PDA

View Full Version : the acid 180

noid_the_droid
18-06-2003, 04:10 AM
so whats the story here,acid techno labels suddenly doing a u-turn and making their style either hard and minimal or funky and ghetto-tastic.
it's definitely a turn for the better in my opinion.I love the seawolf by u.r and all the ceephax acid crew records on breakin' but I still think the less wild acidy sounds in modern techno the better. Good examples of what I'm talking about are hydraulix 17 and 4 x 4 x 13. I mean if someone had said to me three years ago that chris liberator and dave the drummer would be making records like that I would have thought I was in an episode of the outer limits or something

Oh and by the way if you read this mr. e g ive got tons of your records and i think there all excellent especially hydraulix 16,your two e.ps on compound b.oaudio 3 and submissions 2 to name a few. come dj in dublin and publicize it heavily on this message board.my self and a posse of techno fiends will be there with multiple bells on

davethedrummer
04-07-2003, 01:05 AM
actually we did make records like that 3 years ago (in fact longer)
just no one would listen to them
check out breakout on eukatech
or pounding grooves 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc
o techno slut
or some clusters
or or or or
**** that pisses me off when someone says that
like as if i couldn't make a techno record no matter how hard i tried because i'm some kind of weird jumped up trance bloke

rrrrrrrrrrrr
down boy

MARKEG
04-07-2003, 01:22 AM
spot on reply m8 :)

Methodixxx
04-07-2003, 04:29 AM
Yeah well replied... we know the score! :evil:

noid_the_droid
07-07-2003, 05:51 AM
and what a pity that no-one would listen to them three years ago techno would be much further advanced had people done so instead of waiting till now to embrace that lovely hi-hat/snare action(yours truely included)

spiralx
07-07-2003, 03:29 PM
actually we did make records like that 3 years ago (in fact longer)
just no one would listen to them
check out breakout on eukatech
or pounding grooves 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc
o techno slut
or some clusters
or or or or
Yeah I've got quite a few of these bits and pieces at home, but I have to say the more recent stuff is definitely better - more driving and chunky.

278d7e64a374de26f==