PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham- Tresor night

ampassasinbirmingham
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
was at the custard factory today to do some work and noticed on the rosta that they are having a tresor night on the 22nd of july???

on the way back i kept my eyes peeled and saw a poster sying Youngmann, house of fix and i think landstrumm were playing. anyone got any proper info?????

TechMouse
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
was at the custard factory today to do some work and noticed on the rosta that they are having a tresor night on the 22nd of july???

on the way back i kept my eyes peeled and saw a poster sying Youngmann, house of fix and i think landstrumm were playing. anyone got any proper info?????

Bugger... I'm going the night after that, too.

Francisco Scaramanga
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
The night is Twisted, and they've booked in a few acts off Tresor, so I guess its fair to call it a Tresor night.

Heres the line up:

Medicine Bar
Subhead Live
Bill Youngman
Chris Kubex
Jack The Tripper
Organised & Sinister

Theatre (live bands)
House of Fix
Cracked Actors
<cracked glastonbury> (film)

Kitchen (House & Breaks)
Boogie Dave
Toby
Philthy
Flash
Feromone

Sounds allright, but I doubt I'll be there, Glade will wipe me out, and this twisted night is £10 before 11, £12 after, so I doubt I will be able to afford it.

ampassasinbirmingham
11-07-2005, 04:22 PM
pm me if anyone has chris cubex's email address.

Ayrton
21-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I think it's very fair for the custard factory to have called this a tresor night...even though Twisted have not overused the name on their flyers.Since they last booked Jason from Subhead to play a solo live set,he has indeed become a resident,due possibly to them not being as full of shit as many of the people in this game.If more collectives were more like this around here,then the techno scene may not be as on or up its arse as it has been recently.
Fair play to Twisted for trying to bring this sort of line up to people in the Midlands. :love:

duncandisorderly
24-07-2005, 08:18 PM
due possibly to them not being as full of shit as many of the people in this game

:?: :?: :?: i wouldnt necessarily treat that as a fact.

duncandisorderly
24-07-2005, 08:19 PM
i would say they have some good uns and some bad uns the same as any other sound system anywhere on the planet.

jonnyspeed
24-07-2005, 10:30 PM
so gutted I missed this!

Francisco Scaramanga
25-07-2005, 12:41 PM
My mate went to it, I would have as well if I wasnt so skint after Glade. Anyway, he said the tunes were banging, although the turn out was poor, but of course there were 3 nights on, so it was always gonna be iffy. But the main bit of his report that grabbed me was the news of the shooting that took place outside the Custard Factory. I think it was actually on the next road over, by that black and white pub, but still, that really sucks, I've been to drum and bass nights where there was gun crime of one sort or another, but have never experienced anything like that on a techno night. It was something to do with drug dealers apparently, which isnt surprising, but it really sucks that shit like that is starting to show up at the Custard Factory on decent nights. I'm just hoping it was a random one off incident.

TechMouse
25-07-2005, 01:32 PM
But the main bit of his report that grabbed me was the news of the shooting that took place outside the Custard Factory. I think it was actually on the next road over, by that black and white pub, but still, that really sucks, I've been to drum and bass nights where there was gun crime of one sort or another, but have never experienced anything like that on a techno night. It was something to do with drug dealers apparently, which isnt surprising, but it really sucks that shit like that is starting to show up at the Custard Factory on decent nights. I'm just hoping it was a random one off incident.
Ah, Digbeth...

(Goes all misty-eyed...)

iffi
25-07-2005, 03:46 PM
The shooting happened round the corner outside Air. There was an R&B thing on there,but don't know if it was anything 2 do with it.(prob was)
Still a shit that we had to finish @ 4 instead of 5. If we had carried on til 5,all inside the custard factory would have to have been interviewed and photographed(?) b4 they let us go home. Too many munted people to let the OB loose in there,so best 2 finish earlier.

TechMouse
25-07-2005, 03:50 PM
If we had carried on til 5,all inside the custard factory would have to have been interviewed and photographed(?) b4 they let us go home. Too many munted people to let the OB loose in there,so best 2 finish earlier.

Fair call really.

mr burns
25-07-2005, 04:09 PM
yeah this happened at air over the road nothing to do with the custard factory

doc12inch
27-07-2005, 01:14 PM
pm me if anyone has chris cubex's email address.

did you get my pm?

278d7e64a374de26f==