PDA

View Full Version : ARTIST UPDATE: JOEY BELTRAM

MARKEG
20-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Can anyone bring us all up to date on Mr Beltram? I think ppl need to know how to find the latest info on him. Any help/pointers would be great

Sunil
20-06-2003, 01:23 AM
Can anyone bring us all up to date on Mr Beltram? I think ppl need to know how to find the latest info on him. Any help/pointers would be great

I seem to be good at these questions tonight! Joey Beltram's new one on STX is a completely shit one sided remix by himself, of a track by Filter Science which has been licensed from Bush. This really is awful, filtered disco-y house, not even really techno. The fact it's only a one sider rubs more salt in the wound, this to me is arrogance, he's selling records purely on his name not on his ability as a producer, I know some people may like it but it's not even a piece of a patch on what he used to do...

schlongfingers
20-06-2003, 03:26 AM

I seem to be good at these questions tonight! Joey Beltram's new one on STX is a completely shit one sided remix by himself, of a track by Filter Science which has been licensed from Bush. This really is awful, filtered disco-y house, not even really techno. The fact it's only a one sider rubs more salt in the wound, this to me is arrogance, he's selling records purely on his name not on his ability as a producer, I know some people may like it but it's not even a piece of a patch on what he used to do...

His last release ('Slice' I think) was the same 1 sided £8.00 sketch - and not ver good at all either, one of those along with Clarke who doesn't seem to have kept it together at all.

DJZeMig_L
20-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Yep JB has been focusing on his STX and doing the odd ep 4 Bush...

I don't mind the filtered housey stuff 'cause some rock... the latest didn't IMHO but I got the doble pack, that has the track "the feature" , and it's got some solid tracks... I have played some at some Hard d. floors and people really couldn't stop jumpin' ... mind u it very simple groovy loopy stuff but u can always step it 2 fill the gaps with other records ;)

Z

DJZeMig_L
20-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Coming 2 think of it Joey is probably one of the masters who really didn't ride much on his sucess... He is one of the people who helped shape what we have today and you don't see him producing ´several records a month and djing/ live everyday in a different part of the world!!

Z

MARKEG
20-06-2003, 12:29 PM
i didn't mind this stx thing. not the best but it wasn't shite i didn't think.

Buttman
20-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Let us all just ignore his contemporary (shitty) work and remember the wonderful old 'Drome' from 'Caliber EP' on WARP. That one is orgasmic.

Adverse
20-06-2003, 02:29 PM
agreed

gunjack
20-06-2003, 02:42 PM
he is a hardworking guy so you all need to stop dissin. i hated the slice record too, but JB was a BIG influence on me in the begining so i give him mad props. :D

schlongfingers
20-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Yep JB has been focusing on his STX and doing the odd ep 4 Bush...

I don't mind the filtered housey stuff 'cause some rock... the latest didn't IMHO but I got the doble pack, that has the track "the feature" , and it's got some solid tracks... I have played some at some Hard d. floors and people really couldn't stop jumpin' ... mind u it very simple groovy loopy stuff but u can always step it 2 fill the gaps with other records ;)

Z

Yeah, to be fair I picked up that double pack, and it's wicked - it's more the last two single sided releases that are a real ripoff

audioinjection
20-06-2003, 04:02 PM
I don't know much about him now, but I know he's been putting out a lot of filtered disco house stuff lately. It's ok, but I like the old Beltram stuff.

Pathogen
20-06-2003, 04:08 PM
he is a hardworking guy so you all need to stop dissin. i hated the slice record too, but JB was a BIG influence on me in the begining so i give him mad props. :D

well said, he is one of the most prolific producers of the scene, and allthough what hes doing now it aint my cup of tea, he holds a special place for many people including myself.

we all know hes got it in him, as does he ..... so why not experiment a bit?
hes the type of artist that can produce a tune that blows all others out the water ........ ahhhhhhh, ballpark :P

Sunil
20-06-2003, 06:20 PM
i didn't mind this stx thing. not the best but it wasn't shite i didn't think.

i dunno, if it didn't have Joey Beltram on it you wouldn't find the label or any label putting it out as just a one sider. He's made some ****in' great records, i used to lap up everything he did and i agree that he hasn't milked his success by putting out an new EP every five minutes, I've been dissappointed by anything i've heard by him the last few years though. Although yeah besides the new stuff, respect!

anx
24-06-2003, 05:53 PM
the start it up remix he does is awesome

278d7e64a374de26f==