PDA

View Full Version : Woody Mcbride

anx
13-06-2003, 05:02 PM
what do u guys think of him? personally find alot of his stuff to be very well produced, really different and innovative, but his tracks are also either a hit or a miss, like the remix he did for hydraulix 9...it goes absolutly nowhere and doesnt sound anything like the origional at all.

but stuff like basketball heroes 2 and Huge on bush are awesome

DJZeMig_L
13-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Lots of old unvaluable classics!! Major Respect...

Like u said this man is always going forward.. so a bit hit n miss...
I play loads his latest Rel. on Missile ... it as a tinny bit of cheese, but not 2 much.... I just luv the bass on this!! :)

Z

DJZeMig_L
13-06-2003, 05:31 PM
I must say in his defense I'm not easily excited by the 303 sound which WM is an absolute master.. so that's also why I don't get/ spin a lot of his stuff!

Z

miasma man
13-06-2003, 06:51 PM
I really like most of Woody McBride's stuff, some of it can be a bit cheesy but top knotch production, good DJ glue.

Basketball hereos - what a tune, original that is and some of the old Communique - does anybody know what happened to communique? Haven't seen anything in ages.

Been buying some of the new bush releases, nice fat sub-basses that kick arse I reckon.

What happened to Head in the Clouds - was that the experimental label?

Anybody seen him DJ ? If so any good?

Esox Lucius
13-06-2003, 07:52 PM
I think he`s a very talented producer, not really my style though.

ampassasinbirmingham
13-06-2003, 08:03 PM
id agree with u anx. Im not massive on him but huge and basketball heros r awsome tunes.

Millsy dropped huge as his first tune at atomic jam.That made me feel so warm inside.

Dustin Zahn
13-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Anybody seen him DJ ? If so any good?

Seem him loads of times...no comment.

anx
13-06-2003, 11:06 PM
he played here and was quite minimal actually

Sunil
14-06-2003, 12:39 AM
I've only gone for a small amount of his recent stuff, he makes some wicked tunes alright but it really depends what labels he's appearing on. As I mentioned in an earlier post the one on Kobayashi is very nice, really rich grooving techno, Missile one isn't bad either, he did a pretty good track on Framework not too long ago as well. Most of that Communique and Head in the Clouds stuff was brilliant..

miasma man
16-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I agree with the general consensus here. I don't like all of his stuff just some of it as someone else said. I like some things by most artists I suppose not all things.

Dustin - you said no comment with repsect DJing. That brief statement appears to be relatively negative. Please explain more, why, what, how, etc.

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2003, 09:31 PM
I suppose it's up to you to decide whether it's negative or not. He doesn't do it for me personally, but I'm not about to go about and judge someone publicly, it's not fair. All I will say is that he just simply doesn't do it for me.

miasma man
17-06-2003, 01:23 AM
Fair comment.

Indeed, to do that I need to see him play out. Until I do I can't really judge accurately, I suppose i was tryin to gain an insight into other people's views...

:)

Philth
20-06-2003, 04:31 PM
he played here in toronto several months ago and kicked ass. driving basslines, tight mixes.... i really enjoyed it. i've only seen him the one time, but i was having fun.

Esox Lucius
20-06-2003, 04:39 PM
but i was having fun.

which is all that really matters in the end.

dj drosan
01-07-2003, 08:05 PM
hes a f### :twisted: ... dropbass

MARKEG
01-07-2003, 09:17 PM
i love woody..

he was the soundtrack to my life for many years...

balance ep
rattlesnake

arrghhhhh....

DJZeMig_L
01-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Balance ep... ohhhhhh my gooood!!!

what about the generator stuff ... I could never get generator 8..!?!? :cry:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==