PDA

View Full Version : Endorphin and Spectrum Analyzer

eyes without a face
07-07-2005, 11:51 AM
right fixed my computer problems last night and installed Endorphin on the recommendations of a few on here... just wondering if any of you guys who use it have any tips? ive not looked into it yet but going to today so was just wondering...

also, anyone recommend a good, free if possible, spectrum analyzer as i know sometimes my tracks are lacking in certain frequenices but i really need to get into checking which freq's are lacking/overloaded and also, any tips on how i can go back and amend this? im currently using the Kjaerhus Audio EQ plugin mainly but could anyone recommend anything else

just general interest really as ive woke up in an inquisitive mood really than a musical one if u get me haha, and really would like to try and get a bit more info re the gaps in the tracks problem that comes up now and then

cheers

BloodStar
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
don't know too much Endorphin,. i'm using Voxengo SPAN,and works sweet,.

eyes without a face
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
is it Freeware? any links?

neoxtrope
07-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I use SPAN too - it's free.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/SPAN/

While you're there, check out Soniformer. It might help with your spectra problems (not free though).

xfive
07-07-2005, 06:25 PM
For endorphin I get some nice results when I put the attack really high (fader up) and the release very low (fader down).

You will get some distortion if it's too low tho so if you get crackling.. ease up on it there.

If your sat. meter isn't pegged in red then you can go ahead and crank the lo and hi comp faders up a bit... if it still isn't pegged in red then crank the mix levels up too..
Now if it's still not pegged in red you can crank the de-comp/sat fader up a bit too.

The goal is to not have the signal stay in the red.
If it does then you need to back off a bit either input vol wise or with your settings.

These settings are what I use to make shit sound really thick and big.... there are obviously many uses for this sort of compressor tho.

Hope that helps ;)

eyes without a face
07-07-2005, 07:02 PM
nice one mate, appreciated

audioinjection
07-07-2005, 07:26 PM
if you have adobe audition it has a spectrum analyzer, i use that most of the time

278d7e64a374de26f==