PDA

View Full Version : new style techno (pushing techno in a new way)

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
heres a tune i have been working on with dirty bass (hope he doesnt mind me posting this yet as its not finished)

anyway.. its a totally new sound to techno and were pushing things in a new direction, hope you all enjoy.

clich here to be amazed (http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF129600-01-01-01.mp3)

b side (http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF172905-01-02-01.mp3)

disclaimer. joke :lol:

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
This is so funny, I actually dies laughing and am now writing from beyond the grave.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well i'm still laughing.

oh come on.. you have to admit it was funny :lol:

BRADLEE
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
WOW, that's so PLUR. I think I'm floating on little fluffy clouds :lol:

audioinjection
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
wait, lemme go get my glow sticks!

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Dammit, I wish I did write that tune, I`d have made a mint.

that was a little spikey and sarcastic stab and you know it.

Fair enough, don`t hide behind a smiley and pretend otherwise.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 05:39 PM

:lol: me too

fatcollective
06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
heheh funny, i was expecting something a little diffrent i must say....but fair play 2 pretty classic trance tunes, which we all know you LOVE :dontevengothere: :lol: :lol:

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM

it was a bit of fun.

surely anyone can see that...obviously my humour doesnt work here.

i'll be totally honest here. i love coming into this forum and having a nosey at what everyone upto its great. but it does get a bit tiresome hearing the same old same old stuff about how things arn't pushing boundries and arnt doing anything new and how shit dj tools are etc etc. when the people saying this crap post dull music that would empty a dance floor in seconds. (although it sound beautiful)

i dont produce myself.. i just mess about so i guess you could say i shouldnt be commenting in the forum, but i do know what sounds good to me and i do what makes me want to dance. are we all forgeting thats what its all about or something? certainly seems that way

to me thats what techno should be about, far too much chinstroking going on and not enough dancing and having fun imo.

think i best keep having fun away from any techno section at the moment (which is sad)

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 07:49 PM

it was a bit of fun.

i'll be totally honest here. i love coming into this forum and having a nosey at what everyone upto its great. but it does get a bit tiresome hearing the same old same old stuff about how things arn't pushing boundries and arnt doing anything new and how shit dj tools are etc etc. when the people saying this crap post dull music that would empty a dance floor in seconds. (although it sound beautiful)

i dont produce myself.. i just mess about so i guess you could say i shouldnt be commenting in the forum, but i do know what sounds good to me and i do what makes me want to dance. are we all forgeting thats what its all about or something? certainly seems that way

to me thats what techno should be about, far too much chinstroking going on and not enough dancing and having fun imo.

think i best keep having fun away from any techno section at the moment (which is sad)

your talking about popularism
If you wanna play safe and fill the dancefloors, then play some Usher.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM

it was a bit of fun.

not at all mate.. theres a huge difference in popular and danceable.

techno = dance music. its pretty simple to me.

theres no point in making the most amazing music if you cant dance to it.

unless were talking about home listening stuff. but the people who make (what i shall call home listening music) seem to think they are above the artists who make danceable tracks.

now thats elitist and pretty narrow minded. and there far too much of it at the moment. :dontevengothere:

Scott Kemix
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM

it was a bit of fun.

not at all mate.. theres a huge difference in popular and danceable.

techno = dance music. its pretty simple to me.

theres no point in making the most amazing music if you cant dance to it.

unless were talking about home listening stuff. but the people who make (what i shall call home listening music) seem to think they are above the artists who make danceable tracks.

now thats elitist and pretty narrow minded. and there far too much of it at the moment. :dontevengothere:

Quality reply and very true :lol:

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Dance music doesn`t have to be obvious.
Go to some of the new hip hop clubs and the beats they are playing are sick, and fresh, and yet no one seems to have trouble accepting new stuff.
Techno for all it`s proportion to bein forward thinking and underground is atually a little behind due to people not accepting change as easily.

Yeah, there`s room for mindless, made in 1 day obvious dance tracks, and it`s fun to make em, but some people don`t aspire to anything beyond mediocrity, and are stuck trying to emulate their peers and idols.

oldbugger
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
thats a fair comment. i can totally see where your coming from and i dont disagree at all.

these are two very valid sides to a debate here and i was purely going to the extreme to get a point across.

however. there seems to be people who are getting lost in their production and forgetting the tunes. like the production is more important than the actual track. and that is total bullshit :dontevengothere:

fair enough for someone doing albumn tracks etc do you thing and people will appreciate it for the wonderfully produced masterpiece it actually is. but as far as club techno goes (which 90% of it is) surely its more important to make people wanna shake their arses and feel good.

the guys/gals who are doing this seem to be belittled for wanting to do this. its two completely different fields. surely you can see my point?

if i'm out i would much rather hear a tune that made me dance that some musical masterpiece.

like wise at home i would much rather listen to a beautifully composed piece of music. you seem to be getting confused with the two IMO.

i supoose if i sum this up what im trying to say is i'd prefer a good tune over good production any day.

dirty_bass
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
thats a fair comment. i can totally see where your coming from and i dont disagree at all.

these are two very valid sides to a debate here and i was purely going to the extreme to get a point across.

however. there seems to be people who are getting lost in their production and forgetting the tunes. like the production is more important than the actual track. and that is total bullshit :dontevengothere:

fair enough for someone doing albumn tracks etc do you thing and people will appreciate it for the wonderfully produced masterpiece it actually is. but as far as club techno goes (which 90% of it is) surely its more important to make people wanna shake their arses and feel good.

the guys/gals who are doing this seem to be belittled for wanting to do this. its two completely different fields. surely you can see my point?

if i'm out i would much rather hear a tune that made me dance that some musical masterpiece.

like wise at home i would much rather listen to a beautifully composed piece of music. you seem to be getting confused with the two IMO.

i supoose if i sum this up what im trying to say is i'd prefer a good tune over good production any day.

Nope, not getting confused at all, re read my hip hop reference.
Good tune and good production is needed.
Not lazy, just wanna sound like my heroes-ness.

I kinda think we need the random electron to keep things stirred up.
If everyone just bent over and patted each other on the back in an overly smug way, then music will never progress.
I accept that I rub people up the wrong way, but I`m like the gym coach you hate for pushing you hard.
But when you win the fight, you love me for it :love:

dan the acid man
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
i agree, a good structure is more important to me than production quality.

thats why i dont like dj tools, i like something that goes somewhere, i also like to be able to listen to it at home too, call me old fashioned, but i listen to this dance music at home and when im on the dancefloor.

Scott Kemix
07-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Get out more, people want to dance, not spend there time when there buzzin, analysing the track thats playing

Tyrisia
07-07-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't gettit, r u all sayin we make trance?!! :lol:

dirty_bass
07-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Get out more, people want to dance, not spend there time when there buzzin, analysing the track thats playing

So why make any effort at all?
Why not just play the best records from 1998, why bother making anything new, cos all the acid stuff from 98 worked, it rocks the floor and it`s `avin` it.

dan the acid man
07-07-2005, 02:02 AM

im not out at the minute, obviously, thats why im able to sit here and listen to tunes the way i do.

when i go out, i dont stand thinking, yes, that hat could be a bit louder, that bassline is boring.

just because i like to hear tracks that go somewhere and are produced to a decent standard, doesnt make me a boring chin stroker.

also, i reply the way i do in here because thats what this place is about, offering constructive criticism that you personally feel about a track.

i will always do that in here, otherwise theres no point replying, if people take the advice onboard then fine, if people want to go with their instincts then thats also fine, its the producers music, so they can do what they want with it.

but surely as a producer, the idea is to make good music first off, then secondly, to become as good a producer as you can be technically

The Overfiend
07-07-2005, 03:53 AM
but surely as a producer, the idea is to make good music first off, then secondly, to become as good a producer as you can be technically

I love dan

Scott Kemix
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM

I love dan :love:

dan the acid man
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
:lol: :oops: awwww shucks :oops:

Scott Kemix
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==