PDA

View Full Version : Pete Donaldson & Michael Leith - 1st Level Ep

slavestudios
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
http://www.covertrecords.net/petedonaldson/1st_level_EP/1st_Level_EP.zip

now available exclusively thru Covert Records --- > http://www.covertrecords.co.uk/covertrecords.co.uk/flash/news.html

this was done many months ago.. imo, the best aspect of this ep is the artwork :lol:

anyways, feel free to d/load & slag to bits ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
04-07-2005, 07:33 PM
i like the artwork, althoug hte effect is a little blatant in the use of photoshop filter's

slavestudios
04-07-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah i know.. but i dont do graphics lol

i tell ya this though, its not a fired egg as ppl have believed before lol

nova
05-07-2005, 03:46 PM
ohh yeah m8 #4, i wonna go out & buy the ep now. nice track

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
#3 is my fave from that bunch.. so sweet & creamy lol

#4 has Bush trying to say 'Abugrabe' (sp?) oooh, how we laughed when we sampled that... i do like the pitch bending break that jus collapses into static then picks up again..

cheers nova. i'll pass the kind words to Michael Leith ;)

eyes without a face
05-07-2005, 03:59 PM
not bad, much much prefer your loops tho must say, these didnt strike me too much

those new loops are wikid mate, love them

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 04:04 PM
this ep was done a good time ago..

at the time, michael was workin down in sounthern ireland & was only home friday night & saturday so we took 5 fridays & got a track out of each session..

and each session included upwards of 12 tins of Guiness & a lot of shit hash lol

and these tracks are primarily made for dj use, so anyone about to bitch about the montone linear feel can go elsewhere.. it was exactly what we were looking for. k ? k ;)

eyes without a face
05-07-2005, 04:15 PM
err yeah ok ;) :roll:

BRADLEE
05-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I would have to say “THE ALL” is my favorite of these works. It’s just much more my style than the rest of the tunes. Also enjoyed “THE DELAY” as well with the really nice FX that were done on it. I’m also downloading the new loops as well Pete. Going to peep them right now.

dirty_bass
05-07-2005, 08:25 PM
and these tracks are primarily made for dj use, so anyone about to bitch about the montone linear feel can go elsewhere.. it was exactly what we were looking for. k ? k ;)

so you admit that they are monotone and linear?
It`s an odd attitude, cos it`s kinda like saying "yeah, this is totally bland, and faceless, and just another girl band song, but it`s for kids"
Same argument.
Anyway, I`ll check it out if I can get the ****in thing to download.

slavestudios
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM

so you admit that they are monotone and linear?
It`s an odd attitude, cos it`s kinda like saying "yeah, this is totally bland, and faceless, and just another girl band song, but it`s for kids"
Same argument.
Anyway, I`ll check it out if I can get the **** thing to download.

yeah pretty much db. but i like linear & monotone.. ive tried makin more musical & structurally challenging work, but i jus dont enjoy it :eh:

the more going on in a track, the less comfortable i can get with it..

nova
06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
#3 is my fave from that bunch.. so sweet & creamy lol

#4 has Bush trying to say 'Abugrabe' (sp?) oooh, how we laughed when we sampled that... i do like the pitch bending break that jus collapses into static then picks up again..

cheers nova. i'll pass the kind words to Michael Leith ;)

yeah thats a smart sample. no probs man. like it alot ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==