PDA

View Full Version : Cari's "Well of Infinity" Locked Grooves

Xtraction
19-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Anyone got good finds in Hard Grooves (Locked ones, that is). I like The Speedy J "Loudboxer" collection, DE9 set is good add-ins, I also collected the "Illegal Loops" collection, but this set, 2 records times three sets, is all PURELY pop samples and loops for main themes (which I've heard pretty much all of them used at least once, if not twice). Any other good recommended selections?

Pathogen
19-06-2003, 09:33 PM
got some great stuff from the space djs ...... will dig them out and try to ID them, but im fairly sure there either whites or aint got no info on them.

Patrick
19-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Also got DE9 parts which is my favourite.

Check on Jeff Mills - Cyclye 30. That's got some good locked grooves on it I think.

I've also got Ben Long - Ergonomix part 1.

And for the old school flavour I've got Acid Burned My Phuckin Brain. 200 original ass kickin acid locked grooves. This was released on Kompakt(Cologne). There's a whole series on Kompakt worth looking out for - Cologne Cyclez 1,2 & 3 and also Illegal Loopz 1 & 2 (don't think this is the same set as you mention).

Got a few others I can't remember at the moment. I'll try and dig them out and post the details for ya. Some of them are white labels so also won't have any more details. Also one of them is a house locked grooves thing which probably isn't of any interest.

Ha ha, just noticed the sleeve note on Acid says "sampling from this record is not advised because you would then be an un-creative moron" which is pretty funny considering some of the threads on here recently about sampling.

ampassasinbirmingham
19-06-2003, 10:44 PM
my friend used to be lock groove mad and hes got some quality ones. hes got the ignition technition ones which are top and the ben long ones.

for loadsa loops check the awakenings festival homepage. lots of djs have contributed lock grooves to the site and i thnk there are around 70 in total.

Sunil
20-06-2003, 12:15 AM
the ones I've used most in the past have been by Jamie Bissmire and Glenn Wilson

Xtraction
20-06-2003, 10:41 PM
yeah.... I got a Space DJs record w/ 3 locked grooves on it.......very good. A couple of the Heroes (and Remix) have some on them, as well. The Blu release Glenn Wilson-Violations has those Drunken Loops, which really kick ass. I also got Chaos and Order, which most of the tracks end in locked grooves. I will have to agree w/ Mark on the computer vox, though........I dunno.

Tr3v0r

278d7e64a374de26f==