PDA

View Full Version : COMPRESSED JULY 30TH (DDR live)

Mucky Beats
06-07-2005, 06:46 PM
COMPRESSED

@ THE ORANGE PEEL , RHYL

JULY 30th 2005

MAIN ROOM

DDR (LIVE)
SARAH FAB
DISTEK (live)
MUCKY BEATS & A.P
SLEEPY HOLLOW & DANNY MARSH (SUBSONICA)
DIRTY SANCHEZ & WILL THE BRUTAL
SAMORA

BACK ROOM

DJ COMP FINAL!!!!!!!!!
SHAG-E - DEXSTER - BARRY HENDERSON - PAUL MAFFIA

PLUS.....
DJ ICE & FATMAN
KILLA
MISTRESSMANIA

8 TILL 3
£7 ON THE DOOR

MARK NEENAN
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
DDR Live! Shit hot!

Good line up ere! :clap: :clap:

fresh_an_funky_design
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah cant wait to see his live set, been told its wicked

Mucky Beats
11-07-2005, 08:09 PM
bump

subsonic
13-07-2005, 02:43 PM
you know its going to be rocking :cool:

Mucky Beats
18-07-2005, 04:21 PM
you know its going to be rocking :cool:

looking forward to having you guys up to rock the peel!

nick_anarchy
18-07-2005, 04:28 PM
sweeeeeeeeet

subsonic
18-07-2005, 04:40 PM
bring it the fu ck on :twisted: :evil:

Frank Dogshit
18-07-2005, 10:03 PM
excuse my lack of techno knowledge but who is DDR??

were they from?

dan the acid man
18-07-2005, 10:34 PM

were they from?

hes an acid techno legend.

really good producer who uses alot of old school influences

Mucky Beats
19-07-2005, 12:09 AM
DDR
A twelve year veteran of the London underground dance scene, DDR has unleashed his own brand of techno / trance on many labels and at many parties / raves / clubs / festivals around the globe.
A central player on the U.K. free party sound system scene, DDR could be found running rig's at parties and festivals by Full-On and Bedlam in the early nineties. Following on from this it was not long before he was bringing his fledgling studio out to these events to play music to the masses directly from the machines.
A meeting of minds between DDR and the then newly formed Liberator DJ trio led to a first vinyl release for DDR on Stay Up Forever no. 2. A pioneer of what was to become the London Acid Techno sound, DDR was the first guest producer to appear on Stay Up Forever and he has had a hand in many of their most memorable releases and is still one of their most prolific artists.
Through working with the Liberator DJ's as their studio engineer, DDR met with DJ Choci of Choci's Chewns and was soon roped in to run Choci's studio for him. A fruitfull eighteen months passed at the Chocolate factory seeing Choci and DDR rattle off a great many acid-trance stormers and numerous proto-hardhouse/nrg classics. Moving on from Choci's studio to start his own labels with current partner in crime Mark Kinetec of the Kinetec empire, DDR was seen getting his hands dirty designing and constructing a fully equiped, state of the art studio for Kinetec Records ( all those years of college and 'real' jobs paid off.....), of which he is still the manager. The labels Hazchem and COSHH were born from this effort and were the prototype labels for the Infectious Distribution offspring from Kinetec Records.
During this time DDR had continued to produce records for a slew of newer labels such as Smitten, Cluster, Routemaster, Input, etc and also hone his skills as a live performer travelling to many places around the globe with his flight case full of equipment to entertain the hordes.
More recently DDR has been involved in the construction of the vinyl mastering facility for Kinetec Mastering, continues to produce for all of his favourite labels and has married and spends much of his time in the States where he can be caught bringing the sound of the London techno underground to an event near you.

fatcollective
19-07-2005, 03:44 PM

were they from?

DDR is the one n only Dynamic Dave the Rave

Educate yourself on him here:
http://www.triphazard.net

p.s. Good to Meet You @ Locked M8!!

Mucky Beats
20-07-2005, 11:23 AM
looking forward to this :twisted:

main highlight for me is the distek live PA ......first time ever...it will be banging!

fatcollective
20-07-2005, 01:12 PM
looking forward to this :twisted:

main highlight for me is the distek live PA ......first time ever...it will be banging!

its gonna be fvcking wikid, loads of un-heard material will be on show....distek has been moulding this set for a while now and im sure its gonna hit the spot...in fact i know it will, if anyone can make this live PA special, Disteks the man!

zoid

penthesilea
20-07-2005, 01:56 PM
are you going fatcollective?
Last time I went to Rhyl, you didn't turn up!

fatcollective
20-07-2005, 02:44 PM
are you going fatcollective?
Last time I went to Rhyl, you didn't turn up!

eh, of course i turned up, mark eg and Aaron b2b, you came back to our flat after the club...hehehhe :lol:

Mucky Beats
22-07-2005, 12:46 PM
not long to go now

Mucky Beats
26-07-2005, 09:23 PM
bump :lol:

Mucky Beats
29-07-2005, 12:53 PM
looking forward to this!!!!!!!

nick_anarchy
30-07-2005, 08:59 AM
hehe indeed ... :rambo:

Technobitch
30-07-2005, 07:39 PM
see you all there tonight!

Mucky Beats
31-07-2005, 05:00 PM
What a crazy night.... No DDR and Sarah FAB due to flight problems... but a big THANK YOU to DISTEK for is live set it was wicked! And another big THANK YOU to JAMES KINETEC For coming up at the last minute to replace DDR and rocked the place, what a dj ! quality tunes and top mixing !

The place had a top vibe with both rooms avinit all night! every dj got the crowd rocking and well done Paul Maffia for winning the dj comp with Shag-E runner up with Mat Manfridi 3rd and Bonz 4th. Cheers AP for the B2B next time i'll not get so munted sorry to anyone who noticed :lol:

Many Thanks to all that came along :cool:

BRING ON THE NEXT ONE ! :twisted:

Si the Sigh
01-08-2005, 09:37 AM
No DDR?! Gutted... :cry:

sleepy
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
it was a wicked nite and DISTEK's live pa was amazing
we had a really good nite

fatcollective
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
No DDR?! Gutted... :cry:

the FAT Collective live set from Distek more than made up for it. 1 hour of fresh un-released muisc, it was amazing! still it would have been nice to see DDR, but James Kinetic was ****ing rockin, what a dj...big respcet to him!

01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
glad to hear it all went swimmingly :lol: good lads

Technobitch
01-08-2005, 02:21 PM
great night once again at compressed! DISTEK kicked ass with his live set, i aint stomped like that in a long time!!! everyone loved his set, he was by far the highlight of the night..................didnt need DDR after all!
keep up the good wrk DISTEK it was ace to see you play live and i want to see more of it in the future!!!!
:twisted:

nick_anarchy
01-08-2005, 06:03 PM
great night once again at compressed! DISTEK kicked ass with his live set, i aint stomped like that in a long time!!! everyone loved his set, he was by far the highlight of the night..................didnt need DDR after all!
keep up the good wrk DISTEK it was ace to see you play live and i want to see more of it in the future!!!!
:twisted:

yeh defo he was the highlight of the nite !!! he rocked it .. remember hes live again in liverpool in september

278d7e64a374de26f==