PDA

View Full Version : Should I merge the hard techno forum into the techno forum??

MARKEG
11-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Seems to me like we're all on the same trip. What do you think?

schlongfingers
11-07-2005, 12:15 AM
I think there should be just one techno board altogether, seems a bit divisive at the moment.

schlongfingers
11-07-2005, 12:19 AM
I mean the first pages of all techno boards cover these dates

Techno - beginning of June
Hard Techno - beginning of May
Experimental - beginning of April
Acid Techno - beginning of June

I know I read them all, and would be happier with less clicking.

drift9
11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
i'm all for it.

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2005, 01:46 AM
i say do it, but keep both moderators...each is good in his own way...

da hound
11-07-2005, 08:04 AM
one would be much better less clicking :lol: which is good for lazy ****ers like me

lau
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah put em together...

g
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
yes

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 08:34 AM
i reckon they should stay how they are, to me techno and what people class as "hard" techno these days are very different indeed

BloodStar
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
stay as it is,.

koma
11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
i reckon they should stay how they are, to me techno and what people class as "hard" techno these days are very different indeed

not only that, but that first techno sub-forum should be opened more for some discussions and debates, while "hard techno", "experimental", "acid" sub-forume are more for new releases...

although, lots of releases dont fit to any of the mentioned forums, so people put threads about them in "techno" forum.. uh tough one :doh:

Jay Pace
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Merge them all together I say.
Works well for other forums.

That way you get other perspectives on techno. Too much compartmentalisation as it is.

Also - just an aside - would it really hurt for there to be a little more irreverance? Does the techno board have to be limited to discussions on techno? I would read the board a lot more if it wasn't all so techno focussed on everything, and it would help forge a stronger sense of community.

I don't see the point is creating a million subforums for every possible strain of potential conversation topic. You just end up stifling discussion and debate.

Jus' my two cents...

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM

not only that, but that first techno sub-forum should be opened more for some discussions and debates, while "hard techno", "experimental", "acid" sub-forume are more for new releases...

although, lots of releases dont fit to any of the mentioned forums, so people put threads about them in "techno" forum.. uh tough one :doh:

I have tried to encourage conversation about all things techno in the techno forum, but there was the rather heated acid techno incident to name a few.

Obdurate
11-07-2005, 01:11 PM
At the end of the day its all techno, however hard it is and by pushing all the techno forums together just encourages people to share more mixed thoughts on the scene, which in the run down of things is far better for us all ..

slavestudios
11-07-2005, 01:22 PM
GREAT :lol:

back to the 'schranz is sh*t' type threads :roll:

your forum mr EG. your call

alsynthe
11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
if it aint broke why try and fix it?????????

Jay Pace
11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Can "your style is rubbish" threads not simply be ignored?

If it looks dull, don't read it. Works for me...

And then there is no need to create seperate forums to avoid this most terrible of conflicts, or even lock the threads. Unless people are being outright offensive locking topics seems a little draconian. And slighly wimpy.

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 02:11 PM
if u merge the forums then your gonna get more of the "schranz is wank" kind of arguments because it throws together people who quite obviously have different definitions of the word techno... as it is now, people can go to the acid techno forum to talk acid techno, hard techno forum for hard techno etc etc

i dont see the problem with how it is, and the forums are open for any discussion within the subject range, it cant be helped if people just prefer to talk about new releases

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
if u merge the forums then your gonna get more of the "schranz is wank" kind of arguments because it throws together people who quite obviously have different definitions of the word techno... as it is now, people can go to the acid techno forum to talk acid techno, hard techno forum for hard techno etc etc

i dont see the problem with how it is, and the forums are open for any discussion within the subject range, it cant be helped if people just prefer to talk about new releases

I do understand the merging. Techno is waaay to splintered as it is. And to the average non techno person.
You play em schranze, and you play em oliver ho, and they are gonna say "what the hell are you arguing over, it all sounds the same to me, it goes, doof-doof-doof-doof"
So maybe it should be merged. There`s too much inbreeding with all these sub sub genres anyway.
I`m sure you will still get arguments over content etc, but as long as these are kept friendly and intelligent, and aren`t allowed to fall into childish stabs, then I can`t see the problem.

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
well yeah of course there are always gonna be arguments, but i thought making a seperate forums was ideal and i personally wouldnt like to go back thats all, i dont think the merging of 2 forums on a chatboard is going to change techno one bit never mind drastically, the discussion on here carries on regardless so

basslinejunkie
11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
i reckon merge the dark/experimental section in2 the techno section,its dryer than an nuns chuff,and has been for some time.this may also introduce a few people to some new sounds.

tocsin
11-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Seems to me like we're all on the same trip. What do you think?

No thanks. The "hard techno" forum will just inflict this place with the same cliche threads that constantly pop up in there moaning about mp3, "schranz," etc.

tocsin
11-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Sorry. The "techno forum" is what I meant. I kinda like this one the way it is. Less of the nagativity than exists in the no negativity forum.

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2005, 04:42 PM
tocsin...the schranz threads are almost all in the hard techno forum.

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
i said merge them earlier, but on second thought maybe it's better to do something about the other, umoderated, underpopulated forums first, and see how that goes...like merge the old school forum (population 6, it seems) into the techno forum.

tocsin
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
tocsin...the schranz threads are almost all in the hard techno forum.

Just going on what I've seen recently. But, hell, I don't care. Merge them all.

eyes without a face
11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah **** it, lets merge Blackout Audio with Squatjuice!!!

tocsin
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Why dumb squatjuice down? :p

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Man, how bad would that be. Haha.

Sunil
11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
i said merge them earlier, but on second thought maybe it's better to do something about the other, umoderated, underpopulated forums first, and see how that goes...like merge the old school forum (population 6, it seems) into the techno forum.

That and the dark/experimental into one forum. How long have we being saying this though?

No-one ever listens :cry:

basslinejunkie
11-07-2005, 05:56 PM
i reckon merge the dark/experimental section in2 the techno section,its dryer than an nuns chuff,and has been for some time.this may also introduce a few people to some new sounds.

Sunil
11-07-2005, 05:58 PM

I saw that alright, and agree with you :clap:

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 05:59 PM

and how do you know how dry a nuns chuff is?

basslinejunkie
11-07-2005, 06:02 PM

you can find anything on google.

dirty_bass
11-07-2005, 06:09 PM

you can find anything on google.

Wow, humidity charts and everything, I wasn`t expecting that.
they really are dry.

audioinjection
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
how about a poll?

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2005, 07:19 PM
how about a poll?

i'll start one...

FUSION
11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
nah leave it as it is

Mirsha
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Less clicking? That sounds like rubbish to me. There would be the exact same number of threads. Or if you are looking at all the forums one by one, then why don't you do what I do and just check the "new posts" button?

I do like the seperation of the musical styles, because if you don't it's far too easy for the most popular one to drown out other styles which just leads to people posting less about it over time until it all dies out and it simply lends itself to one style of music.

jonnyspeed
11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
not that my opinion is worth owt but...

Hard + Dark
Electro + Experimental

gumpy green
14-07-2005, 11:23 AM
yes.....i luv all styles of techno and would rather they were all together.

just a techno forum for it all.

Mindful
14-07-2005, 06:53 PM
No leave it as is.

AcidTrash
14-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I love horses best of all the animals.

jonnyspeed
15-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Man, how bad would that be. Haha.

There's no K-hole parties on SJ now cos the OB keep using the post as an excuse to do the rigs. phat.

sush!

icb
15-07-2005, 09:43 PM
I would leave it. Since I`m not into acid techno, don`t want to read about it either....This`ll do....

basslinejunkie
16-07-2005, 01:44 AM
the dark/experimental forum has to be moved to the techno fourm.

disco diva
16-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I think the forums are cool as they are but if by meging ot makes the board less chocca & not so many forums to hunt through then go for it.

Also for peeps like myself who still struggle with what kind of techno is what, by merging them it makes it slightly easier & more encouraging to go in to a forum & ask what certain tunes etc are, without getting *wrong forum* etc ;)

But also as said earlier *if it aint broke, then don't fix it*

RDR
16-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Nah,merge em - it'll stimulate discussion.

Ginjin
17-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Merge them....there is too much pigeonholing going on within the techno movement.

Sunil
17-07-2005, 03:51 PM
there is too much pigeonholing going on within the techno movement.

It's natural unfortunately, it can't be avoided. I guess it's progression in some ways when things splinter like they do.

morphamish
17-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm for merging.

cirilo
18-07-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm for merging.

Me too...

jonnyspeed
20-07-2005, 05:25 PM
just have two forums:

Proper Techno
Schranz

:lol:

The Divide
22-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Keep them split or merge dark/experimental with the techno forum

What’s so bad about pigeon holes anyways? It’s only a way of describing music which for a music forum it comes in handy in helping the not so knowledgeable find what they want

davethedrummer
22-07-2005, 10:05 PM
just have two forums:

Proper Techno
Schranz

hahaha

jonnyspeed
24-07-2005, 10:42 PM
[quote="The Divide"]Keep them split or merge dark/experimental with the techno forum/quote]

one of the main problems I see is that experimental is actually more related to hard elektro, tech oriented breakbeat and industrial. Where as 'dark techno' board members I think would be better in with hard techno and its more 'straight' in its approach to percussion. This would bring about a more vibrant exprimental and elektro board, and stop alot of the bickering.

holotropik
04-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Unite the tribes ;)

jonnyspeed
04-08-2005, 08:10 AM
schranz is wank

exactly. endless releases of single loop boredom should stay in its own forum.

FuK-NuT
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
merg um....its all techno!

TripleX
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
just have two forums:

Proper Techno
Schranz

The Germ
08-08-2005, 03:16 AM
I have tried to encourage conversation about all things techno in the techno forum, but there was the rather heated acid techno incident to name a few.

oi! we are simple folk!

DJPAUZE
08-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I think the problem that your gonna have is alot of topics are gonna get missed in the hard techno forums. I think if the discussion is worth debating in both forums, moderators should post an according link in their respective areas so nothing gets missed.

However I don't think that you should merge the two as like minded people should be able to discuss frealy without having to scroll through topics that don't even slightly interest them.

Pauze :twisted:

dirty_bass
08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I think the problem that your gonna have is alot of topics are gonna get missed in the hard techno forums. I think if the discussion is worth debating in both forums, moderators should post an according link in their respective areas so nothing gets missed.

However I don't think that you should merge the two as like minded people should be able to discuss frealy without having to scroll through topics that don't even slightly interest them.

But therein lies the death of techno.
Closed mindedness, and people focusing further and further down into sub sub genre catagories.
Ask any top bod in the biz and they are all saying the same, there is no diversity and too much of a split in the scene.
The music isn`t progressing because as soon as a producer steps outside their Niche, they lose their fans.

RDR
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM

But therein lies the death of techno.
Closed mindedness, and people focusing further and further down into sub sub genre catagories.
Ask any top bod in the biz and they are all saying the same, there is no diversity and too much of a split in the scene.
The music isn`t progressing because as soon as a producer steps outside their Niche, they lose their fans.

There's nowt so queer as folk - people DO bypass things that seem to have little meaning or relevance to them.

As for the split in the scene, i agree, but in a different way. was playing a live techno set at the mawbury music festival w/e jst gone and I watched those there, women, men,kids, homeless peepz, dogs, the whole works, yet it still seemed a million miles away from the city scene and everything else in techno. Apart from it being an amazingly fun place to be it seemed adult. rather than city centered ande chavish in a lot of ways (i use the word chav fairly lightly here)

I'm in two minds about wether there is a natural split because of an aging population of techno fans, or its something to do with the players in the scene. probably a bit of both. but it is in the nature of ANY musical genre to change and age. look at northern soul...

278d7e64a374de26f==