PDA

View Full Version : Complaints from neighbors

AcidTrash
26-06-2005, 10:33 PM
What can you do if your neighbor reports you to the council?

Mindful
26-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Deny it.

Barely Human
26-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Phone the police and say you seen your neighbur picking up loads of different kids each day from the playground.

nova
27-06-2005, 12:14 AM
watch out for noise people. usally takes a good few laters tho

MARKEG
27-06-2005, 12:26 AM
keep it down man.. i've had this too soooo many times over the years...

to be honest i've learnt the hard way, but you need to keep on goood terms with your neighbours. always going round and telling them if you're gonna have it loud. also, set levels with them.. and NEVER go above those levels. i don't care if you come in pi**ed as a mofo, get smoked up and think sod it - you MUST NOT GO OVER THAT LEVEL!!!

dirty_bass
27-06-2005, 12:55 AM
My neighbours know what I do. My levels only get high in the day, and although they rarely notice, I gave them my mobile number and told them to call me if it`s pissing them off.
It makes life sooo easy.

TechMouse
27-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I live in a flat, and the guy upstairs starts thumping on the floor if I get to anything like a listenable level.

Which I wouldn't mind, only he blasts out short bursts of pop music fairly frequently.

acidsaturation
27-06-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm lucky. The guy next door on one side is deaf as a post (though it does mean I hear his tv and taste in robbie williams rather two often) and the rest are twices as loud. Ta the end of the day though, yeah, keep on good terms, keep it down at night etc.

dan the acid man
27-06-2005, 11:38 AM
i agree with the above posts, you have to respect your neighbours rights to peace and quiet, just as they have to respect theres times when you may need to crank it up a notch, but like mark said, its a good idea, to test how loud you can go, go around to their house and keep adjusting your levels until they're satisfied

nova
27-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I live in a flat, and the guy upstairs starts thumping on the floor if I get to anything like a listenable level.

Which I wouldn't mind, only he blasts out short bursts of pop music fairly frequently.

tell me about! ya start thinking wot the feck is that noise. turn the music off to realise is the fecking neibour hammering on the wall.

TechMouse
27-06-2005, 01:45 PM
tell me about! ya start thinking wot the feck is that noise. turn the music off to realise is the fecking neibour hammering on the wall.
What really makes it a bit of a joke, is that the noise of him tramping around his flat (normally listening to poo, but I digress...) is remarkably similar to him banging on the floor for me to shut up.

Francisco Scaramanga
27-06-2005, 01:48 PM
my current neighbors are ridiculous, and I've made every effort to be good about noise as well. I've never played any music past 10, and when I do play tunes I keep them low volume, but they still complain. The other day I was bangin it out fairly loud at about 2:30 on a tuesday afternoon, and they start pounding on the wall! Well, they can get bent, **** that, I turned it up so I couldent hear the pounding. If it was 2:30am, then fine, call the cops if you want, but 2:30 in the afternoon, on a tuesday! I think they are of the opinion that music should never be played, ever.

Anyway, I've never got involved with the environmental health people, cause it takes alot to get them out, but if gets to that level you want to sort it out pronto, cause they'll install noise monitoring devices at your neighbors place, without telling you, and then if the levels coming from your place are too loud, you will get screwed over. Happened to some friends of mine.

TechMouse
27-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Anyway, I've never got involved with the environmental health people, cause it takes alot to get them out, but if gets to that level you want to sort it out pronto, cause they'll install noise monitoring devices at your neighbors place, without telling you, and then if the levels coming from your place are too loud, you will get screwed over. Happened to some friends of mine.
Yeah, though to be fair I think the legal levels for "acceptability" are put in place to deal with the most ridiculous cases... e.g. people who live next door to live music venues, bars etc. I think in 90% of cases that might involve the likes of us playing a few tunes at home etc. then environmental services would find in your favour. Unless you are being ridiculous.

Even so, best to keep relations good, agreed.

nova
27-06-2005, 05:35 PM
What really makes it a bit of a joke, is that the noise of him tramping around his flat (normally listening to poo, but I digress...) is remarkably similar to him banging on the floor for me to shut up.

he listens ta music then. feck i dont think ive ever heard music coming from 1 side. the 1 that bangs. :lol: been there nerly 2 years

lau
27-06-2005, 05:58 PM
At the moment this a problem I cant share with you all...

My neighbours are about 300ft away... :lol:

Wasnt always like this though... In amsterdam I once had em in my room and I didnt notice... the f*ckers just got into my appartment.. :shock:

anyways... there just doesnt seem to be a solution... well except from killing em that is.. but than after a couple of weeks they'll get all smelly and shit .. .... copzz running around.. nah... so just try to keep your levels low in the evening..

eyes without a face
27-06-2005, 06:51 PM
im lucky because my neighbours make more noise than me, the guy on the right has a full recording studio in his loft and the ones on the left have 2 young kids, a problematic older child, and the parents hate each others guts so they argue like ****

but i do make sure i dont annoy them with the music as i know it cant be nice especially if your really not into it anyway, but ive never had any complaints from them but i have told them to simply knock if it gets too much, its only fair as when the eldest daughter is arguing with her boyfriend i have enough grief to give them haha

FIK
28-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Like was said in the above posts, just try to get along with your neighbours. Make some arrangements over times, volume, etc.
Over the years I've had quite a few neighbours moving in and out nextdoor and I've never had any problems. Even the two nuns and the priest who once lived there never complained. In fact, those were the nicest people. If you both are sensible, you shouldn't have any problems.

RDR
28-06-2005, 11:03 PM
**** em.

Not really, i agree with the others on this. ;)

loopdon
28-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Like was said in the above posts, just try to get along with your neighbours. Make some arrangements over times, volume, etc.
Over the years I've had quite a few neighbours moving in and out nextdoor and I've never had any problems. Even the two nuns and the priest who once lived there never complained. In fact, those were the nicest people. If you both are sensible, you shouldn't have any problems.

:shock: :lol:

BRADLEE
28-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I think the old lady next door to me is just afraid of me. She doesn't complain about the music at all. However any time I go outside and she has her door open, she closes the door and locks it. :lol: Although I'm fairly certain it's because all she hears out of my house all of the time is bang bang bang bang bang.... :cool:

RDR
29-06-2005, 09:41 AM
I think the old lady next door to me is just afraid of me. She doesn't complain about the music at all. However any time I go outside and she has her door open, she closes the door and locks it. :lol: Although I'm fairly certain it's because all she hears out of my house all of the time is bang bang bang bang bang.... :cool:

http://www.ukstockimages.com/thumbs/PR118GL0061.jpg

http://people.morehead-st.edu/students/kb/krbail02/satan.jpg

You will insist going out wearing that mask......

:lol: :lol:

yeswehavetheright
29-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Depends on how well you get on with them. By the sound of it (no pun intentended!) it's maybe a little dodgy. At the end of the day people have a right to go about their business and are bound to make a little bit of noise in the process, this is all part of being a human being. Make sure you don't make noise during unsociable hours and try and get a routine going so that your neighbours know when you are going to make a little noise. It's even worth going round and explaining that music is your life and you need to make a little noise now and again.
It'll be quite hard for the environmental health people to prove your breaching regulations so i wouldn't worry too much - **** 'em!!!

jacques
29-06-2005, 01:25 PM
just got the one neighbour, he says he doesn't mind my music and has never complained, but i still try to exercise a little caution, i.e not playing music loud after 10pm etc.

its a bit of a bastard that the ceiling joists in my house run left-right, so all the bass sound travels straight through into his house.

278d7e64a374de26f==