PDA

View Full Version : how long do u spend mixing ur tracks

da hound
09-07-2005, 09:46 PM
me a bout 2hrs or so mabye i should take longer how bout u people ?im actually thinkn latley its probely better 2 mix as u sequence da track and then just brush up on it when ur finished

Komplex
10-07-2005, 01:05 AM
I mix as I go and continually adjust if necessary during composition. When the track is finished, I hook up some different speakers and touch up anything thats jumping out or not sitting right.

With techno, I think it would be VERY hard not to mix as you go as the sounds and process are often very different compared to mixing something like a rock band where there are always the drumkits, always guitar, always a vocal...

Komplex
10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
i forgot to answer the question. as long as it takes to finnish the track :)

da hound
10-07-2005, 01:24 AM
true a lot of the stuff in books and shit u read in mags regarding mixing is based on rock music and stuff me just goin by ear if it sounds good 2 u then its good suppose u can only learn from ur mistakes

Starfuqer
10-07-2005, 02:27 AM
20 hours or so

I don't mix as i go. I try to get it sounding as good as it can with just the right raw samples and then take it from there.

MARKEG
10-07-2005, 05:14 AM
anything from 2 minutes to 2 months.

actuallly, the best tracks tend to be the quick ones.

but the one's that mean the most are the 2 month ones - but they're so incredibly personal that they are total shite to everyone else hahaha.

Agility
10-07-2005, 03:27 PM
It all depends, usually about say, from 11- 5 maybe.

But i've went back to the partial, mixing as you go, which is easier and makes more sense for me anyway, so it should only take about 2-3 hours maybe. :)

stjohn
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't mix as i go. I try to get it sounding as good as it can with just the right raw samples and then take it from there.

im the same, i get the guts of the tune and then mix everything at the end in one big session. it gets a boring coz youve already being listening to the tune for yonks..

but my computer cant take it any other way coz its shite. plus i would mix a tune 2 maybe 3 times with new edits/effects/layers. shitecomputeragain

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
These days, no matter how finished I think a track is, I always take a day or 2 away from it, and then come back to it with fresh ears to finish the mastering.
My final production is a lot better now I have become patient.

278d7e64a374de26f==