PDA

View Full Version : the Advent of Cisco Ferreira

anyoneveryone
14-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Is this man a bit of a genius or what? I'd like to hear people's opinions of him.

eyes without a face
14-06-2003, 02:19 PM
search for other posts about The Advent on this forum, some opinions there.

i luv the guy, he's a seriously talented producer

MARKEG
15-06-2003, 09:21 AM
i remember i first heard of him way back in the early 90's as the man who produced CJ Bollands work. then out came the Advent and it was so obvious that the really brains behind Bolland were this Cisco chap. i interviewed him about 5-7 years ago along with Colin and his thoughts and comments were a real inspiration.

i love the advent. always have, always will.....

Esox Lucius
15-06-2003, 10:01 AM
I like the advents earlier stuff best, when colin was still in it.

Francisco Scaramanga
16-06-2003, 11:17 AM
They were/are a class act - although I don't hear as much about the Advent these days as a few years ago. I saw them play a live PA at the Que Club some number of years ago, and it still stands out amongst the best sets I've heard.

Elements of Life is a brilliant album, all the tracks are good, but its worth it just for Bad Boy and Lies. I've wanted a copy for a long time now (on vinyl that is, got it on CD). Also, the Luke Slater remix of Bad Boy is another all time classic, and I'd love a copy of that as well. If anyone wants to sell either the original or the remix album give me a shout!

miasma man
16-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I do like the Advent a lot, really well produced stuff and original sounds. Just spells quality really.

One of my fave tunes is Advent rmx of New Order, Electric Green (I think) - damn sexy 80's synth line comes in and the f***in record plays inside out! Wicked!

Does anybody think Colin leaving has made much difference? Is that why they split? Creative differences?

Has anybody heard Colins stuff? I can remember reading an interview on Overload (I think) sayin he was doing his own stuff, where is it?

T
16-06-2003, 03:54 PM
The Advent, quality, even since colin mcbean left. Cisco Ferreira's a brilliant producer, has made consistantly high quality techno/electro for over a decade and still doing it...live act was superb, though that was a few years ago with the 2 of them....so would like to hear a more recent set.
His website has just been done up a bit, have some fun in the audio section:
http://www.the-advent.com/

DJZeMig_L
16-06-2003, 06:58 PM
Ok.. I might b a bit partial in here so 1st this heads up anyways... I find this guy a role model and a source of constant inspiration... I also like 2 consider myself as his friend, so I might not b 100% objective!

Cisco is a monster musician, that doen't mean I play and luv all he does. But truth of the mater is this guy is a studio maniac (and stage just aswell), he must knock out about 4-6 tracks a week... he spends sometime with the family and then studio time, meals, cuppa, wc, family, studio... sleep... U would think everything would have 2 sound the same but although he sure retains a very destintive feel but still able 2 constantly evolve an mutate his sound...
He has at least one major Track (non-comercial "hit") every year!!!

Funk fuelled, synthy tracks, drums r us... not 2 mention the slick electro stuff!!

The parted 4 several reasons mainly (as far as I know) different artistic directions .. Collin ways more and more inclined towards the housyer stuff.. cisco likes it all... Also Colin is aparently no so much studio envolved so maybe not as prolific as cisco (this is me guessing AND NOT ANY STATEMENT BY CISCO who prefers not 2 talk much about it)...
Cisco also was a bit fead up with UK and wanted 2 move back 2 quiet sunny Portugal...

Live sure it's different .. 1 person can not have as much action going as 2.. but the music is sweet so I wouldn't really mind having 2 close my eyes if I had 2 (some how the electro stuff live just blows me away)!!

The Advent sound 2 me has retained 90% of what it was so I guess C was the main musical fingers! Also don't forget times and tastes change so U can really compare the Advent sound directly 2 what it was 4-6 years ago!

The recent ReWorks (remixes of Kombination research rec. tracks) LPs r very good with some exelent produtions and some not so good (like mine :P )

Z

JACKSTAR
16-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Cisco f**kin kicks ass always has and always will. They was putting out stuff which really got me into the hard stuff back in 93 at Lost. I have seen them live (when Colin was about) a few times and the set spanked the Ends sound system to the max !!! A ggod friend mine Gary O'Donnell went to school with Cisco in Shepherds Bush and he said even at school Cisco was the schools music & break Dancing ace :lol:

P.

DJZeMig_L
16-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah that's right P, Cisco is mista Crazy legs break dancer... :P Fuc** amazing plus he always makes me lmao ...

Z

Sunil
17-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Has anybody heard Colins stuff? I can remember reading an interview on Overload (I think) sayin he was doing his own stuff, where is it?

He goes by the name of Mr.G, makes tech house. Some of it's a bit hit and miss but he does get a good groove on for what he does. He owns and records for Pheonix G.

Sunil
17-06-2003, 02:06 AM
Met Cisco for the first time a few months back when he played in Dublin. Is a really top bloke, very energetic in every way, loves talking, and has such a positive attitude, seemed like a really genuine bloke. It's nice to meet with someone like this and come out with an even better impression of them than you had beforehand. The Advent's tracks rock, i've always been a huge fan

TripleX
17-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Cisco f**kin kicks ass always has and always will.
P.

nothing more to say....

278d7e64a374de26f==