PDA

View Full Version : 34

The Divide
26-06-2005, 09:31 PM
This is an old track I did, came back to it and noticed it had a really cheesy synth in it. I have reworked it a lot now, its kinda oldschool with a little titty twister I'm told :lol: ...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/34C_11MA.mp3

Its not finished yet but any negative feedback and pointers would be great :study:

BloodStar
27-06-2005, 09:39 AM
i like it. sounds fat and promising, maybe just a tad overcompressed,,but it's maybe just my feel :) nice atmo in it after while., love those effected vocals. nice breaks.. nice one. that sub at the end sounds FAAAT.. :clap:

MITA
27-06-2005, 11:52 AM
d/loading..

TechMouse
27-06-2005, 11:54 AM
I like this a lot. Good groove to it, with just the right amount of randomness to wrong up a dancefloor good & proper.

BRADLEE
27-06-2005, 08:03 PM
****ing Ill Dano. Man, all of your new shit is even better than your old tunes amigo. Can't wait to see these floating around ont he shelves. :clap:

audioinjection
27-06-2005, 08:09 PM
great work man, very phat shit :clap:

i like that funkyness it has

The Divide
28-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Sweet, cheers for that especially bloodstar

I think it sounds over compressed because I had some bit-crushing on the 1st bass and with it been compressed into the kick it was emphasised. Maybe this version is better

Made a lot of changes to this track with the mixdown but its all sounds really subtle, I have accidentally muted one hi hat after the main break too which will be fixed.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/34_13MA.mp3

Enjoy

BRADLEE
28-06-2005, 01:27 AM
I can hear a distinct differance between the two updates Dan. I really like the changes you put into the mixdown as well amigo. Im only listening in headphones, but it all sounds really proper.

lau
28-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah the second one sounds better....

Love the sounds you always use... they've got something about em.. Don't know exactly what it is but I like it... :lol:

Anyways love this track!!! But have to admit that I was kinda waiting for a big breakdown and a hard kick back... which didn't really happen... (lol maybe thats just me...btw I think its coz of the piano kinda sound... thats giving the track an "easygoing-vibe" )

Production wise I think its great.... your tracks are always mixed really phat... theres enough bass to em :eh: the highs sound thight too...

love those small edits and cuts...

AcidTrash
28-06-2005, 08:37 AM
This is ****in ace. maybe a bit bass heavy Not sure I like the piano stab much but the composition is fab. Would make for a lovely minimal remix. Not 100% my bag at all but I'm impressed.

BloodStar
28-06-2005, 04:43 PM
hi there,

2nd version seem to be ok with compression.. very nice sub,have to say,just at the start,. yeah man,, this sounds cool.nice edits,. love the breaks.+ i wanted to hear more vocal,,and here it is.... nice.. i was just thinking about the sub,what about make a just a little more cut to it to make it little more defined athe bottom..? maybe not true,,i'd try it,.anyway,,sounds much better,,now.. :clap:

The Divide
02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Sweet

I put a plugin on the kick to make it really bassy. Sounded mint in solo but when the funky bass was brought in it caused some phase cancellation. I think I have fixed it now. Made it a bit more stereo, changed the arrangement especially the outro

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/34_C18_MA.mp3

The Divide
03-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Anyone?

xfive
03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Nicely done mate. :clap: I think the mix is fine.
The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the hi pass sweep that resulted in that hi pitched synth note that was held.. the sound just sorta seemed out of place.

Otherwise sweet :rambo:

BloodStar
03-07-2005, 06:56 PM
:clap: i like all the edits and new sounds. like it much more than previous version. this got much more life in it,,nice grooves+ bass is very nice,aswel,.now.. really nice track!! :clap:

i forgot to mention jus t a little point which not sound well i"d say ..break around 3.14,,.some drum sounds which starts to play,are panned too right,,i think,.it's ok after while, but if it would play little more in center,,would sounds betterIMO.nice track!

dan the acid man
03-07-2005, 11:41 PM
this is great, love your hat patterns as usual, your hats always stand out.
love the clanking percussion, and nice to hear a really synthy old school bassline going on.
the kick does still get lost later on though, but its not too bad, you can still hear and feel it

The Divide
04-07-2005, 01:09 AM
As always never satisfied with the arrangement

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/34%20C%2021MA.mp3

make it stop

please

:lol:

lau
04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Maaan this is hardcore :shock:

This track really got better and better... Think its a good thing you left that piano out of it.. .loving the vocals in the background.. .!!

:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==