PDA

View Full Version : Pants cacking time. Urgent moral support needed!!!!!

MARKEG
29-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Well I got the flyer through for our Live PA in Brazil and I have to say, once you see a flyer with your name on it you suddenly think to yourself 'Holy shit'. And this is a holy shit of massive proportions. It's funny but I reckon this is going to be like the first ever time I DJ'ed in front of a big crowd. Chrissi will no doubt be cacking herself too :lol:

Flyer looks OK don't you think (apart from the ugly cunt at the back). Was thinking of getting a banner made up to drap across the equipment, like with a symbol on it or something (I've got something pretty good to mind actually).. Perhaps some T-Shirts too, just to give out for the occasion.

Anyway 4 weeks to go. I need a god damn holiday hahahaha.

Please reassure me the computer isnt going to crash LOL :)

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/frente.jpg

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 02:45 PM
You look well serious on there dude.

Angry Techno.

dan the acid man
29-06-2005, 02:45 PM
cool, good luck, you'll be fine, just dont spill your beer over all your equipment :lol: :lol:

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Dude, you'll be fine. You'll get nerves, but you'll get 5 minutes into it and realise the crowd is loving every minute, and then it'll be magic.

Ritzi Lee
29-06-2005, 02:52 PM
you're looking scared man :lol:

audioinjection
29-06-2005, 02:53 PM
hell yeah mark, its gonna rock

xfive
29-06-2005, 02:56 PM
hahah that's ace :clap:

Si the Sigh
29-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Good luck cunt face...

;)

RDR
29-06-2005, 03:03 PM
As for the computer....

Are you going to take a backup or organise one for while you are there? How about getting another harddrive with the same stuff on it in case that goes down.

Have you got driver disks and program install disks made up? Have you made a backup of your live session including samples etc?

have you checked plugs for loose wires and are you taking spare fuses for all your equipment?

Have you got some tracks on Cd or vinyl you can play as a stop gap if it all goes tits up or you need a bit of breathing space to sort out an issue?

just a few ideas, im sure it will go well! im looking forward to hearing the recording!

yeswehavetheright
29-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Maybe a nice haircut would lesson the impact a little? ;)

Kevin Gorman
29-06-2005, 03:40 PM
This is really cool!! I know you and Chrissi will rock the place. I wish you both the best of luck with your Live PA. Are you guys going to record this?

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 03:58 PM
loving the flyer mark, very 2Unlimted!

youl have a ball no doubt

ampassasinbirmingham
29-06-2005, 05:26 PM
youll lap it up.

sureley youve dj'd in front of a big crowd before?

lau
29-06-2005, 07:40 PM
loving the flyer mark, very 2Unlimted!

WHOEHAHAHAHA that's just f*cking hilarious :lol:

ennieways think you'll be alright mark... just play your shit and they'll love it...

alsynthe
29-06-2005, 07:48 PM
all the best with it, hope to see it in the uk sometime soon!!!

dirty_bass
29-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Ah don`t worry.
Well, do
I still pop a turtle head every time I play live, but as soon as you start up the old jallopy and the beats kick in, you`ll be fine, you god damn rock monster(s) you.

The Overfiend
29-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Can't fail I mean comon' Snoop's gonna be there
http://irrelevantminutiae.com/oak/hitit/snoop%20hitit.bmp

The Overfiend
29-06-2005, 09:07 PM
http://irrelevantminutiae.com/oak/hitit/snoop-hitit.jpg

audioinjection
29-06-2005, 10:09 PM
http://irrelevantminutiae.com/oak/hitit/snoop-hitit.jpg

lol

SlavikSvensk
29-06-2005, 11:12 PM
mark...the first time i saw you play was in 1997...i had no idea who you were, but i was dragged to a party at bagleys, against my wishes, on the promise that there would be techno. so i went to where you were playing and, i gotta say, i don't think i'd ever seen anyone having so much FUN behind the decks.

for that reason alone i can't imagine you having anything less than a total blast playing to a big crowd...

Evil G
29-06-2005, 11:19 PM
playing your own music live is like going on stage naked, but if you've got it, flaunt it. ;)

Komplex
30-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Don't forget to print a distinct, large logo onto photo paper (or a vinyl cut) and stick it onto the back of your laptop screen. Banner would be cool too, but don't let it cover all the cables and stuff cus cables look rad :)

Good luck with it man :)

...and nice pose ;)

tocsin
30-06-2005, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't sweat it at all, Mark. You'll find that with just about any musical performance where you are doing something, once you start it's really no different than playing for a small crowd. The only difference is the nerves before you go on. That's actually helped me. But, if you feel like you're nerves are taking over, get one stiff drink. Nothing more though. ;)

tocsin
30-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Oh, yeah. As for the computer, if most of your performance (if not all) will be done through that, grab a drive imaging program. Norton tookover the old Powerquest software which was called Drive Image. Basically, before you leave, get your computer set up to look exactly how you want it. Then, run the drive image program. Basically, it creates a complete backup of your machine to CD, DVD, external drive, or whatever you want. If any bad shit happens, you just pop in the backup CDs and you can restore your machine to it's ideal state in about 10-20 minutes.

slavestudios
30-06-2005, 01:04 AM
you'll be fine mark..

once you get the first thumpin kick in, the show will jus fly in.

best of to chrissi & your good self.. :clap:

DONT FORGET TO RECORD THE SET ! ! !

WE WANNA HEAR ! ! !

tocsin
30-06-2005, 01:40 AM
BTW, Mark, since you're going to be in Brazil, if you decide to go the one drink route, grab a Caiprinia if they sell it in the venue. It's a pretty sweet drink (which I wouldn't usually like) which is strong as hell and very tastey. It's sugar cane alcohol poured in with a large amount of sliced limes. Very good and just about right to kill the nerves without losing the ability to function.

slavestudios
30-06-2005, 02:26 AM
you'll be fine mark..

once you get the first thumpin kick in, the show will jus fly in.

best of to chrissi & your good self.. :clap:

DONT FORGET TO RECORD THE SET ! ! !

WE WANNA HEAR ! ! !

meant to be a 'luck' in there lol

tocsin
30-06-2005, 02:43 AM
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/frente.jpg

=

http://www.bbarak.cz/admin/images/news/pic_725.jpg

Remarkable likeness there, no? And Snoop is in the house. Reunited at last. :p :clap:

schlongfingers
30-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Caiprinia

Hey, I agree with you one something! :twisted:

acidsaturation
30-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Good luck...
It'll be great I'm sure, just let all the tension and nerves channel into the music the moment you hit the start button and turn that nervous energy to power...

fatcollective
30-06-2005, 09:36 AM
you'll be fine, just like djing, once that beat slams in the adrenalin takes over and all the nerves disappear. i dont think its worth worrying about the PC stalling, because if it does there aint anything you can do about it anyway. it will be cool, no doubt you will rock the socks off brazil, just enjoy yourself man, both of you ;)

The Divide
30-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Best of luck boss, you'll rock it

davethedrummer
30-06-2005, 02:37 PM
your computer will crash halfway through
it'll take at least 75 mins to reboot
by that time everyone will have left
and you'll be standing on your own in a big empty room.......in tears

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TechMouse
30-06-2005, 02:40 PM

Funny name for a nightclub...

Si the Sigh
30-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Talking from personal experience there mate? :lol:

dan the acid man
30-06-2005, 02:53 PM
you know what, if it does go tits up and your laptop/pc crashes, just smash it up and call it rock and roll

TechMouse
30-06-2005, 02:55 PM
you know what, if it does go tits up and your laptop/pc crashes, just smash it up and call it rock and roll

Remember, laptop smashed over head = considerably more painful than 12" smashed over head.

jon connor
30-06-2005, 05:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: well about bloody time :lol: good luck with this mark, and chissie here is a message from jon scon :protest: FOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG GGGGG AVVVVVITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :protest: :bash: :love: :love: :love:

"SHOW THEM BRAZILIANS HOW TO GO BRAZIL NUTS "

mark i would like a recording of this please! please! please! :drool:

gunjack
30-06-2005, 05:59 PM
hey mang don't forget to preach the gospel ;) be safe in your travels! i fly up to the states in a couple days too so wish me luck as well............................

Will
01-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Worst case scenario - you'll never get booked to do another Anxious PA again, or not for a while at least, wouldn't be the end of the world... I assume they wouldn't lynch you, haha. Dancing or other physical exercise is a good way of getting rid of nerves I think, since it's when the adrenalin's pumping when it's not needed, so you have excess energy to get rid of I beleive...

The Overfiend
01-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Blackout Audio Shittin' on the comp.
Straight up.

holotropik
01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Best of luck dude (and dudette).

Give'em heaps matey ;)

I also want a listen if you record it - I collect live-sets.

jon connor
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
here is an idea :lol: with all these clever techno proffesors we got on here why not blast it live over the internet so we can all tune in ???????? im sure you geezers can sort summit out , but then again i think mark is already nervous without all us lot tuning in aswell heheheheheh !!!!!! just an idea :lol: howz about it ? :eh:

capone13
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Best of luck for the night mark, hope it goes well mate when the time comes. :dance:

Honeey
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Do what you always do; in the end you’re just using a different instrument.
If you know your instrument well it will be fine.

Heroes
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
you look like a "kiddie fiddler"

TechMouse
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
you look like a "kiddie fiddler"
aka "Child Violin Prodigy".

bananas
08-07-2005, 10:23 PM
playing your own music live is like going on stage naked, but if you've got it, flaunt it. ;)

Yeah, says the Ashlee Simpson of techno.

What is it like hitting "play" on your computer on stage and then faking it? sort of like not wearing a hat?

BRADLEE
08-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Isn't that the pic of you two from Discogs Mark???

anx
09-07-2005, 12:17 AM

What is it like hitting "play" on your computer on stage and then faking it? sort of like not wearing a hat?

did you register specifically to cuss out G?

rockymountain house? who's this?

Honeey
09-07-2005, 01:19 AM

Ya what the **** G has hella gear and uses it on stage and he rocks it!

Honeey
09-07-2005, 01:19 AM

comment = too much glue

Honeey
09-07-2005, 01:21 AM

comment = too much glue

I mean bananas comment lol meef

Mindful
09-07-2005, 01:45 AM

kin hell im hunched over my sisters computer laffing out loud to my self like a mad man to that one

Mindful
09-07-2005, 01:48 AM
thats the sort of support you need from yer mates :lol:

anyways good luck to yous both ill be there dancing and cheering.........................................
..................shit no I wont im gonna be stuck in Manchester watching the rain :doh:

bananas
09-07-2005, 03:46 AM
I was referring to the Konvergence set - FAKED. but i'm the only one besides G that knows that.

and he bought all his hella techno gear while living in my house for almost free. Believe me, I know all about the techno gear - that's what he used me for.

So if telling the truth is slagging someone, so be it.

I'm mad - i just found out he ripped me off, ok?

Keep admiring the formerly fake techno guy. At least he learned to play for real for the listening room.

Honeey and anx - you guys still rock, you just don't know what you're talking about.

later.

karla

xfive
09-07-2005, 05:04 AM
bananas are high in potassium.

Mindful
09-07-2005, 05:13 AM
:lol:

Evil G
09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I was referring to the Konvergence set - FAKED. but i'm the only one besides G that knows that.

and he bought all his hella techno gear while living in my house for almost free. Believe me, I know all about the techno gear - that's what he used me for.

So if telling the truth is slagging someone, so be it.

I'm mad - i just found out he ripped me off, ok?

Keep admiring the formerly fake techno guy. At least he learned to play for real for the listening room.

Honeey and anx - you guys still rock, you just don't know what you're talking about.

later.

karla

it's true. the first time i ever played my own tunes in front of people, i played wav files, and i regretted doing it, which is why i wouldn't play another live show until i had an actual live set worked out. the most recent outing was done completely with a sampler, keyboard, mixer and fx. no computer or recordings.

too bad you missed it. i was pretty happy with how it went.

Evil G
09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
ps. sorry you thread got jacked mark. sigh.

Martin Dust
09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Cacking your pants is part of it but one tip is to have a record cued on the decks in case it goes tits, that's what we do...

DJ Becka
09-07-2005, 08:34 PM

Nice moral support....some friend you are :lol:

Hey Mark....what date will you be in Brazil? Just out of curiousity......

Oh, and good luck, but be careful....

jonnyspeed
10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
My only advise I can give you after seeing you a few times. Try to vary your tunes so they don't just sound like the same old hard techno anybody could have mixed. try to 'mix' it up a bit - more sub-bass and definately something more then intro, break, kickoff, into, break, kick off, yawn. try some tunes with different beat structures to them - try to supprise the crowd.

278d7e64a374de26f==