PDA

View Full Version : DJ Rush...

MARKEG
18-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Hahahaha... The new 'Jack' compilation is soooooo cool. Not the best mixing in the world from Rush but I love what it stands for and it's got that wicked DJ Rush attitude to it too. Also it's got a load of Frogs on the cover!!!?!?!!! REALLY love a track on this called 'Get down low' by DJ Nehpets. Has anyone any more info on this artist?

DJZeMig_L
18-06-2003, 03:32 AM
DJ Nehpets - Stephen ... Chicago (I think)... not absolutly sure but would say he as some stuff out on Booty Bar, Databass, Public Housing (Urban's label)... it will probably hit Jackstar or Projex preatty soon... maybe Djax-Up...

Nice Chi-town proper getho stuff :)

Z

noid_the_droid
18-06-2003, 03:49 AM
the new major rush vs.paul langley on 4x4 is sweet as a turnip as is the "life sucks" ep by chris noise on kne'deep

RCDocherty
18-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Seen him at Pressure a couple of months ago. He done a track on Leaded called Mother ****ing Bass, that is one that I am selling at the mo. Surprised you have not heard of him, he has been around for a long time now........

eyes without a face
18-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Dj Rush is THE MAN. seriously, he is one talented and crazy guy, a true techno legend.

as for Nephets, ive heard some of his stuff, wikid indeed. noticed his new release is top of Clarke's top ten for the month. not heard it yet tho

DJZeMig_L
18-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Correction... N has already release @ public housing and also Projex (I represent getho..)...

Rush... I gotta say the drums r a bit predictable sometimes, but he can also do really great stuff.... but it is the carzy vocals that get me everytime...

I still make it a point of playing Club Freaks almost everytime I play!! :)

so all in all always a name 2 check !! :)

Z

anx
18-06-2003, 06:42 PM
is there anyone else who doesnt like his stuff? i havnt heard 1 track i like by him on that pro-jex lable, i'd say im down with only about 20% of his production

but thats just my opinion

DJZeMig_L
18-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey bro... I guess I could say I only like 20% of his stuff aswell mainly 'cause he releases loads of stuff.... but the stuff I like, I am absolutly mad about.... This guy has got humour which I miss more and more in techno nowadays... also he is quite a character, Carisma is the word!!!

Z

BritishMurderBoy
18-06-2003, 08:59 PM
not the hugest fan of rush's productions... while i love seeing the man performing live with berkovi i get a bit board of his tracks.. 4x4x14 is quite nice...

Esox Lucius
18-06-2003, 10:35 PM
got to say i`m a big fan of the major`s productions, i like thr rough feel they have to them... his mix of alter ego - betty ford clinic is one of my all time fav tracks.

Xtraction
19-06-2003, 03:41 AM
Nehpets is Chicago, I'm 90% sure, anyways. :?

Esox Lucius
19-06-2003, 09:02 AM
he is chicago yeah.

T
19-06-2003, 10:06 AM
is there anyone else who doesnt like his stuff? i havnt heard 1 track i like by him on that pro-jex lable, i'd say im down with only about 20% of his production

but thats just my opinion

His stuff is not really my bag either, just haven't been into the productions of his I've bought / heard.

gunjack
19-06-2003, 10:11 AM
rushi came down just to see me play at tresor, it was so much fun getting wasted wit da major!!!!!

Angrymann
19-06-2003, 12:07 PM
I like the fact that the guy is so crazy and has his own style. but that said I do think his style is pretty much exactly the same on each record , but as he says himself he makes "Drum beats" as opposed to techno tracks.

He isn't the best mixer in the world though , and I am sure most people will have to admit this. But he does have a VERY BIG PRESENCE , which sometimes is enough to make up for the lack of technical ability??

BritishMurderBoy
19-06-2003, 12:11 PM
His stuff is not really my bag either.

spot on.. I have nothing against him his stuff is well produced and seeing him live is amazing.. I also rekon anyone who the major is publisising is goin to have some skills..

i'll have to have a look out for this Nephet dude...

dan

T
19-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I've not seen him live, but have bought and heard a few of his productions.....heard berkovi live though and the tunes I have of his I'm not that into, but he rocked it live.

Esox Lucius
19-06-2003, 12:42 PM
fair enough if most of you aren`t into him, i love the major though, he is one of my fav dj`s & producers, imo the man is a genius, and a sound guy to boot! i was speaking to him at voodoo last year and he`s a nutter.... respect to the major!

Patrick
19-06-2003, 12:58 PM
I really like his stuff. I think the humour and the sleaze in his tracks is totally infectious. Gets me every time.

Also nice to see Mark Hawkins on the remix tip for the track Family on Djax.

Esox Lucius
19-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Mark Hawkins is excellent, nice & jacking.

djfurness
19-06-2003, 01:42 PM
i spoke to rush at the voodoo last year as well....
only went over to say hello and ended up chattin to him for 20 minutes
one of the soundest and down to earth djs u could meet
i personally love him
hes got his own style
somethin not too common in dance music nowadays

Esox Lucius
19-06-2003, 02:08 PM
hes got his own style
somethin not too common in dance music nowadays

agreed.

T
19-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Agreed also, it's just his sound doesn't genearally appeal to me.

DJZeMig_L
19-06-2003, 03:57 PM
M. Hawkins can do some solid stuff... those kind of sond that r really creepy and give' ya goosebumps... some things he does r a bit 2 xtrem 4 me but his rmx is 1 of my fav. tracks (although himself doesn't think much of this remix he did :shock: ).. berkovi's rmx is kinda strange at first it sounds very catchy but dirty, it's kind of epic/ melodic think but has got bite as well... so after playing a few time I really like it now and use it for some sort of apotheotic moments every now and then!!

Z

Patrick
19-06-2003, 04:26 PM
some things he does r a bit 2 xtrem 4 me

Ha ha, that's that UglyFunk influence ! They like it extreme.
I think Mark might be one to watch this year now that Crime is up running.

I like that Berkovi mix too. As you said, it's a grower. Very different, but then it gets it's hooks into you.

dj drosan
01-07-2003, 08:24 PM
ading to z... the backwards named dee jay nehpets... he released thru dance mania... real getho style 8)

anx
01-07-2003, 09:05 PM
his dj sets are ****ing nuts tho!!

heard 1 set by him and like the 3rd track in was 4x4x9 - clanking (the real ****ing hard one thats after the cut with the voices) the man serves it up ****ing hard

DJZeMig_L
01-07-2003, 10:46 PM
rush just came over.. I couldn't go though :(
But a m8 of mine gave him my last release (holzplatten 61) and he played it straight even finished his set with my track jumping and dancing 2 it... sorry 4 the shameless self promotion but I had 2 share this with some1 :)

Z

dj drosan
02-07-2003, 01:19 AM
right on z :P

JACKSTAR
02-07-2003, 01:39 AM
DJ Nehpets is from the Southside of Chicago he is 21 and a real cool guy. I had the pleasure of playing at a party in Chicago with him Jan 2002 which is when I signed him for a 4 track EP on Jackstar. I still have not released it as I was not sure if the kids were quite up for the rawness of his trax. I have had these trax for nearly 2 years now and they still sound very fresh and unique. Nehpets has need producing music since he was 13 and released his 1st EP on the Ghetto series on Underground Construction which I still play now. He comes from the true Ghetto music clan of Deeon / Milton / Funk / Slugo and his music really has the funk or as the Chicago boys now say JUKE which is the new JACK. If anyone want to know more about him I have a small biog on my Jackstar site.
As for Rush............he is the MAN !!!! He's been one of my best and true friends for nearly 7 years. All I can say is that if it weren't for Rush I would not have my carear in Techno, he has helped me out all the way. There really ain't many people like that in the music business and he has himself pushed himself to where he is now by going against the grain and being different which I do believe is why he is so sucessful.

DJ Rush : Ghetto Fabulous (Jackstar007) out next week

P.

Methodixxx
02-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Finally Paul ;) heehee, just jokes..

Rush is da man! He was really friendly when he was down here in Sydney... crazy too! :twisted:

davethedrummer
03-07-2003, 11:09 PM
where's my ****ing remix is all i can say!!!!

Methodixxx
04-07-2003, 03:29 AM
Still waiting.....? I wanna hear it too after all this time! :wink:

278d7e64a374de26f==