PDA

View Full Version : DJ T-1000 MOVES TO BERLIN

Alan Oldham
05-07-2005, 06:22 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: DJ T-1000 MOVES TO BERLIN

CHICAGO -- International electronic music star Alan Oldham a.k.a. DJ T-1000 is moving from Chicago to Berlin beginning in September.

Oldham, best known for his long-standing art and musical associations with Djax-Up-Beats (NL) and Tresor Berlin (GER), as well as his own Pure Sonik and Generator labels, cites diminishing creative opportunities and a conservative climate in the USA for his European move.

"It's been a long time coming," says Oldham. "I actually thought about it when I was in Berlin playing the Tresor closing event back in April. I could play the music I wanted to play, it was a packed house, and the people were as enthusiastic as ever. I went to Spain the next day to play at La Real in Oviedo, and it was the same story.

"I was like, 'I could be doing this every weekend.' "

After discussing the move with his longtime agent, Natasha Lodh of Dynamix Berlin, a final decision was made.

Oldham isn't leaving Chicago altogether, though. After a year and a half in the city, he intends to keep his place there also, at least for now.

Oldham's European push has already begun. He's confirmed for Massiv, Vienna, Austria, September 3rd. It's his first DJ T-1000 performance originating from his new Berlin base. More dates are forthcoming as part of the Tresor "It's Not Over" Tour 2005. Check: www.tresorberlin.de

DJ T-1000's "The Professional Volume One" EP, four Pure Sonik classics curated by Gayle San herself, is out in September on her own Equator label. Watch for all-new DJ T-1000 music later this year on several European labels.

And Oldham's long-awaited European art debut is confirmed for the Batofar, Paris, France, October 22nd, 2005. He'll DJ there, also. Watch www.alanoldham.com for details.

For booking inquiries, make contact: bookings@puresonikrecords.net

Alan Oldham
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
bump

The Overfiend
06-07-2005, 02:58 AM
:lol:
I'm a star and I'm moving
:lol:

Alan Oldham
06-07-2005, 04:08 AM
Don't hate. :lol:

The Overfiend
06-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Play on Playa.
I actually don't blame you.

06-07-2005, 08:01 AM
good luck with the move geezer

ampassasinbirmingham
06-07-2005, 12:04 PM
good luck t-1000. the move probarbly makes sense. everyone seems to be moving to berlin. Mark hawkins and Karl have both moved to berlin in the last year or so. :roll: i hope you get what your looking for.

On the subject, after tresor closing, is there many other parties happening berlin way as i think i may make a trip out there?

Ritzi Lee
07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Yo Alan!

I`m in Berlin now.
Saturday will be the PLANET PRO at the Brandenburg gate.

Shall we meet? :)

Alan Oldham
25-07-2005, 10:47 PM
good luck t-1000. the move probarbly makes sense. everyone seems to be moving to berlin. Mark hawkins and Karl have both moved to berlin in the last year or so. :roll: i hope you get what your looking for.

On the subject, after tresor closing, is there many other parties happening berlin way as i think i may make a trip out there?

There's still stuff happening but nothing as obvious as Tresor. Maria von Ostbahnhof is happening, I was told that Panorama was the hot new club, Rush plays SO36 every so often, etc. I'm supposed to be playing a boat party in Berlin, should be fun

RDR
26-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi Alan.

Thanks for the tunes over the years. Much appreciated chief.

PS - Make sure you hook up with Richie and Magda, they will tell you how to be Ubercoolische while you are there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==