is the shit!! its all about glass joe and don flamenco! :rambo:

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 10:20 PM
http://josiah.webmunkee.com/Peace.jpg

eyes without a face
15-06-2005, 10:21 PM
hahaha

Glass Joe haha superb im gonna have to look for this baby on emu now

audioinjection
15-06-2005, 10:23 PM
i have it on mame rom hehe

lau
15-06-2005, 11:51 PM
MAN!!!! :shock:

I just threw away all those loops...!!

Thats some bad karma.. :neutral:

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 11:56 PM
MAN!!!! :shock:

I just threw away all those loops...!!

Thats some bad karma.. :neutral:

:eh:

The Divide
16-06-2005, 01:04 AM
loops are sooooooo 1990's :lol:

slavestudios
16-06-2005, 01:35 AM

The Overfiend
16-06-2005, 03:26 AM

BloodStar
16-06-2005, 08:30 AM
ok,,i will put some words as reply to Steve's track.. hope i'll not waste a place in this important discussion on correct using of Ableton Live :shock: ...

ok,. i don't know, i'm not too much into it,. i like your tracks, Steve,,but not this one,.don't know.. noone mention hihats are playing,too loud,., maybe only to me,.,LOL.. anyway there's something cool happening in the track, but it doesn't work to me,. i like almost all of your latest tunes,,but not this one... and i also think production part of thing could be done little bit more preciselly..., cheers..

eyes without a face
16-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Steve? :roll:

BloodStar
16-06-2005, 01:15 PM
sorry, :oops: Scott,.

eyes without a face
16-06-2005, 01:16 PM
haha

cheers, input appreciated! ;)

dirty_bass
16-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Man I miss this place.
Tony, you rule. I have been laughing at your posts for ages now.
You really are back on form.
Punch Out!!!!!

Best post ever!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==