PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX2

AcidTrash
29-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I have 2 soundcards and I want one track to play through one sound card and the other to play through the other in the same cubase project. Is this possible?

also, on the subject of sx2 , how do I stretch a track to a the same tempo as the one thats already in?

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 09:44 AM
No idea re: your first quetsion.

also, on the subject of sx2 , how do I stretch a track to a the same tempo as the one thats already in?

Timestretching in Cubase (in SX 1 at least) is a bit sketchy over a whole track, it's much more effective to cut a wav (or whatever) into smaller phrases (e.g. 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 / 16) bars and then timestretch them.

1. Select the bit of wav you want to stretch.

2. Move the loop markers so they highlight the area the wav should take up in the new tempo.

3. Right click on wav ==> Timestretch.

4. Click on "set to loop markers" (or whatever it is).

5. Click process.

Should do it. ;)

If you're determined to be timestretching whole tracks, Ableton is much friendlier, with it's warp markers.

AcidTrash
29-06-2005, 10:44 AM
its gone a bit sketchy. was hoping cubase could do it but it looks like i'm sticking with acid for this sort of thing. I keep opening Ableton but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 10:45 AM
its gone a bit sketchy. was hoping cubase could do it but it looks like i'm sticking with acid for this sort of thing. I keep opening Ableton but it just doesn't make any sense to me.
Probably best mate.

It's good to have a selection of tools and use different things for what they're best at. There is no such thing as a one-stop-shop for music production.

It's like hi-fi seperates, innit.

278d7e64a374de26f==