PDA

View Full Version : Sonar 2005...

Jay Pace
28-06-2005, 05:33 PM
... anyone else go?

Thought it was a beauty.

Curating was a little weird, and line up was decidedly scatty on the friday night.

But the minus showcase was exceptional.
Watching Hawtin outdoors as the sun came up was one of the most outstanding performances I have been priviledged to witness.

Hawtin, we salute you. He just embarasses every other dj on the planet by being that much better.
:shock:
Bring on next year

Bartha... Bartha... Bartha....

Stretch
29-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I went. Hawtin was ok at best. I liked Magda before and Soulwax were good. Best part of the weekend was Weatherall at Moog on the Sunday for me.

ds2
02-07-2005, 10:45 PM
heard good things about hawtin's set at sonar.
any ideas what he was playing?

or better than that anyone got his set?

conflict
03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.paxahau.com/sounds/2005/hmay/05-30-05_richiehawtin_undergroundstage.rm

works fine in mozilla

Jay Pace
06-07-2005, 10:21 AM
"OK at best"?
Stick to bland, predictable and tiresome Soulwax pop bootlegs then.

Hawtin was a hero, and his crowd control was exceptional.
He once said that he didn't see the point in downloading livesets - the whole point was about connecting with the crowd then and there. Plus he must of played around a third of his set with the bass cut, just so that it had a formidable impact when he whacked it back on full. You can't really pick that up with a download. Unless you have a 100k rig in your living room and the bass makes your bones shake. That said I'll look forward to hearing that set again...

Whilst he is essentially just playing other peoples records he goes so much further than anyone else in pushing the potential of djing that he remains in a league of his own.

Can't quite state how good it was being outdoors as the sun came up.
Wah. Mathew Jonson - Marionette still playing in my brain weeks later....

detfella
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
did u catch any of the live code people?

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
hawtin is still the man,cant wait to catch his 5 hour marathon in september.

that underground detroit set is really good,good tunes.....virtuon into 'smoked-metropolis' lovely. :cool:

Bugger
06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Sonar, and Barcelona in general, once again totally blew my mind! Personal highlights include Tiga @ Razz, Miss Kittin, Ellen Allien, Marc Houle, Mathew Jonson, Damian Lazarus @ the beach 'get off the white horse, and ride the wild poney'.

Just amazing!

pumpinglemma
07-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Just went to the dayimt this year, not much techno really but good atmosphere anyway drinking booze out in the sun hehe..

Went to the kompact beach party on sunday also.
Highlights were both in moog.
Caught mills there and dave tarrida for 8euro.
Also christian vogel/andy wetherall on sunday. Vogel was amazing. Best set I've heard by anybody in a good few years. Anyone else see him?

tioneb
09-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Photos from me

http://djtioneb.free.fr/Sonar2005/

and from my mate Strial

http://strial.free.fr/sonar_2005

Only been to the day event the off parties were great , specially the tresor @ Moog with Jeff Mills as special guest !!!! The nite was full of oggd peeps and was very happy to have some good chat with Mills and Rachmad !

http://www.livesets.com/photopost/data/761/4254050616_Tresor_13.jpg

elektrikie
13-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Who was playing before MIlls that night in Moog? Played some really good tunes and set the bar high for the night I thought

Zektor
13-07-2005, 12:16 PM
nice pics, tioneb.

:cool:

tioneb
16-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Who was playing before MIlls that night in Moog? Played some really good tunes and set the bar high for the night I thought

it was Angel Molina, and yeah it was a very good set . hes a really nice dude by the way !

BastardoElectrico
23-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Just downloaded hawtins set i know its probably old news at this stage but **** me amazin....seemed way heavier when i was there bu maybe thats down to the aforementioned 100k soundsystem and a whole load of what load of....
By the way is there a different version of Ur-mad mike- transition or did hawtin just add in the spanish version himself???

Jay Pace
25-07-2005, 01:49 PM
The version of transition I have has the spanish vocal at the end. Just play the record in its entirety.

Think that was just an accapella though. He's been playing it all summer.

I'm not sure that the mix posted here was his Sonar Mix. Its dead good though...

278d7e64a374de26f==