PDA

View Full Version : Scott 'Kemix' - S.A.W 666

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
www.makeshiftrecordingstudio.com/SAW.mp3

Feedback much appreciated (18c)

dirty_bass
04-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Not bad, although tainted for me by the fact that SAW was a film far too dark and ****ed up to be done justice by techno.
Charlie Clousers soundtrack for the film just csan`t be beat. Pure electronic genius.

This tune could do with something hapening after the break as really, it doesn`t progress.

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 12:08 PM
thank you for havin a listen, but how can anything be to dark for techno?

Anyway cheers. ;)

dirty_bass
04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
thank you for havin a listen, but how can anything be to dark for techno?

Anyway cheers. ;)

Cos techno isn`t dark. Well not conventional techno anyway.

AcidTrash
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
this is wicked

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 03:08 PM
nice 1 pete, really enjoyed makin this one. Was a bit sceptical about posting tracks here but am glad i did now.

cheers ;)

AcidTrash
04-07-2005, 03:35 PM
is this going on vinyl? I wannit!

eyes without a face
04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
needs much more of a bassline in there, there's certainly plenty of room for one at the moment sounds very locked groove'y, too loopy and needs more going on

production sound's pretty ok on it, but definately needs more going on

AcidTrash
04-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Sounds fine to me. I don't llike techno like this to be cluttered. If you're fast cueing up the next record you can make the most basic tune rock like no other. Definately a perfect tool for for some long mixing and chopping. Stuff like this takes on its own charachter in a mix.

eyes without a face
04-07-2005, 03:49 PM
he asked

dirty_bass
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
sorry yeah, didn`t really reply properly.
Production wise this is ok.
Sounds a little muddy in the low mid, and overall comes across as a bit dry.
Sounds a little too digital if you get my meaning.
that main riff (the 2 note thing) is a little over done if you go back and look at acid techno releases over the last few years, and something a little more interesting could be done with that sound.
This is a pretty good DJ tool, but seems to lack polish, phatness and width.

Pheeva
04-07-2005, 07:05 PM
needs much more of a bassline in there, there's certainly plenty of room for one at the moment sounds very locked groove'y, too loopy and needs more going on

production sound's pretty ok on it, but definately needs more going on

I made this track intentionally without a bassline, as the main low end rumble comes from offbeat kick drum patterns etc. There is no locked groove'y in there at all as the track progresses and things drop. I appreciate your view though, but dont entirely agree. Everyone has an idea of how techno should sound and thats cool.

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:09 PM
oops sorry that was me, forgot to log in

eyes without a face
04-07-2005, 07:11 PM
i didnt say there was a locked groove in there, but it sounds far too shallow without more low end in there, favourably in the shape of a bassline... in the nicest possible way please dont go the route of some on here of posting tracks and then just disagreeing with the comments given, just take them on board and say thanks as it will save any unneccesary confusion, obviously we all have a different view of how techno sounds but that doesnt come into it, in the context of the production of this track it definately lacks and has a certain feeling of emptiness about it at the moment

its a good track, just could be better :clap: ;)

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM

maybe pete, might think about putting it out on a b-side for GWR002. :lol:

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM

maybe pete, might think about putting it out on a b-side for GWR002. :lol:

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:21 PM
i didnt say there was a locked groove in there, but it sounds far too shallow without more low end in there, favourably in the shape of a bassline... in the nicest possible way please dont go the route of some on here of posting tracks and then just disagreeing with the comments given, just take them on board and say thanks as it will save any unneccesary confusion, obviously we all have a different view of how techno sounds but that doesnt come into it, in the context of the production of this track it definately lacks and has a certain feeling of emptiness about it at the moment

its a good track, just could be better :clap: ;)

I am not saying this track is perfect, and i know there is room for improvement. From what i have read on here though there is alot of negativity in the form of feedback, as opposed to 'positive'. Again i will take your views onboard and will re-post it, put a bassline in it, and try to make it sound less empty. Any suggestions?

fresh_an_funky_design
04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
plenty of energy in this tune, cant really comment on sound as i've listened to it on shite speakers. Good to see people breaking out the dvd's!! I reckon it needs something to come in after the main break though, something that'll really grab you buy the throat. Liking this though! :clap:

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:32 PM
:shock: ;)

j_s
04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
sounds pretty good to me. as has been mentioned it's a little lacking in bass and i'm also not sure about the stabby riff, but it seems like a fairly solid track on the whole...

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
cool, i was gonna leave the mastering to lawrie to phatten up the bass etc. Think i will adjust that stabby riff though, as i thought it was pretty constant. Any suggestions for the riff??? More notes??? or less to make it a bit more minimal

cheers

dirty_bass
04-07-2005, 07:54 PM
cool, i was gonna leave the mastering to lawrie to phatten up the bass etc. Think i will adjust that stabby riff though, as i thought it was pretty constant. Any suggestions for the riff??? More notes??? or less to make it a bit more minimal

cheers

I`d get as much done as possible before you send it too lawrie to master.
The bass should be sorted before it reaches the vinyl cutting stage as they only make minor tweaks.
Maybe more notes, or something other than that rising 2 note riff that you here too often.
I`d double it up with another warmer sound, as this track over all sounds a bit too dry and soft studio-ey

Scott Kemix
04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
As i said i dont want to add a bassline, just boost the bass freq at the mastering stage to add a nice punch to it. Cool will double up with another riff maybe, though i dont think it sounds soft studio-ey as most the kit i used to produce it was analog stuff.....i.e. outboard effects, and a virus c. Must be the mp3 quality you are hearing.

cheers though ;)

dirty_bass
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Could be the mp3. It may be that the sounds are over dry. Dunno. It just sounds a little "cardboard-ey". Hard to explain, but I guess it`s the lack of sinewaves.

fatcollective
04-07-2005, 11:59 PM
hahah scott about time you started up loading tracks.

i like this track mate, will deffo work on da floor. good stuff man :clap:

ste

dan the acid man
05-07-2005, 12:23 AM
i do like this, some nice things going on, but i agree with dirty and eyes, its lacking a few things.
now i can see what your saying, this was how you wanted to make the tune, you could have added a bassline etc if you wanted to, but unfortunately, whats making this a normal bog standard, nothing special tune and not being a great track that people must go out and buy and play is the lack of bassline, the lack of some different riffs here and there, the lack of analogue fluctuating and breathing.

its not negative feedback, its positive, listen to what people are saying and use it to build on.

saw is a great film by the way :cool:

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Could be the mp3. It may be that the sounds are over dry. Dunno. It just sounds a little "cardboard-ey". Hard to explain, but I guess it`s the lack of sinewaves.

sinewaves? I did not want to put any sine waves into the track hense not adding a bassline. "cardboard-ey"? is there anything else that wrong with it? :lol:

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 10:17 AM
i do like this, some nice things going on, but i agree with dirty and eyes, its lacking a few things.
now i can see what your saying, this was how you wanted to make the tune, you could have added a bassline etc if you wanted to, but unfortunately, whats making this a normal bog standard, nothing special tune and not being a great track that people must go out and buy and play is the lack of bassline, the lack of some different riffs here and there, the lack of analogue fluctuating and breathing.

its not negative feedback, its positive, listen to what people are saying and use it to build on.

saw is a great film by the way :cool:

cheers man, i will take everything thats said about the track and move on, though i dont think the lack off bassline could stop the track selling. I have bought load of wicked tunes lately that dont have basslines, that are drum led tracks and these are the ones that do it for me. I agree about the riff thing, maybe a few different pattern switches here and there will help. I dont know what you mean by the lack of analogue fluctuating and breathing, as i did not want to over compress this track to create that effect overall.

nice, yep saw is a great film ;)

dan the acid man
05-07-2005, 11:53 AM
the anologue fluctuating and breathing was more for the synth, it sounds too digital overall, it could do with a few subtle filter movements to make it more anologue sounding

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 11:59 AM
ah cool, i tend to use filter type automation/movement on riffs that contain more notes, as opposed to simple stabby riffs. The sound that is used is off a virus c synth, and like most of the samples on there they have alot of warmth and analogue feel to them i think. Will adjust this though to see the desired effect.,

cheers man

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 12:35 PM
this is olid.

in regards to what eyes & bass say, i like trax like this to have space to let another track right over the top straight away..

the fact there is little bassline means when you mix a track with big bass & drop it, the impact will kill...

Good Work Kemix :clap: :clap: :clap:

if i was still playing vinyl & techno, i'd have 2 copies of this.

love the triplet breaks

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 12:45 PM
cheers, that was where i was comin from with this track. I made it for the dj, where i find most tunes with basslines that stand out tend to fight over each other in the mix. :clap:

Pheeva
05-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I really like this track, would go down well on the dancefloor!
Nice errie & dark, deffo a release for the future :clap:

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
cheers, that was where i was comin from with this track. I made it for the dj, where i find most tunes with basslines that stand out tend to fight over each other in the mix. :clap:

Unless you use EQ when you mix
Ok fair enough, no more production tips for you when you post.
Sorry

eyes without a face
05-07-2005, 03:56 PM
agreed with Steve, i apologise also for trying to help you out ;)

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Unless you use EQ when you mix
Ok fair enough, no more production tips for you when you post.
Sorry

:roll:

dan the acid man
05-07-2005, 03:59 PM
i suppose its because we hate dj tools, ive never understood the meaning of them to be honest

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 04:03 PM
i suppose its because we hate dj tools, ive never understood the meaning of them to be honest

I don`t agree with making life easy for DJ`s.
It`s easy enough as it is to mix 2 tunes of similar tempo together that go BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM so they know where the beat is. So why make it easier?
Instead of making a good complete tune, why leave it up to them to make it out of other tunes?
I say kill the DJ`s and long live the musicians :twisted:

Erm, off topic I know :roll:

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Calm down guys think you are takin it to heart, that other people have different opinions. I have took what you said into account and dont know what more you want me to say.

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 04:06 PM

It`s easy enough as it is to mix 2 tunes of similar tempo together that go BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM so they know where the beat is. So why make it easier?
Instead of making a good complete tune, why leave it up to them to make it out of other tunes?

ach f**k of DB.. how many times can u trot this line out ? ? ?

so u dont like tools. dont mean we cant. some of us like to use 3 turntables & fx to blend minimil elements.. even if those minimil elements are brainless 'BOOM BOOM BOOM' as you put it..

this 'anti dj tool' s**t is gettin tired man...

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Calm down guys think you are takin it to heart, that other people have different opinions. I have took what you said into account and dont know what more you want me to say.

Go away, we're going off topic now, what does this have to do with you anyway?
:oops:
oh
erm
sorry
:lol:

eyes without a face
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
not taking it to heart at all, to be honest i dont care what you do to the track as its not mine but when u put it up for people to check, instead of trying to counter any seemingly negative comments with justifications for the comments i.e i made it without a bassline etc etc just say cool and thanks for listening... or better still explain ur intentions when u post say "this is a dj tool and therefore doesnt have such and such so all comments on the production side of things wud be apreciated still"

the best Dj tools ive found still have very noticable, effective basslines in them, be it a 1 bar or 2 bar loop, but still a very chunky, sizeable bassline in there, and to me your track doesnt sound much like a tool imo, it just sounds like a track thats lacking a bassline as the rest of the mix doesnt fill enough of the spectrum to compensate for this

right anyone for a brew always calms us down haha ;)

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 04:16 PM
That your opinion, and thats fine. Got no prob's with that. ;)

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 04:18 PM

ach f**k of DB.. how many times can u trot this line out ? ? ?

so u dont like tools. dont mean we cant. some of us like to use 3 turntables & fx to blend minimil elements.. even if those minimil elements are brainless 'BOOM BOOM BOOM' as you put it..

this 'anti dj tool' s**t is gettin tired man...

pah, the words of a DJ (he says, in the same way you would say, nazi)

:cool:

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 04:20 PM
? <------ insert smiley with poking out tongue with pint of Guiness that respects opinion even though it can piss on it from time tto time :lol:

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM

kill the dj? So whom do you make your tracks for? :lol: ;)

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 04:25 PM
musicians :roll:

j/k ;)

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 04:26 PM

dan the acid man
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
i would hope he makes most of his tunes for himself

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
i would hope he makes most of his tunes for himself

as we all should dan.

if your makin the music for other ppl, it may as well be boy band pop.

again, thats jus my opinion. ive always made music for me & no one else.

i was once offered a deal if i toned my work down & mafe it more accessible. i could have, but whats the point ?

i have also knocked back a deal cos the label was gonna hard house it up with remixes. i have no interest in that field of music, so i walked away.

Scott Kemix
05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
oh rite :lol:

lau
05-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I make music to get some pussy :lol:

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I make music to get some pussy :lol:

:lol: :clap:

BRADLEE
05-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I make music so I don't kill myself or anyone else :neutral: :lol:

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 08:11 PM
right. serious this time..

i do like this. its raw & uncluttered. this is the type of thing i love djing with. real fantic mixing with lots of fx & cuts & movement.

though i totaly see eyes & db's point. this is to do with their preference of musicality over percussion i guess.

a lot of the criticism ive had towards my work is about the structure, but thats because i'm from the school of quick mixing & i used to play techno that can be mixed at any point. i dont like leaving a record dry for longer than 4 bars, then i HAVE to be back in the mix. and i make trax that suit this..

its just different styles.

and i really dig the no bassline thing. excellent tool. droppin a real bass heavy Amok track after that would destroy a dancefloor.

but you have to know when to drop it ;)

would this be a good place to possibly swap sample files for each others trax & see who changes what how ?

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 08:15 PM

kill the dj? So whom do you make your tracks for? :lol: ;)

Well yeah, I was jokin, DJ`s don`t need to die, but my concerns are more with music, than with what goes on within the confines of the DJ booth.
I tend to think that a good DJ can play anything and make it work, and doesn`t need to be pandered to.
The music I make is for me, but hopefully people will enjoy dancing to the dancefloor stuff.

erm, anyway, back on topic anyone?

A.P.
05-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Really like this track Scott, spot on matey! :cool:

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 12:05 AM
cheers a.p, posted it in your part of the fat forum. Will post up more there this week man ;)

A.P.
06-07-2005, 12:08 AM
cheers a.p, posted it in your part of the fat forum. Will post up more there this week man ;)

Cool mate, i'll check them out ;)

dan the acid man
06-07-2005, 12:31 AM
anyway, back on topic, i always add a touch of seasoning to really bring out the flavours, ....................................oh, wrong post :doh: :lol:

audioinjection
06-07-2005, 02:07 AM
hmmm, not bad, but i didnt like the synth in there IMO

and i think that movie sample is a bit too loud in the mix

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
i think its great. will certainly work on the floors and thats what matters.

as for the ongoing saga about dj tools. I think people take things far too seriously, end the end of the day techno is a scene where a dj plays tunes to a club full of up for it people who are out to have a good time and dance. its not that complicated really is it?

some people on here seem to totally loose that idea and think its something else. if you are one of those people i suggest you go out and maybe have some fun for a change and take a break and understand what its all about again.

*** awaits slagging form the techno nazis ******

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
:lol: ;)

dan the acid man
06-07-2005, 01:58 PM

as for the ongoing saga about dj tools. I think people take things far too seriously, end the end of the day techno is a scene where a dj plays tunes to a club full of up for it people who are out to have a good time and dance. its not that complicated really is it?

some people on here seem to totally loose that idea and think its something else. if you are one of those people i suggest you go out and maybe have some fun for a change and take a break and understand what its all about again.

im all for having fun, i love acid techno ffs, theres no better music for having fun times to than that, all im saying is im not into dj tools, some people are, thats great.
for me though, i prefer to take two tunes that have structure and something happening in them and mixing the two together

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM

im all for having fun, i love acid techno ffs, theres no better music for having fun times to than that, all im saying is im not into dj tools, some people are, thats great.
for me though, i prefer to take two tunes that have structure and something happening in them and mixing the two together

Me too, I can mix tools in my sleep, there`s little challenge.

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Thats techno for yer

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Thats techno for yer

No that`s one particular type of techno.
Techno is more than just banging DJ fodder. There`s a whole world of techno out there.
Not that this really has anything to do with this post any more.

j_s
06-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Thats techno for yer

There`s a whole world of techno out there.

and that world would be that bit smaller if dj fodder didn't exist.

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats techno for yer

True.
But Running the same loop for 6 mins is a waste of vinyl
HAs no one heard of loop grooves
If your gonna be lazy with your production at least fill your vinyl with loads of loops rather than one that last for ages, that`s just a rip off.

AcidTrash
06-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Thats techno for yer

True.
If your gonna be lazy with your production at least fill your vinyl with loads of loops rather than one that last for ages, that`s just a rip off.

That would make DJ'ing really boring as you'd have not time constraints. There'd be little challenge for the DJ or excitement for the crowd as there very little that can go wrong using groovelocks.

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Thats techno for yer

True.

That would make DJ'ing really boring as you'd have not time constraints. There'd be little challenge for the DJ or excitement for the crowd as there very little that can go wrong using groovelocks.

Yes there is, there is no difference to using a locked groove, you still need to mix and keep it in.
Obviously you don`t do rapid mixing pete, otherwise you`d know what you can do with a piece of vinyl full of locked grooves.
Crowd excitement, erm, your showing your ignorance pete. With 3 decks and a bunch of locked grooves, you can go mental.
If your only gonna play short bursts of music, do it properly and learn to DJ properly, if you need a looped tune to run for 5 mins before you can mix then you are a bad DJ and shouldn`t be playing tools.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
we might as well all go and play some nicely produced trance tracks then.

to me the appeal of playing techno is all about being able to play 'dj tools' and not have to just be a juke box and play tune after tune.

any daft cunt can do that..

love dj tools me. its what you do with em that counts. personally i love boring, mundane loops :lol: repetitive doesnt really mean boring.

ps,,,wasnt a dig at you dan.

AcidTrash
06-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes there is, there is no difference to using a locked groove, you still need to mix and keep it in.
Obviously you don`t do rapid mixing pete, otherwise you`d know what you can do with a piece of vinyl full of locked grooves.
Crowd excitement, erm, your showing your ignorance pete. With 3 decks and a bunch of locked grooves, you can go mental.
If your only gonna play short bursts of music, do it properly and learn to DJ properly, if you need a looped tune to run for 5 mins before you can mix then you are a bad DJ and shouldn`t be playing tools.

You assume too much.

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 03:52 PM

You assume too much.
aaanyway, lets leave this for somewhere else, poor scots thread has been hijacked.

AcidTrash
06-07-2005, 03:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

slavestudios
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I can mix tools in my sleep, there`s little challenge.

oooooo get you :lol:

i prefer to take 2 or 3 records, a good mixer and fx (maybe also a MC303) and then MAKE something happen.

if u play tunes & let them happen for thmeselves, thats fine. i prefer to make my own thing happen as opposed to jus repeating what others have already done.

u many be able to mix tools in your sleep, but can u make anything happen with them ?

an old pal of mine used to be able to pitch perfect. he was ace with house, but he couldnt mix techno loops for shit. jus no concept of cutting & tricking.

i can slice hard techno with the best in the world, but can i deal with deep minimil tracks where u have to know when to let it run ? no.

either way, this track, imo, hits the spot & is exactly what i used to look for in vinyl.

if i want musicallity, i'll go listen to John Martyn or The bEatles :lol:

dan the acid man
06-07-2005, 04:43 PM
we might as well all go and play some nicely produced trance tracks then.

to me the appeal of playing techno is all about being able to play 'dj tools' and not have to just be a juke box and play tune after tune.

any daft cunt can do that..

love dj tools me. its what you do with em that counts. personally i love boring, mundane loops :lol: repetitive doesnt really mean boring.

ps,,,wasnt a dig at you dan.

yes it was, you old git :lol: you aint fooling me :cry: :lol:

no, i dont take anything to heart on here

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Thats techno for yer

True.

Dont know where you are comin from with this, again its your opinion

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Thats techno for yer

True.

Dont know where you are comin from with this, again its your opinion

This wasn`t anything to do with your tune, go away, this thread has been hijacked.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Hijack-Duke_Nukem_Mission.gif

A.P.
06-07-2005, 06:14 PM

A.P.
06-07-2005, 06:19 PM
[quote="eyes without a face"]needs much more of a bassline in there, there's certainly plenty of room for one at the moment sounds very locked groove'y, too loopy and needs more going on

You say this about every techno track thats posted up here! :evil:

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 06:26 PM
[quote=eyes without a face]needs much more of a bassline in there, there's certainly plenty of room for one at the moment sounds very locked groove'y, too loopy and needs more going on

You say this about every techno track thats posted up here! :evil:

Maybe because people are getting complacent and not adding enough changes and detail to their tracks. It`s easy enough to just do a bisic sequence and say, ah, that`ll do.

A.P.
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
:rambo:

A.P.
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
[quote="A.P."][quote=eyes without a face]needs much more of a bassline in there, there's certainly plenty of room for one at the moment sounds very locked groove'y, too loopy and needs more going on

Maybe because people are getting complacent and not adding enough changes and detail to their tracks. It`s easy enough to just do a bisic sequence and say, ah, that`ll do.

Sounds like you lot have nothing better to do

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 06:34 PM
if it bothers you that much then refer me to my posts where ive put that and il be happy to re-evaluate it, but ive put it for a reason, so expect only the same reply... i dont make comments for the good of my health, and if u rather id put each time that everything is perfect than that i shall do, and the producer can live in blissful ignorance ;)

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 06:36 PM
err whose you lot? i just got dragged into this for no reason at all

get over it people, some liked the track, some didnt, end of really :lol: ;)

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
if it bothers you that much then refer me to my posts where ive put that and il be happy to re-evaluate it, but ive put it for a reason, so expect only the same reply... i dont make comments for the good of my health, and if u rather id put each time that everything is perfect than that i shall do, and the producer can live in blissful ignorance ;)

No thats not the point, there is no such thing as a perfect track, nobody on here has a perfect track. The feedback is taken into concideration, wisely, but it is the way you present it, that some people have a problem with.......obviously. :rambo:

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 07:01 PM

No thats not the point, there is no such thing as a perfect track, nobody on here has a perfect track. The feedback is taken into concideration, wisely, but it is the way you present it, that some people have a problem with.......obviously. :rambo:

This is true, perfection is a quest.
however we have gone waaaay beyond talking about your track here scot, well, I have anyway.
Sorry, I did try to get people to come back on topic.

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
no one mentioned tracks having to be perfect, i cant produce perfect tracks myself, but there are varying levels of quality leading up to near perfection... if people cant take criticism on tracks then they really should not post them, its that simple... even if they are in their studio and honestly believe they have the best track in town it doesnt mean it is, this applies to everyone... ;)

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey, i said earlier in the post i took your comments into concideration and have no problems with that. You say you dont produce tracks? So why dont you use this time and give it a shot?

xfive
06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Good lord this has veered off course... where's Magellan when you need him ?

:eh:

xfive
06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Let's try to stick to the topic pleeease ;)

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey, i said earlier in the post i took your comments into concideration and have no problems with that. You say you dont produce tracks? So why dont you use this time and give it a shot?

where did i say i dont produce tracks then? read the post again smart alec, ive got several releases lined up ;)

it wasnt a dig at u, i meant in general people shouldnt post if they cant take criticism, there's nothing more annoying than someone trying to justify their work instead of just accepting that not everyone will love it, heck ive had good close friends say some tracks are dung, water off a ducks back and you have to develop a certain immunity to negative comments if you want to make a serious go of things, otherwise you end up spitting the dummie and making excuses when not everyone loves the work

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Miss-read what u said. :oops: Not had one prob with what you have said, just did'nt agree, and that is where the problems lies i think. Lets try and get back on track though seriously as x said. But dont think there is much more to say is there...hehhhehheeh

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
yeah dont get me wrong ive not posted anything in an argumentitive manner, just have different views on what makes a more rounded, complete sound i think

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Yep i have mentioned this a few times along the way. But am glad there seems to be some sort of agreement :lol:

audioinjection
06-07-2005, 08:10 PM
........so uhm yeah, cool track

:rambo:

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 08:14 PM
what, there was a track?

fresh_an_funky_design
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

eyes without a face
06-07-2005, 10:07 PM
whats a track? :eh:

audioinjection
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM

xfive
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
http://techhouse.brown.edu/~dmorris/projects/fitness_racer/images/race.track.jpg

dan the acid man
06-07-2005, 10:39 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

oops ignore me, getting confused with another post :doh:

oldbugger
07-07-2005, 09:19 AM
the links dead now :eh:

Scott Kemix
08-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Oops, if anyone requires a listen, reply see what we can do ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==