PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Locked - Jon Nuccle/Distek/Mat Haworth

20-06-2005, 12:57 PM

08th July 2005
10:00pm till 04:00am
£7 ON THE DOOR

Special Guest: Jon Nuccle : Semi Live (Red Seal, Core)
Dj: Distek (F.A.T. Collective)
Dj: Mat Howarth (Locked)

Residents: Jay Knight and Adam Rayner

The Phoenix, Oxford Road, Manchester
T: (0161) 2726806

For more information on this monthly event go to / contact us at: -
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com
or phone Ad on 07790 060562

--------------------------------

Jon Nuccle (Red Seal, Core)

Jon Nuccle has been producing some of the classiest underground techno about since 1993 when, as resident of the groundbreaking Microdot club in Leeds (the first club in the UK to play techno exclusively) he made his debut release on Frank De Wulf’s Two Thumbs label as D.Kontrol. It was on this release where he hooked up with now long-time cohort, Mike Humphreys. The pair soon became prolific producers, releasing many records under different guises, the most noticeable being Cold Dust which they have continued to use to this day, before unleashing their own Red Seal label in 1997. Since then, Nuccle has launched two more labels, The Infamous Player with Orbit’s Mark Turner and the aforementioned Humphreys and his own project, Core.

He has producer over 100 tracks for various underground labels across the globe as well as remixing artists as diverse as Thomas Krome, Pharoah Monch, Felix Da Housecat, Wu Tang Clan and The Advent. Nuccle has been spinning tunes for 12 years now with regular appearances at The Orbit, Microdot and Haywire as well as playing at some of Europe’s top clubs including La Real in Spain, Thomas Krome’s Techstylism in Stockholm and the legendary Omen in Frankfurt.

Distek (The F.A.T. Collective)

Distek started to learn his trade at the age of eleven on ordinary HiFi record players and it wasn’t long before he got the knack for blending two tracks into one another. He slowly progressed his style of mixing playing early hardcore records and becoming influenced by the likes of Carl Cox, Dj Brisk and Stu Allen. It was around this time that he started to learn advanced turntable techniques, delving into scratching and finding that he had a flair for the game. His talent shone when he won a Dj competition at a local under 18’s club at the early age of 14, the judges were so impressed with his skills he won the competition before it had ended.

By 1999 Distek purchased a set of Technics 1210’s and set about to learn properly on a pair of industry standard turntables moving on from the hardcore scene into the world of techno. This gave him the opportunity to play out more often at the many free parties held in Wales where he began to gain a reputation. It was around this time that he started to receive bookings from local club promoters impressed with his skills on the turntables.

Wayne has impressed us all at Locked big time with his dedication to techno and all the production and promotion he is involved with, not forgetting his skillz behind the decks

Mat Haworth (Locked)

Mat is a local dj who has regularly attended Locked since the beginning and more importantly prooved his talent to us time after time ! So July sees us carry on the trend of giving local, skilled dj's a chance !

.................................................. ...............................................

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-july05-front.jpg
http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-july05-back.jpg

fatcollective
22-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Lookin forward to this m8!!! heard lots of good tings about locked!! not played in manchester before either so its all new to me!! Nice 1 Man!! ;)

Matt Blak
22-06-2005, 01:50 PM
i know for certain that DISTEK will rip it up!!!!! Scratch - tastic!!!!!

respect to you Wayne

Matt

Mucky Beats
22-06-2005, 02:42 PM
this will be shit hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatcollective
22-06-2005, 04:58 PM
i know for certain that DISTEK will rip it up!!!!! Scratch - tastic!!!!!

respect to you Wayne

Matt
nice 1 matt!! really lookin forward to it!! & at long last, i can say i "WILL" be at the next locked & actually turn up!! hehe

Frank Dogshit
22-06-2005, 05:02 PM
lookin good chaps.

Technobitch
24-06-2005, 12:38 PM
cant wait for this one!!!

will be nice to have some more of the north wales techno crew at locked, sick of saying they wilb there n they never come! who ever dnt make an apperance at this one is a total let down!!!! :rambo:

see you all there!!!

TechnoLaydee
24-06-2005, 09:54 PM
unfortunatly me and dave will be sunning ourselves in orlando for this one :cry: :lol:

ds2
26-06-2005, 11:38 AM
don't think i've ever heard jon play except with cold dust.
should be a goodie.

..your flyers are sorted in leeds now.

27-06-2005, 09:32 AM
unfortunatly me and dave will be sunning ourselves in orlando for this one :cry: :lol:

Well your gonna have to re-schedule your holidays then paula :roll: women

ComputerControlled
27-06-2005, 12:30 PM
lookin forward to this badboy... :rambo:

Technobitch
30-06-2005, 06:38 PM
getting even closer now cant wait! distek is guna kick ass!!!

01-07-2005, 08:04 AM
getting even closer now cant wait! distek is guna kick ass!!!

we'll have no kicking off at Locked please Dawn ! :lol:

The Overfiend
01-07-2005, 09:42 AM
you guys need to record sets

01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
We do record all the sets , its jusr we are amatuers when it comes to getting them onto webspace ! We are gonna sort somat soon though!

Frank Dogshit
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
We do record all the sets , its jusr we are amatuers when it comes to getting them onto webspace ! We are gonna sort somat soon though!

need that innigo mix me lad.....its a beauty! :clap:

Eddie
01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Cant make this one now as i am off galavanting in london the week after and i need all my pennies! Hope it goes well for you and i will be making more locked appearences when it restarts in september

Frank Dogshit
02-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Cant make this one now as i am off galavanting in london the week after and i need all my pennies! Hope it goes well for you and i will be making more locked appearences when it restarts in september

whos on at the end anyway eddie?or are you just goin for those females?

Technobitch
02-07-2005, 08:40 PM

so what bout your live set then jay? i wanted to hear that!!!!

dirty_bass
02-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I really wanna know what a semi live PA is?

Eddie
04-07-2005, 08:51 AM

whos on at the end anyway eddie?or are you just goin for those females?

tiga, erol alkan, typical buggedout line up really. Just goin down to meet the girls

04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I really wanna know what a semi live PA is?

A semi live pa is half decks half live

nick_anarchy
06-07-2005, 03:08 PM
might be down for this ... need to blag me driver to sort his head out !!

Matt Blak
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
i hope to be bringing the tp's of e'poch worx 004 with me, for their first ever play out

fingers crossed

matt

fresh_an_funky_design
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
yeh i should have a few copies of mptf 2 to distribute :lol:

Matt Blak
07-07-2005, 09:13 AM
was really impressed with mftp1, nice work mate.

thanks for the vinyl ;)

matt

07-07-2005, 01:55 PM
This will unfortunately be the last monthly Locked for now , we have made the decision to do irregular nights so that we can put more effort and research into each party, avoiding the increasing competition !

oldbugger
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
:shock:

good luck anyway ;) shock that like

retox
07-07-2005, 02:47 PM
This will unfortunately be the last monthly Locked for now , we have made the decision to do irregular nights so that we can put more effort and research into each party, avoiding the increasing competition !
:cry:
Gutted, its the one thing that I look forward to each month round here. I know you've put a lot of work and effort into keeping locked going from the start, I just hope ya do keep on putting on amazing parties which are highly appreciated by a lot of people!!!

07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Oh dont worry, we're not quiters , its just a case of around 6 parties a year instead of 12 !

Eddie
07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh dont worry, we're not quiters , its just a case of around 6 parties a year instead of 12 !

Well atleast it means i wont be missing as many ;)

fitipaldi
07-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Gutted, had so many good nights down at locked, lets hope these bimonthly ones are even better. See you all down there tomorrow gurners!

Stella Boy
07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Have a great night tomorrow guys.

Have you got the dates sorted for the bi-monthly events because i'd love to get over there again. Cracking party last time I went :cool:

alsynthe
07-07-2005, 08:00 PM
wots the dress code at the pheonix????

Traxx
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Jeans & trainers, no caps.

alsynthe
07-07-2005, 08:08 PM
cheers

Katie
08-07-2005, 07:19 PM

ahh no way but that means we will be more appreciative cause we won't get to go as often! haha! gutted i'm missing tonight! first locked i've missed for ages! :evil:

Frank Dogshit
08-07-2005, 07:36 PM

ahh no way but that means we will be more appreciative cause we won't get to go as often! haha! gutted i'm missing tonight! first locked i've missed for ages! :evil:

why you not going you flesh eating maggot?

Mucky Beats
09-07-2005, 02:06 PM
hi hear distek rocked :clap:

gutted i was'nt there :cry:

i'll be at the next one tho! :twisted:

alsynthe
10-07-2005, 10:03 PM
yea distek rocked it, was quite impressed with jon nuccle too.

fresh_an_funky_design
11-07-2005, 07:52 PM
yeah was a wicked locked all the dj's played wicked sets. Disteks set really took it that step harder towards the end which was good.

Katie
11-07-2005, 08:45 PM

why you not going you flesh eating maggot?

Cause i was skint and really wanted to go see magda! so went to technique with Kev and magda didn't even turn up! well bullied! got5 to listen to tech-house all night! proper quality! :lol: :roll:

fatcollective
11-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanx to all that came, really enjoyed playin to such an avin'it, spot on crowd!! it made my night!! hope i can do locked again sumtime!!

Respect to the Locked Crew!! & The North Wales crew!!
& Alsynthe!!

;)

D

13-07-2005, 04:41 AM
\hahahah, im in ****in ibizaand im leathered and its ten to six , have some of that! be atches! lol

alsynthe
13-07-2005, 10:27 AM
haha o dear

ds2
13-07-2005, 11:43 AM
\hahahah, im in ****in ibizaand im leathered and its ten to six , have some of that! be atches! lol

not pulled (again) then jay.

fitipaldi
13-07-2005, 01:34 PM

not pulled (again) then jay.

:lol:

Frank Dogshit
13-07-2005, 10:50 PM

grade 'A' waste of spunk you jason!

Owt goin on at Cocoon on monday?? :eh: :lol:

Katie
14-07-2005, 07:35 PM

Bastards you! we've got 2 months to wait! :evil:

Technobitch
15-07-2005, 10:28 PM

wot you doing on the net on holiday knight factor!! get out there and have some fun!!!

Technobitch
15-07-2005, 10:31 PM
locked was ace, disyek playd a realy good set.. as did all actualy!!!

iv written a review for the night to go on the fatcollective site but wont post it till the ibiza queen has seen it!! plenty of photos too!

:twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==