PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Wilson - new sound.

MARKEG
11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Has anyone actually realised the direction Glenn Wilson is going in? Is it just me or is this just an incredible new direction for techno music??? Why the hell aren't we all talking about this?? Seems like ppl have forgotten about him??? Well I'm sorry but if you've got half a care about techno music you should be checking his latest stuff. I've had about 5 or 6 new mp3's from him and I'm putting my neck on the line telling you all this is such a step forward. It really is. Let me know what you all think ;)

machina
11-07-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm all for it - always loved Glenn's stuff and this new stuff is a great progression... and i'm glad that unlike many other producers he's still trying new things and pushing new sounds and forgetting about what's expected. i really do dig the new sound - almost a hybrid of all the techno sub-genres in one package. :clap:

machina

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
I`ve tried to see something new in it, I really have. And as much as I like some of it, it doesn`t really seem to be anything new.
Unless the addition of some chords counts?
Good stuff for sure, but a new direction for techno? I really don`t see it.

killarava2day
11-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Appreciating it for sure!!!

machina
11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
I`ve tried to see something new in it, I really have. And as much as I like some of it, it doesn`t really seem to be anything new.
Unless the addition of some chords counts?
Good stuff for sure, but a new direction for techno? I really don`t see it.

I wouldn't have called it a new "direction" for techno, but it is a progression - especially for him, but i agree in that it's not amazingly original or anything, but i don't think techno gets all that inventive until you're really into the "vogel-esque" experimental territory which is very dancefloor-friendly (works for me, but for the general crowd).

machina

da hound
11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
agree with mark he certinaly is goin in a new direction the last 2 magntics have been outstanding the heros international on with lekebush is wicked 2 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 08:43 AM
a new sound? thats a bit of a strong claim to be honest, really, i love Glenn's work to a silly extent and always have, but there's nothing new there, these new Hereo's international, Magnetics and latest Punish are just normal Glenn Wilson records to me, if there was any change in sound as forward thinking as being claimed here i would genuinely have brought it up myself.... but alas there's not, its good work no doubt, i love the new magnetics, but imo its nothing new

MARKEG
11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
well then you just must be on a different planet to me then, because if you pull out, say, 'doggy style' and then play the 'metal' track next to it, the progression is incredible. and that's in the space of about 2 years. do that to most artists and you will not see this. marco bailey was producing the same bloody loop for about 3 years :lol:

sure it's not a 'new' sound, but it's a 'new' feel. eyes and dirty, you're entitled to your own opinion, but i'm just thinking that so many artists these days get stuck in a rutt, producing the same track - just with slightly different sounds in them. 90% of artists do this, cause they feel safe. i'm not seeing the safe option in glenn's new stuff, far from it. glenn falls into that 10% of producers who really are obviously pushing things forward. and you're right, you're never gonna get complete innovation without becoming cristian vogel and then, it becomes experimental.

i say new direction for techno cause i genuinely think it is. banging hard techno with soul and funk almost. it's not the 'only' new direction for techno but it's one of them, and i for one love it - just hope more ppl go down this route instead of just bashing out distorted 1 bar loops.

everyone's entitled to their opnion though eh ;)

The Overfiend
11-07-2005, 09:30 AM
That Magnetics Ep, was a totally different sound from Glenn.
His material has more of a musical approach to it
The boy has always had rhtyhm no doubt, now he is showing a broader composition range, I respect it no doubt.

BloodStar
11-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Respect to Glenn Wilson for all he did for techno, that's for sure...But i dont"t see anything in his music what could be called new direction. Even his tracks rock for a lot of years,,he did really awesome tracks,,but when we talk about Bailey's loops,, i think Glenn did same,,and he did very often, too..
Nice to hear, he's going differently, now,. I'm for it, but nothing really new,, i'd say.

wenna
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
it is reallygoood. kindo f like funk d'void on ketamine :rambo:

slavestudios
11-07-2005, 01:17 PM
i like his early stuff, but he would need to do something drastic..

how can we hear this 'step forward' mr EG or do we have to take your word for it ?

no harm to mr wilson, but anything other than a loop with 1 break would be a new step.. his work & labels have got so lazy & formulaic over the last 4 years.

drift9
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
i like his early stuff, but he would need to do something drastic..

how can we hear this 'step forward' mr EG or do we have to take your word for it ?

i don't know, i think his stuff on Magnetics is a pretty different direction from his previous stuf. i'm liking it.

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
well Mark ur changing the question there.... if you had of asked "Do you think Glenn has progressed in sound between such and such records " then of course, but on the flip side Magnetics and Punish are 2 totally different labels and "Doggy Style" is a different side to the stuff Glenn does so maybe not the best releases to compare, of course there is a big difference in the sound of those 2 records, but that wasnt the question... u said do we think this is an exciting, fresh new sound and as u said we are entitled to our opinions and i dont think it is, its exciting and i like it, but i dont deem it new

im sure Glenn wouldnt take any offence in that either, i love his work, but i love it for what it is to me and not what others claim it to be, as i do with most techno and electronic music

dan the acid man
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
That Magnetics Ep, was a totally different sound from Glenn.
His material has more of a musical approach to it
The boy has always had rhtyhm no doubt, now he is showing a broader composition range, I respect it no doubt.

yeah i agree, its definetly changed and i love it, really top notch stuff.
but i wouldnt agree on it being a whole new techno sound weve not heard before

slavestudios
11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
right, so its a personal step forward for Mr Wilson, but not for techno as a whole.

is that any way close ?

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
i don't think it's revolutionary, but i like it...

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 05:12 PM
right, so its a personal step forward for Mr Wilson, but not for techno as a whole.

is that any way close ?
what he said.
It`s good that glen is doing different things for himself, we all need to change formulas now and again.

As for it being a new direction for techno, if you think about it, it may be, because there will probably be a sea of magnetics clones turning up over the next few months.

Is there any really new and fresh techno kicking about though?
I haven`t heard much in the last 3-4 months.
I wish I did.

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah pete that sums it up quite nicely id say

Numeric
11-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Glenn is still the overlord of hard techno as far as i'm concerned...

Feelin the new Magnetics, Heroes International and Punish s**t...

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
i agree

i got into hard techno thru Glenn's work and ive not gotten into a single artists work so much since, certainly not in the hard techno domain anyway, which is alot different now to when i first started digging it

jonnyspeed
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
sounds a lot housey to me especially with the female vocals, which isn't a bad thing. for it to be revolutionary he's have to start doing something new, Glenn's stuff still doesn't have interesting percussion - it doesn't have to be off-beat but he could do with some of the range shown by lables like Hydraulix, Highball, Nerven, Hörspielmusik, Kiddaz...

jonnyspeed
12-07-2005, 01:47 AM
i agree

i got into hard techno thru Glenn's work and ive not gotten into a single artists work so much since, certainly not in the hard techno domain anyway, which is alot different now to when i first started digging it

you are joking, right?

The Overfiend
12-07-2005, 02:45 AM
He's all jokes apparently.

The Overfiend
12-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Bottom line is that I see the point Mark is trying to make, which is does not anyone see Glenn breaking his own mold. Regardless of his past material, which is still hotter than most peoples catalogues. He is coming with it and pushing himself in a different manner, whilst still being himself. He's a stand up guy, and is very pedal to the metal. I got the utmost respect for him and his new approach. Recognize the real.

eyes without a face
12-07-2005, 08:41 AM
why would i be joking?

when i got into hard techno there was no one like Wittekind, Amok etc etc about, i got into hard techno years before anyone like that came along and to me hard techno is different now to when i first picked up a Wilson record about 7 years ago

no one's saying they dont get Mark's point, just not everyone agrees with it, which is allowed isnt it?

in terms of musical presentation and forward thinking there are others pusing the boundaries ahead of Glenn as it were, he's a ****in awesome producer but does he need us to all tell him everyday on here? i think not, we all appreciate his work and love it, which is the point surely? il keep buying Glenn's records regardless of wether i think they are chaning techno or not

killarava2day
12-07-2005, 12:00 PM
in terms of musical presentation and forward thinking there are others pushing the boundaries ahead of Glenn as it were, he's a **** awesome producer but does he need us to all tell him everyday on here? i think not, we all appreciate his work and love it, which is the point surely? il keep buying Glenn's records regardless of wether i think they are chaning techno or not

Good statement!

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
actually, i think there are a lot better producers than Wilson.

i used to dig his heavy work, but like so many, the more releases, the softer the edge...

jus like Ignition Technician...

i used to love Planet Rhythm & Template, but after a while they all softened & seemed to jus meldinto one genreic loops sound.

maybe his new work is something else, but for the last 3 years, every 12 has just been a loop with a break.

what about some links to this 'new sound' ?

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
i'm suprised at eyes being such a fan..

Wilson, while skilled, is easily outdone by many producers imo

and i'm sorry, but this is nfact..

glen is a nightmare to book. misses something like 4 out of every 10 shows ?

sorry. not on. :nono:

MARKEG
12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
well, everyone's well entitled to their own opinion, that's what we're all here for.

but nope, i'm sticking to mine. and eyes, i certainly didn't make this post to tell the geezer how much i like his sound cause i really don't need to lick someone's butt publically. my comments are purely made as an observation of his latest work. take that whatever way you want but to me it's intendend to create a thought provoking discussion. which it's done.

job done ;)

eyes without a face
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
haha it wasnt aimed at you Mark dont worry, i know he's a good friend of yours regardless of your love of his music ... but come on the post was a bit "what do you think of?" then when we gave our opinion it was kinda "well u must have ur head somewhere else then" etc etc, know what i mean? some think its the future, some dont, some are halfway inbetween...

its all rocking so thats what counts surely, tis gravy! :lol: ;)

dirty_bass
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
The future of techno is more than one man.
A general change of attitude as to what "is" and "isn`t" techno these days would be a start.
In a digital age where we are spoilt for choice of information/entertainment, and our attention spans get shorter. We become more self centred, and it seems to me, as a whole, people (in techno) are focusing in more and more onto one sub sub sub sub genre and latching onto it as their favourite almost personal sound.
DJ sets by up and coming DJ`s seem to be very bland and focused on one level of energy, and one sound (one beat, in some cases).
Truly a more open mind (and ear) is needed to absorb new sounds and methods and to take techno out of it`s increasingly narrow tunnel.

errr

in my opinion, that is. ;)

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
i'm suprised at eyes being such a fan..

Wilson, while skilled, is easily outdone by many producers imo

and i'm sorry, but this is nfact..

glen is a nightmare to book. misses something like 4 out of every 10 shows ?

sorry. not on. :nono:

sh*t sh*t sh*t... that came out totally wrong..

sorry..

ISNT fact.. i know ppl who have had trouble with his bookings. no more than that...

my apologies.. was typing without thinking earlier.

eyes without a face
12-07-2005, 06:36 PM
only just saw that surprised at eyes being a fan haha

my tastes have changed dramatically since i got into techno, for a few years i was all out hard or nothing, but now its pretty much the other way around as over the course of 7 years ive learnt what else is on offer and what really is me as it were

but i still love hard techno when its done right, both production, dj sets, live sets

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
only just saw that surprised at eyes being a fan haha

my tastes have changed dramatically since i got into techno, for a few years i was all out hard or nothing, but now its pretty much the other way around as over the course of 7 years ive learnt what else is on offer and what really is me as it were

but i still love hard techno when its done right, both production, dj sets, live sets

erm.. yeah.. sorry bout that :eh: bit frazzled today..

made a right arse of that post earlier :oops: typed in jest thinkin of a mates night when wilson couldnt make it (for fair reason) and i filled in.. was some banter & craic that night.. :lol:

you know.. ppl are pissed, things are said :lol: :roll: and stoner boy here posts in like an idiot :roll:

anyways.. enuff of my gibberish, ive posted enuff rubbish here to annoy any decent think citizen.. off home ;)

The Overfiend
13-07-2005, 05:54 AM
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF182182-01-02-02.mp3

Come on I see what's different, I think some of the lot of you are being negative on purpose, and as far as ass sniffing, Glenn and Mark are friends, and I happen to be cool with dude also. If your boy does something different and tries to break thier own mold, and comes with it in the process, you usually tend to give em props for it. Not be snide and get all uptight and say it's good but you didn't bring world peace. Stop with the negative snub shit already, remember the whole one family thing concept that Klien and Burkat were talking about, this is directly related. Might at well kill the baby before it's born then wonder why techno is hurting these days. Everyone is a critic no ones a medic, think about it.

eyes without a face
13-07-2005, 09:03 AM
where the hell is anyone being negative on purpose? we've all pretty much said we absolutely love Glenn's work and there's not a single person who doesnt realise that without Glenn then hard techno probably wouldnt be at the stage it is now

im sure some people on here just read what they want to read at times, really, no one's snubbing him whatsoever in the slightest, if snubbing him is buying copies of his records when they pretty much hit the shops then hey, Glenn, ive been snubbing you for 7 years now man

The Overfiend
13-07-2005, 10:07 AM
you're so vain
you probably think this post is about you
dont you
dont you
dont you.... :roll:

fatcollective
13-07-2005, 10:11 AM

Come on I see what's different, I think some of the lot of you are being negative on purpose, and as far as ass sniffing, Glenn and Mark are friends, and I happen to be cool with dude also. If your boy does something different and tries to break thier own mold, and comes with it in the process, you usually tend to give em props for it. Not be snide and get all uptight and say it's good but you didn't bring world peace. Stop with the negative snub shit already, remember the whole one family thing concept that Klien and Burkat were talking about, this is directly related. Might at well kill the baby before it's born then wonder why techno is hurting these days. Everyone is a critic no ones a medic, think about it.

nicely put :clap:

eyes without a face
13-07-2005, 10:41 AM
:roll:

dirty_bass
13-07-2005, 10:43 AM

Errr
If you read marks original post then the actual subject was wether Glens new stuff was a new direction for techno. Which I think most didn`t think it was.
It is a new direction for glen however, although not drastically different from what he has been doing in my eyes.
No negativity here.
Also no ass kissing.

As for that link, that`s the kind of techno I was seriously into a way back
so yeah, it`s nice to see Glen has gone into a nice area where you mix tuffness with euphoric chords and synths, but it`s not exactly new really is it?

jonnyspeed
13-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Sure I've heard that drumloop somewhere before? must be on one of those disks from Turnkey. big up the original crew.

dirty_bass
13-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Sure I've heard that drumloop somewhere before? must be on one of those disks from Turnkey. big up the original crew.

That was a bit sly dude, no need to do that.
Make your accusations directly, rather than sarcastically.

slavestudios
13-07-2005, 01:46 PM
[quote="SummerOfSam"]http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF182182-01-02-02.mp3[quote]

is that it ? whats so new about that ? :eh:

gary_human
13-07-2005, 04:21 PM
personally myself im liking Glenn's new direction :dance: - got the magnetics 01 and will defo buy the Heroes Internationals.

personally i could never slate any of the mans work - as long as he just continues on his mission putting the t back in techno im thankful and so the dancefloor will be.

I dont think its such a radical direction for techno - but its still wikid ;)

BRADLEE
13-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I would for sure say this is a new direction for Glenn. I like the tune very much indeed as well, not to mention how ****ing nasty Mag001 is...**** man. He's making proper stuff now and has been for a very long time. I cannot fault the man for any of his efforts.

Obviously he must be doing something right to have stayed in the game for so long right???

:eh:

slavestudios
13-07-2005, 06:01 PM
well, he went to sweden & literally started their scene..

its a good track. i jus dont think its hugley different from his other output..

maybe i need to be gettin more ears in clubs (no scene here in belfast anymore :eh: ) and not gettin exposed to this stuff on big rigs with a track either end is hampering what i can hear..

who knows.. could be i'm jus a twat who cant hear anything other than 'dumftish X 4' these days lol

either way, hes made some corkers i'll be keeping close forever

Aural Exciter Vol 1... THIS IS MISTRSS DIANA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ never left the box :twisted:

dirty_bass
14-07-2005, 01:32 AM
You really can`t knock the production on this new stuff.
I heard magnetics 1 on a rig the other week, and it was crisp and clear as ****.

gary_human
14-07-2005, 10:44 AM
the other thing about Glenn's vinyls that ive been noticing from magnetics01 and the new(est) heroes is when im doin a mix cd and i got a GW track on one deck and any other vinyl from my box on the other so im keeping an eye on the gains - there both the same - but the GW track is way up on my reocrding level on my cd recorder!!!

how does he does this ??

slavestudios
14-07-2005, 11:00 AM
i aint faulting the production i jus dont think its that different from Wiilson trax that are even 3-4 years old..

imo ;)

MARKEG
14-07-2005, 03:28 PM
new direction for techno? perhaps that was such a ridiculous thing for me to put without explaining myself. in fact, i really should have put a new direction for 'hard techno', but then, if you think about it, that means a new direction for techno.

the things i'm seeing (and no-one really has broken the music down here before giving an opinion which is what is really needed), are:

his production sounds cleaner, sounds are in the right places more than ever before and the sounds that are actually there are much less agressive than his older stuff. call it 'progressive' hard techno if you will. whereas so many are just banging on percussion loop of percussion loop, mainly distorting the shit out of it and sticking a simple hard kick underneath with minimal thought and effort, i'm seeing this slow down in the immediate agression with his music and an injection of more sound based scupture that serves to push forward the sometimes frustratingly unimaginative hard techno sub-genre. i remember artists such as cari and adam doing a similar type of thing to the 'hard techno' back in the day and shaping a new sound for themselves. you look at these two artists now and they're in a league of their own with a sound of their own. this is the path i believe glenn is on and it's something i've been noticing for a good few months now. i say good luck to him, **** what everyone else thinks or wants, screw the doubters, and make your own rules. can't wait to hear the next thing for him imho.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Heroes
14-07-2005, 06:16 PM

Mr johnny, are we sitting down and comfy? ok ill begin "the tale of Urban Warrior vs The Mantis" - "The Uprising" this is a story of two producers who one day had an idea to swap and complete each others already started tracks, one sunny day they uplaoded sequences and parts they had paintsakingly sculpted with there bare hands, tired and cold they worked through the night, clang went warriors TL audio valve compresser, boom went mantis with his big dbx1066, on and on they battled through shark infested forums. They battled for 3 whole days and 3 whole nights until it was complete, not satisfied with just calling the work by another run of the mill name they thought lets title it to reflect a conceptual point, a somewhat subliminal message about our duty to our much loved scene. "The Uprising" Warrior shouted, yes yes yes agreed The Mantis. let it be known then all across the land, and so it was written. "in plastic"

1990 i started, i seen them all, the wannabe knob jockeys through to the dirt kickers who think they can propell themselves to the top with nothing more than 1 second bitched out quotes about anybody and everybody, and on top with not enough facts on the subjet to cover 1 square micron. Ive seen little indians grow to be powerfull chiefs and do it with honour, hardwork and grace...i guess what iam trying to say is "look before you leap". No, "think before you leap"

we would like to state the following: "No Turnkey disc's were injured during this publication"

dirty_bass
14-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Mr johnny, are we sitting down and comfy? ok ill begin "the tale of Urban Warrior vs The Mantis" - "The Uprising" this is a story of two producers who one day had an idea to swap and complete each others already started tracks, one sunny day they uplaoded sequences and parts they had paintsakingly sculpted with there bare hands, tired and cold they worked through the night, clang went warriors TL audio valve compresser, boom went mantis with his big dbx1066, on and on they battled through shark infested forums. They battled for 3 whole days and 3 whole nights until it was complete, not satisfied with just calling the work by another run of the mill name they thought lets title it to reflect a conceptual point, a somewhat subliminal message about our duty to our much loved scene. "The Uprising" Warrior shouted, yes yes yes agreed The Mantis. let it be known then all across the land, and so it was written. "in plastic"

1990 i started, i seen them all, the wannabe knob jockeys through to the dirt kickers who think they can propell themselves to the top with nothing more than 1 second bitched out quotes about anybody and everybody, and on top with not enough facts on the subjet to cover 1 square micron. Ive seen little indians grow to be powerfull chiefs and do it with honour, hardwork and grace...i guess what iam trying to say is "look before you leap". No, "think before you leap"

we would like to state the following: "No Turnkey disc's were injured during this publication"

Hehe, fair enough.

Mindful
14-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Hats off I think he realy has broke his own mold and was going to start a simmalar thread.
Loving that Fasinating rythm track on Magnetics big time.

BRADLEE
14-07-2005, 07:08 PM

Nicely put Glenn.

slavestudios
14-07-2005, 07:10 PM

ahm.... who are you ? Gandalf or Neptune or what ? :eh:

Heroes
14-07-2005, 07:34 PM
somehow i just knew your reply would be everybit as intelligent as your pre-teen comment.......

SlavikSvensk
14-07-2005, 07:51 PM

best...post...ever! deserves 5 clappy things...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
14-07-2005, 07:57 PM

best...post...ever! deserves 5 clappy things...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And a biscuit
http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk/acatalog/dopgjarbones.jpg

Gandalf The Grey
14-07-2005, 07:58 PM

There once was a wizard so fine,
He was always precisely on time;
He never was late,
Or so he would state,
He just sometimes fell slightly behind.

Oh my dear hobbits that would be me.

Before continuing on your journeys please once again read the rules of the board carefully.

I do not give warnings.

I will not be replying to this post or any private messages regarding this topic.

Gandalf the Grey, or the White
Challenged a Balrog to fight.
They sparred and they fought
'Til the Balrog was taught
Not to mess with the great Wizard's might.

dirty_bass
14-07-2005, 08:03 PM

There once was a wizard so fine,
He was always precisely on time;
He never was late,
Or so he would state,
He just sometimes fell slightly behind.

Oh my dear hobbits that would be me.

Before continuing on your journeys please once again read the rules of the board carefully.

I do not give warnings.

I will not be replying to this post or any private messages regarding this topic.

Gandalf the Grey, or the White
Challenged a Balrog to fight.
They sparred and they fought
'Til the Balrog was taught
Not to mess with the great Wizard's might.
Has someone broken the rules?

Traxx
14-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Got a way with words old gandalf :lol:

dirty_bass
14-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Don`t screw with Gandolf.
He can have all the biscuits.
AND he doesn`t have to ask mum either.

dan the acid man
14-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Don`t screw with Gandolf.
He can have all the biscuits.
AND he doesn`t have to ask mum either.

mine always heard me sneaking into the biscuit tin :oops: :cry:

conflict
14-07-2005, 10:06 PM
mine always caught me nicking crisps out the cupboard........

King of the arena
14-07-2005, 10:18 PM
I broke my jelly mould :cry:

The Overfiend
15-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Funny you try to give someone props, and the hounds jump on you. :roll:

dirty_bass
15-07-2005, 06:30 AM
I don`t think everyone was jumping on. most people were replying to the original post. There was only one "hound".
But yeah, if you read it all through, then glen got props too.
Equal balance I would say.
Very ying yang.

eyes without a face
15-07-2005, 08:54 AM
totally equal balance id say

slavestudios
15-07-2005, 11:15 AM

lets all get down for a group lick then..

i hope he goes all schranzy... then you guys wont know what to think :roll:

i'm gonna be giving this forum less time.. its got sooo cliquey again :roll:

dirty_bass
15-07-2005, 04:58 PM

lets all get down for a group lick then..

i hope he goes all schranzy... then you guys wont know what to think :roll:

i'm gonna be giving this forum less time.. its got sooo cliquey again :roll:

Hmm, I hope not, you should feel free to speak your mind, unless you intend to be malicious, or just downright totally negative and shitty.
Did you get a warning from this Post?

MARKEG
15-07-2005, 05:21 PM
you're always allowed to speak your mind on this board. just as long as it doesnt resort to this:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36715&start=0

and that is where the warning came from. should be obvious to see why. havent got the slightest problem in the world with ppl not liking dave clarke, but there's more articulate ways to get your point across.

anyway, i think gandalf is just saying be careful not to let this get out of hand. i think there's a few comments ppl need to think about more clearly before writing. just a general reminder of the rules i reckon.

look shut up moaning and let's get back to the job at hand LOL
:twisted: :twisted: :lol:

slavestudios
15-07-2005, 05:23 PM
i got a warning for the Dave Clarke post which was fair enough cos i did rip into him..

i do find it very cliquey here though at times...

like, ppl are never done slaggin certain sounds but woe betide those who blast about someone they know...

you can speak your mind as long as it follows a certain train of thought i think at times...

regardless, my fortnight holiday is up & its back to the classroom & work, so extended periods of voicing my, at times controversial, opinions are coming to a close for another little while :cry: :lol:

and quite honestly, this whole forum thing is gettin taken waaay too seriously imo. and its not jus here.. all this banning & warnings ? its like going back to school. all it would take would be a pm asking for a bit of decency & i would wind it down. but it has to be an official warning so all & sundry can wonder 'ooooooooh.. i wonder who he upset' lol which is fine if ya got the time :lol:

and the moderators can be such hypocits at times... with all due respect.

certain mods have slanedered the guts out of some sounds, then get all high & mighty when someone else disagrees with them on a track or dj..

its all jus a big post it board for opinions & no one is right or wrong..

but we are all guilty of spouting some A1 s**t at times.. at least i'm aware of my 'condition' lol

luv, slave ;)

slavestudios
15-07-2005, 05:26 PM
in saying that, it is def one of the better forums to use..

maybe i jus aint cut out for virtual life ;)

as much as i bitch, still big :clap: for Mr E of G & all the mods who give their time for nowt other than love of music..

respect :clap:

dirty_bass
15-07-2005, 05:43 PM

as much as i bitch, still big :clap: for Mr E of G & all the mods who give their time for nowt other than love of music..

Whoa, that dave clark rant was a bit much. haha, I missed that one.
Well nobody is perfect, I think this place does need some kind of moderation to stop it becoming like squatjuice, and really, it`s not that strict.
I mean, some people are wailing like babies over the fact that there are rules here.
But personally for the most part, a written warning to just wind it back a bit, is all I rarely need to do, and mark does the same, as does tony.
Very few warnings have been handed out. I think I`ve given 2 in my whole time here, so really, it`s not exactly draconian is it?
And I **** up sometimes, sure, but luckily you lot pull me up for it anyway, so for the most part it works I think.

SlavikSvensk
15-07-2005, 05:53 PM
i think it's fine to criticize, as long as one sticks to the music. no need for personal attacks, even if one thinks it's well-founded...

slavestudios
15-07-2005, 09:13 PM

Whoa, that dave clark rant was a bit much. haha, I missed that one.
Well nobody is perfect, I think this place does need some kind of moderation to stop it becoming like squatjuice, and really, it`s not that strict.
I mean, some people are wailing like babies over the fact that there are rules here.
But personally for the most part, a written warning to just wind it back a bit, is all I rarely need to do, and mark does the same, as does tony.
Very few warnings have been handed out. I think I`ve given 2 in my whole time here, so really, it`s not exactly draconian is it?
And I **** up sometimes, sure, but luckily you lot pull me up for it anyway, so for the most part it works I think.

the thing about warnings wasnt strictly about BOA. it ws about the way it gets used in general on most forums. and its jus my (outspoken & brash) opinion, which carries little or no weight.

either way, apologies to BOA in general for inexcusable behaviour

pete

ampassasinbirmingham
15-07-2005, 09:24 PM
the people with warmings are like rebels. i kinda like it. i wanna be like them, but like a kid sitting at the back of the class looking at the cool kids and wanting to be one of them, i watch.

BRADLEE
15-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Then I guess that would make me the stoned kid who just laughs at all of this :lol:

MARKEG
16-07-2005, 03:56 AM
hahah very cool.

yeah i wasnt right sure about this 3 warning thing when we first introduced it, but what i figured is it's better to give ppl a chance rather than to ban ppl straight off.

it's not supposed to be some school yard ****in gay shit, but it is supposed to help us keep this board in check.

sorry man... you need rules in this forum life or you just get out of hand. we're here to discuss the music at the end of the day, not slag each other off like all the other boards do...

hope you respect what trip i'm on. i really want this forum to make us think, not to make us hate ;)

slavestudios
16-07-2005, 12:36 PM
hahah very cool.

yeah i wasnt right sure about this 3 warning thing when we first introduced it, but what i figured is it's better to give ppl a chance rather than to ban ppl straight off.

it's not supposed to be some school yard **** gay shit, but it is supposed to help us keep this board in check.

sorry man... you need rules in this forum life or you just get out of hand. we're here to discuss the music at the end of the day, not slag each other off like all the other boards do...

hope you respect what trip i'm on. i really want this forum to make us think, not to make us hate ;)

totally respect your aim Mark..

but, i cant help but scream 'HYPOCRITS' when certain other 'aspects' of techno are up for debate from mods & users here..

'schranz slagging' anyone :lol:

that was a joke... yep, a joke.

dirty_bass
16-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I don`t think it ever gets to the point of your tirrade on dave clark though made.
There is a difference between critisising and slagging.

The Overfiend
16-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I don't recall warning people, and as far as clique stuff really?
I have had more heated debates on this forum with people I consider best friends.

MARKEG
17-07-2005, 07:12 AM
hey, i'm gonna take pete's point here. we haven't kept a check on the schranz slaggin like we should have done and as such, it's sort of become fashionable to slag it with a few of us. please ppl let's stop this schranz slaggin without a seriously kewl set of reasons to back it up. even i posted a link to some crappy schranz track and just sort of laughed at it when i really shouldn't have done that. a more constructive way would have been to post the link and then pint out how i thinki this sort of track is doing NOTHING for techno, hard techno or even schranz for that matter.

i wish i could give myself a warning actually, perhaps i need it on the odd occasion to bring myself in check hahaha.. hey look if any of you think i'm breaking my ownrules, you realy must let me know. we're not al perfect you know ;)

nice video of you sam in your avatar btw. real off the hook gansta moves you're pulling there

:lol:

eyes without a face
17-07-2005, 10:06 AM
even i posted a link to some crappy schranz track and just sort of laughed at it when i really shouldn't have done that

i think this was one of Pete's main points to be honest, i noticed this and didnt want to say anything because until u see it yourself as i have no doubt someone would of said i, or whoever mentioned it, were being pedantic or fussy

but you've done the best thing in apologising, which is all someone can do when they realise they've been a bit daft..

maybe get one of teh other mods to warn u mark? haha :lol: ;)

dirty_bass
17-07-2005, 11:32 AM
maybe get one of teh other mods to warn u mark? haha :lol: ;)

Yeah lets all give each other warnings, and promise to be better in the future.

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 12:08 PM
i think mark should shave his hair off as punishment to himself :lol:

slavestudios
17-07-2005, 12:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: great stuff peeps

cheers for the deceny & humour thru it all :lol: even thopugh i was bang out of order :oops:

MARKEG
17-07-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/chowbald.jpg

Heroes
17-07-2005, 06:30 PM
The thing is its easy for people to say producers can be out shone by other producers, but for me thats about as valid as it is intelligent, you wont find a single producer who can please all people, or infact a majority. even if they do, once there on a pedestal there a bigger target for others to slay, trust me the people thats praised here on this post or infact on this forum and all genres will be hung up to dry in years to come, why, because they dont evolute together with the people who use to buy there records, its human nature. Like ive said before when iam out making tracks i aim to please none other than myself. its apparant that all wont get it, sometimes the tracks only work as fills for other tracks ive made, or even some ive never released, so unless you see what i see at that time things span out differently. for me ive found it hard and harder to make that rinsing hard edged sound because i find it hard to feel anything in it. i rememeber i was devistated when luke slater stopped his clementine and the original puerveyors stuff, nothing was the same afte r that but i see why it was done, well i think i do. Most of the time it comes after a hefy release pattern and many years in the scene. and before you all jump on me saying what bullshit just because we havnt released we dont have a valid opinion thats not what i mean, let me put it this way "you can talk kids to people when you havnt got any ypurself" its like a trigger.....the hammer drops.

Heroes
17-07-2005, 06:45 PM
whhhooops thats meant to be
"you cant talk kids to people when you dont have them yourself"

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/chowbald.jpg

hahaha :lol: :lol: that doesnt count though :lol:

jonnyspeed
20-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I like Dave Clarke's man-breasts the best - porkpie-tatsic. Other than that I'll stick with my 'underground' parties playing bass and wibblywobbly noises.

jon connor
24-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Has anyone actually realised the direction Glenn Wilson is going in? Is it just me or is this just an incredible new direction for techno music??? Why the hell aren't we all talking about this?? Seems like ppl have forgotten about him??? Well I'm sorry but if you've got half a care about techno music you should be checking his latest stuff. I've had about 5 or 6 new mp3's from him and I'm putting my neck on the line telling you all this is such a step forward. It really is. Let me know what you all think ;)

NEVER NEVER NEVER :shock: WHO THE BLOODY HELL COULD FORGET GLEN for a start the b.a.s.t.a.r.d blows our heads off every time a new release comes out with dat sort of leaving you feeling " HOW THE F.U.C.K DOES THAT MAN GET THAT SOUND". :shock: my god anyways is it true glen is not doing much latley because he`s blown his own ears into outer space somware , i heard a rumour i hope the fella`s ok , :eh: let us no fella! we gettin worried in da old north wales. :eh:

DELTA9MDA
29-07-2005, 02:01 PM
glenn is well and healing. hold on to something cuz when the next gems come out, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM!

fatcollective
19-08-2005, 12:42 PM
i had to dig this back topic back up. lately i have been listening to a lot of glenns new stuff and for sure his sound has changed. i'd say its less clankin and pounding. there seems to be loads more synth work, loads of quality editing and i'd definately say its a new direction. fvcking excellent if you ask me :clap:

MARKEG
19-08-2005, 02:01 PM
exactly what i was saying but no cunt believed me. :clap: :clap:

LOL :crackup:

networker
20-08-2005, 12:59 PM
SHIIIIIIT!
it sound to me like people need to be rollin a fat 1 and chillin the f*** out!!!!

davethedrummer
20-08-2005, 01:32 PM
i love this new magnetics thing glenns just done
i like the way the arrangement progresses to new things rather than the old "take it away and put it back in again" routine.
i wouldn't say it's the next level or anything, but i like it and that's good enough for me.

The Overfiend
22-08-2005, 10:27 AM
http://jspailum.u29.acomhosting.com/

Glenns new thing is Kung Fu apparently :lol:

networker
22-08-2005, 12:59 PM
http://jspailum.u29.acomhosting.com/

Glenns new thing is Kung Fu apparently :lol:

the man is on fire right now :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==