PDA

View Full Version : ABLETON REGISTRY KEYS

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know where the registry keys hide for Ableton???
I'm having an issue with the ocean M.dll being correupt or something. However un-installing and re-installing isn't working. It leaves the aplication unlocked. Which tells me that it still holds registry values after you un-install and remove the folders asscoiated with it.

Give me a hand guys. I'm trying ot get the laptop proper for tomorrow gig and I can't do that without the midi controllers... :doh:

xfive
01-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Nup sorry :neutral:

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I've re-tried multiple times, but I keep having the same issues. However Live works fine on my studio PC. So I really don't understand. I've not have this issue before.

Mirsha
01-07-2005, 08:43 PM
These forums are are not warez sites and you should keep any discussion of warez out of forums entirely.

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 08:54 PM
No I didn't ask for a registration code amigo, I meant where Windows hides the reg keys in REGEDIT. So I can delete them to re-install the application.

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 09:18 PM
not sure to be honest, i'll have a look around to see if i can find it, i'll post up if i do

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Cool Dano that would be good. I'm just having a tough time finding it. Even performed a search in reg edit and could not locate any association to live or to Ableton. :doh:

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah same here, its a bitch to find

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
F*CK man if I have to I'll bring my Studio PC out, but what a bitch that will be.

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 11:07 PM
mine isnt even listed in my registry which is weird, that cant be right :doh:

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 11:14 PM
That's what I'm saying...Maybe it is listed as something else???

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 11:28 PM
had a thorough look through and nothing looks like its related to ableton, the file your having problems with is in program files under ableton live and in a folder called program, but surely theres got to be something in the registry :doh:

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah I know where the DLL lives and it appears in there when I get this message. Well I have another little something I will try. Hopefully it works out ok.

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
well looking deeper into regedit ive so fa found a couple of files

in running win2k, but if your running xp im sure its similar.

under hkey local machine in the folder called classes, theres a file called .als, it says this is a live document.
also further down the list of folders theres a folder called live document

BRADLEE
01-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah I removed those already. I think those are project associations. Whenever you save a project, it has to referance itself int he registry I believe. I'm not 100% sure, but I did remove those as well and that did not remedy the issue.

At this point I'm really just thinking of dragging out my other machine. If I have to I will do what I have to do.

dan the acid man
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
yeah, i think your right, they're the only thing ive found in the registry though, theres nothing else that ive found, and ive pretty much looked everywhere.

looks like your hauling your pc out :doh:

lau
02-07-2005, 12:05 AM
I had that problem too.. just search for the file on your computer or get one from your friends with ableton.. than put it in the right folder..

John Ferraris
02-07-2005, 01:18 AM
There's a tool u can download that 'reverse engineers' (i.e. crackers) use to trace what happens during the install process, i.e. files created, registry changes etc. I'd give u a name, but its slipped me at this moment :)

loopdon
02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
filemon
regmon

:lol:

audioinjection
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
yeahhhmon

The Overfiend
05-07-2005, 06:43 AM
don whos your avatar/?

RDR
05-07-2005, 07:56 AM
don whos your avatar/?

yeah, i was wondering that too.

she pretty.

nova
05-07-2005, 02:19 PM
don whos your avatar/?

she pretty.

i whould of thout pretty much everyone on here has thout that :lol:

lau
05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
don whos your avatar/?

she pretty.

i whould of thout pretty much everyone on here has thout that :lol:
MAAANN I'M IN LOVE...!!! SHE HOT!!! :love:

Can hardly wait till I'm done with my ****** study to visit south east asia for 7 months... I just know there will be ample girlzz like that over there ;)

Elvio Neto
12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
this is not a warez site but...

i have ableton live 4.1 from the site then i found the crack on emule and it works perfect!

full registed and unlocked!

lau
12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
this is not a warez site but...

i have ableton live 4.1 from the site then i found the crack on emule and it works perfect!

full registed and unlocked!

Yeah it works perfect for about a month.... but than...... ahh well you'll see..

MARKEG
12-07-2005, 12:40 PM
then bye bye ableton??? :doh: :lol:

let's hope you're not in the middle of a live set

:oops:

TechMouse
12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
You'd be a bit foolish to be gigging with a cracked copy of Ableton.

1. It could f*ck up at any time.

Seriously - no matter how solid you think it is, programmers are crafty f*ckers, and the stuff they build into their software to make it hard for you to use it illegally is insanely complicated and often very effective.

See how hard it can be just to make a computer behave as expected? See what a miracle it is that computers can achieve the things they do, through the millions of tiny calculations? Now imagine how easy it is for someone who's competent to break it from the inside if they so desire...

2. They'll be watching.

It's rumoured heavily that Ableton aren't above sending representatives out to gigs / club nights where an artist is billed as doing an Ableton set / live PA, to check their licences are all in order. It's as quick as them checking your serial number against their database, and if you refuse they can get a court order.

Besides, those people at Ableton are legends - they've put together one of the most brilliant pieces of software to emerge in the last few years, and they deserve the credit and the profit.

BRADLEE
12-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah I finally broke down and paid for it. It's too good not to have a proper copy. I would suggest the same to the rest as well. ;)

MARKEG
12-07-2005, 10:36 PM
you should always have a ligit copy of your fave sequencing software in my eyes. it's your workhorse and as such needs to be treated with the respect it deserves. plus you need it as stable as hell.

ableton is a fantastic piece of software and it's so cheap. if you're pro in this game, you really need to be thinking of making your main software legit i reckon, just out of thanks to the programmers that gave you a life in this game ;)

Louk
13-07-2005, 11:19 AM
messanger how did the set go?

Louk

BRADLEE
13-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Actually the set went very well. I didn't have any troubles at all luckily.

FIK
14-07-2005, 08:33 AM
I totally agree with Mark. If you buy a copy, the ableton-team will be glad to sort out your problems.

Elvio Neto
15-07-2005, 12:51 PM
i have ableton 4.1 sinze hes been releazed whit the crack, and always work.

but if you work whit em BUY A COPY de programers desirve it!

if one day i need it i buy a copy for sure.

BRADLEE
16-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Well just got my Legal Copy and I'd have to say it's much more stable. Plus anyone who Unlocks live 4.0 after the date of 06/05/2005 will be given a free serial for live 5.0 when it is released. So it's well worth it.

278d7e64a374de26f==