PDA

View Full Version : some more cybertechno (not another subg...)

stjohn
19-06-2005, 06:43 PM
thanks ritzee for coining the style...

this is very much unfinished, it needs pads and a few edits n fx, but the message is there, hope you like and i would appreciate any feedback + or -

thanks

oh ye thanks messanger for all the sweet samples!!!

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~clubbers/master.mp3

(....updated version below...)

xfive
19-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I really dig this man :clap:

The bass could go a bit deeper though... and it could be brighter

And I think maybe if you made your hat patterns in a more shuffled way it would suit the track better than making them straight like they are now.
Couple fixes and you'll have a winner ;)

stjohn
19-06-2005, 08:24 PM
if you made your hat patterns in a more shuffled way it would suit the track better than making them straight like they are now.

i hear you.... ive had those straight hi's since the start and they suited the tune, but its changed alot since then, and i spose just didnt want to let them go.

ill shuffle them up....thanks man for the advice and glad u liked it!!!!

stjohn
20-06-2005, 04:17 PM
messed around with the hi's and a few more sounds in there too...but still unsure...

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~clubbers/master12.mp3

i just got the SonalKsis SV315 and have it as an insert on the master... and im just gettin to grips with it... should i take it off the master and only sidechain the bassline + kick? i think that what might be takin from the brightness....

this mix is a bit messy, and i want to get it right before going on to the next step!

feedback more than welcome! ps, if it doesnt d/l wait 5 or 10 minutes...:)

audioinjection
20-06-2005, 08:03 PM
yeah this is mean, nice work man :clap:

stjohn
21-06-2005, 04:11 PM
dont think the above link was working but i removed that compressor and only used it to sidechain the kick and sub.... and put a multiband on the master.

i think it gave the track more brightness.... but im still unsure whether to move on and edit etc.... so hit me with your wisdom people.
thanks in advance

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~clubbers/master123.mp3

dirty_bass
21-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Nice this :clap: :clap:
I think the main beat, although nicely broken, doesn`t reach a comfortable groove. Some kind of snare (or a sound in that range) used strategically, could make the beat hit that final funk factor.
Good stuff though, original and interesting.

AcidTrash
22-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Quite like this. Clever stuff.

stjohn
22-06-2005, 05:55 PM
thanks lads for the listen + feedback
@dirty: i know the sound your on about, i have something like that, that i havnt been using, im just afraid of cluttering the mix.

im going to zero volume this for the 3rd time soon, and try and separte the sounds a bit more.

thanks again

BRADLEE
22-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I quite enjoyed it amigo. Really cool tune thus far. And thanks for the mention on the samples too. ha ha ha

Keep it up and finish this one as well. I'd love to get to hear it on a very loud system. :rambo:

stjohn
23-06-2005, 04:06 PM
no worries horse!

updated version with all missing sounds n edits on the way..

cover yo ears! :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==