PDA

View Full Version : A bit of classic acid

AcidTrash
28-06-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.squatjuice.com/mp3/acidtrash/classid.mp3

j_s
28-06-2005, 11:33 PM
nice hi-hats. the background fx are cool, as are the edits. i like the acid line, but the 303 is a bit indistinct. does sound a bit hard-housey too, though i dunno if that matters to you....

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 10:00 AM
same problem again really, the bass is pretty much nowhere in town on here and as a whole the tracks pretty undistiguishable .... without offence i think maybe you should try concentrating on a track at a time because you seem to post up a handful of tracks at a time that sound awfully too similiar and have the same problems, are u using a template?

dont get me wrong, i think you've done some good tracks, just seems you've taken a step back with these latest tracks

oldbugger
29-06-2005, 10:21 AM
i'm not slagging anything coz i couldn't produce shit.

i just want to comment on the title of this thred ' classic acid'

have you ever heard any classic acid? :eh:

sorry...just wasnt what i was expecting.. i was quite excited too :cry:

AcidTrash
29-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I know what you mean. Problem is that I was making a bunch of stuff that sounded too much like Alex Calver for my tastes so I'm revisiting a lot of my older stuff and trying to bring it into the now. I love the style of this particular one but personally I don't think it possible to bring life to the acid line without having a real 303.

I produce in batches whereever possible and see which ones grab me over time and develop the ones people like. BOA is my quality control really. Sometime I rteally hat a track and you lot think its my best ever tune and then other tiumes something I worked hard on and love to bits gets utterly slated. Can't win really. In essence I'm trying to find that sound I want without emulating geezer or calver too much, hence the recent decline in quality. Also, like I say, the neighbors don't like music and they already want to cut my balls off so I'm doing it all very quietly.

AcidTrash
29-06-2005, 10:26 AM

Stripped down beats and a 303. thats classic acid isn't it?

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 10:28 AM
err no mate its not, its classic acid techno maybe

AcidTrash
29-06-2005, 10:29 AM
whoop whoop, thats the sound of the genre police.

oldbugger
29-06-2005, 10:33 AM

Stripped down beats and a 303. thats classic acid isn't it?

depends what your interpretation of acid is really mate.

if you think its DAVE the drummer and the liberators and geezer etc then i see where your coming from.

but that aint acid.. its just bollox. a bit like saying corsten and tiesto are classic trance :dontevengothere: :doh:

sorry i thought it was going to be classic acid as the title suggested not some acid techno, i was just dissapointed :crackup:

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 10:34 AM
err no mate its not, its classic acid techno maybe
Could be argued that you're on the wrong forum if you were expecting classic acid house.

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 10:42 AM
not at all, the post said "Classic Acid" didnt mention house or techno hence the confusion

:roll: ;)

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 10:46 AM
not at all, the post said "Classic Acid" didnt mention house or techno hence the confusion

:roll: ;)
Well, given it's in the "Techno Production Filez" section, that might have been a strong hint. No?

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 10:48 AM
well no not really, if you check back on the forum then i think youl find there is more than just techno getting posted here these days, even tracks made by people playing household appliances... so yeah the title "Classic Acid" is open for confusion definately, as was proved here ;)

dan the acid man
30-06-2005, 12:29 AM
does it really matter at the end of the day, iv'e finally got back around to visiting this part of the forum again, only to see arguments :lol:

just listen to the track and give feedback, whatever genre its supposed to be

well ive just started listening to it, the first thing that hits me is the kick, theres not enough bottom end in it, if the track started with a bassline rumbling away really low then you can get away with this, but as it is now, its too thin sounding.

As for the acid lines, they sound quite good to say its not a 303 thats produced them.

I like the background synth action, they add alot to this track.

its nothing new, but as you say, you was going for that classic london acid techno sound which you've achieved.
I'd personally change the kick and add a beefier bassline

eyes without a face
30-06-2005, 12:31 AM
there's no arguing :eh:

it was just confusion

dan the acid man
30-06-2005, 12:35 AM
im in a bit of a ratty mood, excuse me, damn headaches :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==