PDA

View Full Version : (BIRMINGHAM, UK) SUPERSONIC FESTIVAL 2005 - 8th-9th JULY...

8bitapocalypse
27-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Supersonic Festival
Custard Factory. Birmingham UK
8th - 9th July 05
http://www.capsule.org.uk

Friday 8th July 9pm - 4am
Capsule join forces with the legendary House of God
room one: Surgeon. Paul Damage . Sir Real . Harvey Lane

room two:
DJ X. Shitmat (Planet Mu). PCM. Chris Clark (Warp). Capsule Girls

Saturday 9th July 4pm - 4am
This year will see three stages of live performances, art installations, film programme, video bingo, karaoke, record stalls and most importantly cake.

Outside stage:
Psychic TV

Rother & Moebius (neu!/cluster/harmonia). Dälek (Ipecac). Battles (Don Caballero/Helmet)
Jesu (Hydra Head ex Godflesh). Aereogramme (Undergroove). Esquilax

Theatre space:
Merzbow vs Stephen O'Malley* (Sunn 0)))/Khanate). Brian Duffy and Modified Toy Orchestra
Barbara Morgenstern + Robert Lippok (To Rococo Rot). Black Galaxy vs Kreepa (ex Napalm Death/Scorn)
Martin Creed and Band* (Turner prize winner 2001). David Cunningham* (ex Flying Lizards). sol_dat ( [k]racktroni[k] )

Medicine Bar:
Trevor Jackson (Dj Set). Colder (Output). Formation Flight
Noise Noise Alore! . Granine + Stuart Braithwaite - Mogwai Dj set
Tunng (Static Caravan). Khonnor (Type Records)

Artwork:
Beat13 . Out Crowd . Nanoplex .
Ecco un Poco - Dreams of Tall Buildings/PCM (live performance in am ice cream van)

*Performances presented in collaboration with Ikon Gallery

Film programme by 7inch cinema

Tickets on sale http://www.seetickets.com
Polar Bear - Kings Heath
Jibbering Records - Moseley
Swordfish Birmingham - City Center
combined Friday/Saturday £25
Friday £7
Saturday £20

http://www.capsule.org.uk/Assets/Images/Event/capsule_web.jpg

Francisco Scaramanga
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
This should be good, dont think I can afford Saturday, but I'd like to be there for HOG on the friday. Does anyone know if this is going to be outdoors in the marquee? I really hope so, would make things easy for me, as I have broken my heel, and am on crutches. I figure if its outside I can chill by the side and enjoy the tunes without risking my neck on the dancefloor. So yeah, any information would be appreciated.

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Come on, somebody must know!!! Marquee or not?

It really makes a difference as to whether or not I will go...

ampassasinbirmingham
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
im niot sure they had a marquee last year. with an event this big it would be silly not to.

last year they didnt drain the pool but there was outdoor music on the saturday. the artists playted on the stage in the pool and everyone watched around it.

my guess is hog will deffinantly not be a marquee. the saturday will have outdoor music but maybe not a marquee.

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
ah, cheers, not what I was hoping, but good to have an idea one way or the other.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
think ill bne there scarmanga if your down. ill be the gimp with a head band on.

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, I do really want to go, but I broke my heel awhile back and am on crutches, so if its in the medicine bar I aint to sure I should. I'll be safe on the concrete outside, but the floor in the medicine bar could prove quite dangerous for me (wet, slippery, maybe more broken bones - **** that!). If its nice weather maybe I'll just sit outside all night...

Anyway, I'll look out for you, and if I am there it wont be hard to spot me - the gimp with a gimpy foot.

278d7e64a374de26f==