PDA

View Full Version : delays

tracatak
05-07-2005, 10:55 PM
when making hard techno or schranz is ti wise to add delay to everything ..(i.e hi hats , snares, kicks, etc) the same delay or jsut delay to everythign but the kicks or jsut delay on the kicks...for that basic hard techno sound..im found adding compression to jsut my kick gives it a good breathing/pumping feel but i still feel im missing something..im thinking its maybe a dab of delay..and havent found any success..can any1 recommend any tips..usuing fruity studio here....ty

tracatak :doh:

nova
05-07-2005, 11:34 PM
delays on loads id say. giv it a bit of width

Louk
06-07-2005, 12:02 AM
i'd add more reverb + distortion

Louk

Starfuqer
06-07-2005, 03:23 AM
i would say only add delay to things you don't want to sound direct and up front. Adding delay to everything is a recipe for a bad mix

tracatak
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
yeah id say when i add reverb it def sounds good..delay always sounds forced..when i add it to hi hats it sounds ok..moreprefessional i guess..but with kicks def sounds a lil wrong..

p.s what do u mean DELAY ON LOADS? (nova) :neutral:

thanks everyone

GATOR
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
A think using delays on kick about 60Mhz to 130Mhz is making the snd too unpresent and too pumping, try it on a top kick..........

stjohn
06-07-2005, 12:51 PM
id maybe chill out on delays...
keep the kick centered on its own... if you want the delayed effect you can program it by messsing with the velocity, and that way you dont clutter the tune with unwanted sounds and/or phasing.

nova
06-07-2005, 11:12 PM
yeah id say when i add reverb it def sounds good..delay always sounds forced..when i add it to hi hats it sounds ok..moreprefessional i guess..but with kicks def sounds a lil wrong..

p.s what do u mean DELAY ON LOADS? (nova) :neutral:

thanks everyone

yo dude dont get me wrong. i mean you Can!!!! put delay on kicks & snares. & hi hats. bass filtered abit synth linespretty much loads. i mean go on access virus & then say delay on not much :lol: but im no pro :rambo:

anyways you sound like ya know wot ya doing with a delay. dont need ta pick me up

slavestudios
07-07-2005, 12:16 AM
personally i only use 1 or 2 very heavy delays. helps move a sound around. i never put it on lower frequencies..

not to say u shouldnt, i jus dont..

but they can add movement. i try to go easy on reverb too. can mush things up a tad.

nova
07-07-2005, 09:33 AM
& stereo width. na i didnt mean go put it on the master for the whole track. i just meant can use it lots on single parts like a touch 30%. i didnt mean whack on 100% :lol:

nova
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
oh yeah my point was on the virus... ya get pattern delays. which i think help ta make a pattern i wouldnt realy programe. i know on "some" softsynths is only basics like 1/16. but can get some nice patterns on leads & synth with them pattern delays on v. i mean delays on shakers to me giv it that shak'e touch.

278d7e64a374de26f==