PDA

View Full Version : Preview of my newest track

Mirsha
25-06-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm working on a remix for a competition and would appreciate some feedback. I've certainly spent a lot more time on this track ****ing about with it than any other including a bit of post mastering which did wonders but I'm still curious to see what other folk think of it. It's not finished yet, some of the bars go on for a bit too long and stuff but I can worry about that later once I've got a sort of final layout done.

I quite like the track, it's deep and menacing and it's got a kind of power behind it I've not been able to achieve with my other produtcions as of yet.

http://www.atkt71.dsl.pipex.com/Mirsha_Remix.mp3

BRADLEE
25-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Well it's in the wrong place, but it sounds really good to me thus far amigo. Sounds quality seems quite good as well for sure. Personally I would have used a much heavier kickdrum, but that is just me. All in all after a few little edits here and there to make it less loopy, this should be well wikked. Off to a great start for sure.

One great thing you could add would be some vocal snips for stabs. Have them delayed out a bit in the break as well. That should also give the tune a bit more movement to keep it more intersting as well.

A nice breathy sweeping pad would also do some justice during the break as well. That should really help to pull things together tons.

Mirsha
25-06-2005, 12:45 AM
The thing is, it's mant to be a remix. There is a vocal loop I could use, but it sounds so ****ing terrible used in that context of a really heavy dark track I've ignored it.

THh bass issue is something I only recenlty discovered after doing a bit of mastering and realising it drops out substaitonaly when most of the track kicks in. It's still something I need to work on proper and I'll sort before doing anything serious with it.

But yeah atm bits of it do sound loopy, before I 'finihs' it I'll be turning some of the 16 bars into 8 bars and adding some new drum patterns to mix things up a bit but at the mo I'm more worried about getting the whole thing 'kinda' set out then getting it all correct.

BRADLEE
25-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I didn't mean a whole vocal loop of any type. Just snip a word in half and make a cool little stab with it is what I mean. Then you can add delay to give more life to the sample.

I know exactly what you mean about laying things out first though. Many people work in that fashion. Then you get into the edits later after you're happy with the rough draft. I feel ya.

All in all I'd have to say it sounds well nice.

278d7e64a374de26f==