PDA

View Full Version : C-Loops (formally known as Cycloops)

yeswehavetheright
29-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Has anyone ever used one of these before?
I was wandering if they were any good, and if they could take the place of an extra deck. I use 3 decks by the way but would like to fiddle about with a 4th to see how I could get it to sound.

The sampler on the DJM600 is pretty good but I'd never use it live. You can't EQ the output, store multiple samples and when you switch it on it can be a bit of a bugger to get going in time with the records you've got playing. Sometimes it struggles with the BPM so it keeps changing the loop start/end point and knackering the loop up during playback.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

nervous systems
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
its brilliant, it stores loops of 1,2,4,8&16 bars. its very easy to use. i just use mine for taking loops of the record iam playing and meesing about with it. sometimes i use it for vocals over the mix and very rarely use it as a 3rd deck.

FILTERZ
07-07-2005, 11:49 AM
not personally , but i have a friend who uses one in his dj sets and loves it to bits , says its very easy and quick to fire some loops off.

yeswehavetheright
08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
its brilliant, it stores loops of 1,2,4,8&16 bars. its very easy to use. i just use mine for taking loops of the record iam playing and meesing about with it. sometimes i use it for vocals over the mix and very rarely use it as a 3rd deck.

Cool. How easy have you found it when using as a 3rd deck? When your tunes start to drift out which do you adjust, the c-loops or the deck?

neilried
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Cool. How easy have you found it when using as a 3rd deck? When your tunes start to drift out which do you adjust, the c-loops or the deck?

The deck!!!!! You hold the resample button and tap the errase all button on the cycloops and it locks the bpm of the unit so it doesnt try to keep up if your beats start to drift...

Other cool thing with this is you can independantly queue the samples allongside each other... tap the sample button twice and hold it down on the second tap and the display changes. then use the jog wheel to line up your samples. (single tap and hold gives you volume control, -9 and +6 db)

Bad ass toy, lots of fun to be had... and you can pick up how to use in the time it takes to play one side of a record....

neilried
08-07-2005, 05:53 PM
The sampler on the DJM600 is pretty good but I'd never use it live. You can't EQ the output, store multiple samples and when you switch it on it can be a bit of a bugger to get going in time with the records you've got playing. Sometimes it struggles with the BPM so it keeps changing the loop start/end point and knackering the loop up during playback.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Another cool thing with this..it feeds of the headphone out so if you are also using a DJM 600, dont forget you can queue the effects... so you can take a loop then play it back through the mixer including the FX and sample it again so you can make up edits of the same loop... all on yer cans too...

Shit description but I know what I mean.... :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==