PDA

View Full Version : Creating Refills

slavestudios
28-06-2005, 05:56 PM
anyone done this ?

a mate has a vemona drumachine & i fancy trying to make a refill for little project.

is it easy enuff ?

Mirsha
28-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I've never been able to find Repacker to give it a whirl but I imagnie it's simple enough to use.

RDR
28-06-2005, 11:01 PM
anyone done this ?

a mate has a vemona drumachine & i fancy trying to make a refill for little project.

is it easy enuff ?

yes i have, i have the packer.

slavestudios
29-06-2005, 01:11 AM
good good. have the s/ware (packer etc) so its just a matter of learning how to use it..

right, i'll get on it & hopefully post summat in a month or so

29-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to the reverse of a refil packer ?? ie turn refills into samples ???? That would be very useful!

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to the reverse of a refil packer ?? ie turn refills into samples ???? That would be very useful!
Export everything painstakingly?

The whole concept of a refill is a bit dumb, if you ask me.

You could distribute a zip of samples / patches etc.

RDR
29-06-2005, 03:07 PM

As TM said, there isnt a program that will do it for you.

Howvere there is a little work around.

You can use autoplay in the refill browser in Reason, soundforge and some of SF's functions to make it a little bit quicker.

Go into the folder containing the samples you want to rip. turn on autoplay in reason. Get soundforge recording and slowly go through the samples letting them play through.

When you have finished use autoregion in SF to seperate these samples and use the region to sample function to split em into seperate files, the saving them is up to you, but it gets round some of the problems.

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 03:09 PM

You can use autoplay in the refill browser in Reason, soundforge and some of SF's functions to make it a little bit quicker.

Go into the folder containing the samples you want to rip. turn on autoplay in reason. Get soundforge recording and slowly go through the samples letting them play through.

When you have finished use autoregion in SF to seperate these samples and use the region to sample function to split em into seperate files, the saving them is up to you, but it gets round some of the problems.

I bet a refill is just a zip, or a tar.gz or something anyway.

Bit of poking around someone clever could work it out.

stjohn
29-06-2005, 03:30 PM

sound advice there, ive always been afraid to start exportin them all! but that sounds handy enough :clap:

RDR
29-06-2005, 03:37 PM

I bet a refill is just a zip, or a tar.gz or something anyway.

Bit of poking around someone clever could work it out.

Im not a programmer tho TM. And no-one has done it yet, and if they have it wont be commercial as the Prop boys wouldnt allow it, too much invested in the format. Be nice if someone would tho.

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Im not a programmer tho TM. And no-one has done it yet, and if they have it wont be commercial as the Prop boys wouldnt allow it, too much invested in the format. Be nice if someone would tho.

I'll have a poke in a bit when I get a chance.

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, looks more complex than I thought.

RDR
30-06-2005, 11:12 AM

Im sure its their own propriatry format, but like yourself im willing to bet its based on existing code. but which one?

TechMouse
30-06-2005, 11:13 AM

Im sure its their own propriatry format, but like yourself im willing to bet its based on existing code. but which one?

Well, looking at the bumph it roughly halves the size of wavs etc.

Not sure what offers that kind of lossless compression over wav.

278d7e64a374de26f==