PDA

View Full Version : psy-ish, dark, mechanical stuff...

j_s
06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
roight. this ain't finished, but i feel there's some holes in the mix i wanna fill up before i complete it. if anyone could give me some pointers on how to fill it out i'd appreciate it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/family.stevens2/pre.mp3

xfive
06-07-2005, 07:24 PM
This is cool man... I need to hear it at home on the monitors before I can really here where it's lacking tho.. will do when I get home.

Nice start tho ;)

BRADLEE
06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Man this sounds really clean so far amigo. Nice proggy techno :clap:

fatcollective
07-07-2005, 09:10 AM
This is nice m8, u described it well, definately, psy-ish (the grainy bassline)
& definatley dark & most definately mechani-clank!!

Nice work, wud like to hear the finished piece :clap:

BloodStar
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
nice. like the start,,and i'd like to hear ,more.-. bass is nice,,maybe little too loud,for my likings, but ok,.

i'd add some more mids,. mazbe some more clicky sound would give more life to himids..

finish,,and repost soon,pls... nice one :clap:

lau
07-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah Im really into the start of the tune too...

Not to sure about the atmosphere thing going on though.. Think you can make something really nice out of this.. I like the dirty funk...!

j_s
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
aiit, cheers for the feedback, much appreciated. in light of the comments i think i'm just gonna crack on and finish this pretty much as is - maybe develop the purely percussive parts and beef up the mids a bit. will post up any progress. thanks again.......

AcidTrash
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
liking this. VERY psy.

Mindful
09-07-2005, 03:24 AM
sounds nice to me.worth a crack at finishing for sure:clap:

j_s
13-07-2005, 02:16 PM
ok, think this is nearly done....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/family.stevens2/v1.mp3

what ya reckon?

xfive
13-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Good shit man... I'd play this out :clap: :clap:

I'm gonna check it on my monitors when I get home.

Well done :rambo:

xfive
13-07-2005, 03:09 PM
On second listen.. I think the kick is a bit buried... the bassline is sneaking up on it a bit too much.

detfella
13-07-2005, 07:44 PM
like this, bass sounds quite high in the mix esp if your not going to abuse/tweak it (do like the little blips that u add)...hell after the break u start abusing it, liking that :) track has a nice industrial feel to it, your arrangement is nice the new feel u give it around 5min sounds good.

Stella Boy
13-07-2005, 08:26 PM
quality stuff, really liking this :clap: :clap:

and leave the atmosphere sounds in; perfect late night wall climbing material :cool:

mrbenn
02-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Wow this is ill man :clap: Reminds me of some of trentemollers work, loving all of your productions ive heard on BOA, especially this & your track for the singularity project. BTW have you finished that as Id love to hear the finished project

Loving the dark twisted head ****ing electro mechanical styleee, keep it up dude ur shit is ill ;)

j_s
08-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Wow this is ill man :clap: Reminds me of some of trentemollers work, loving all of your productions ive heard on BOA, especially this & your track for the singularity project. BTW have you finished that as Id love to hear the finished project

Loving the dark twisted head **** electro mechanical styleee, keep it up dude ur shit is ill ;)

cheers bruv. haven't heard of trentemoller, will have to check that out.
i've made a fair bit of progress on that singularity track, it's definately getting there. i'll up it soon and see what people make of it....

big thanks to everyone else who commented also...

StoQ
09-10-2005, 04:53 PM
i love the ambience side of this shit. big it up man ;]

278d7e64a374de26f==