PDA

View Full Version : How to create a light, airy verb?

Tyrisia
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Any tips? I'm usin waves Rverb. wanna get it soundin massive n spacey.

loopdon
12-07-2005, 09:30 PM
pull the cutoff in the verb up to maybe 1 or 2 or even 3 khz. experiment.
so only stuff from the cuttof fre gets verbed and doesn't muddy the kick + bass etc.
maybe use a gate behind the verb, too. play with predelay setting..

got a special nr of posts, i see, tr tr

Komplex
13-07-2005, 02:00 AM
with any verb, dump an eq after it and cut all the bass as much as you need for it to sit right.

Infact, all reverb work should at least have the sub bass cut out.

Komplex
13-07-2005, 02:02 AM
And for massive and spacey, make it spread wide in the stereo field and give it a long decay time. You can really work this out on your own, just tweak the parametres and listen to the results till u get what you want...

tracatak
13-07-2005, 04:16 AM
hwo do i put a gate behind the erb..what exactly is a gate and what isnt a gate..also can some1 maybe show me this in fruity..mayeb witha reg basic kick and the fruity verb or do i need a better kick,...longer kick amybe..thanks

Komplex
13-07-2005, 04:55 AM
A gate silences the audio that reaches below a specified level. I don't use fruityloops but im sure if you found a gate plugin it would be self explanetory. Chain it after the reverb and set the levels. What it will do is chop the reverb tails before they have time to fade out.

Tyrisia
13-07-2005, 07:14 AM
many thanx guys, some really helpful advice there. I've already figured out the gate thing and will be tryin the eq and stuff.

cheers!

jesus
13-07-2005, 01:39 PM
try making a copy of the sound ,by bouncing down or duplicate, then stick a load of verb on the copy(pretty much full wet). mix em together , play around - great fun.

tocsin
13-07-2005, 06:09 PM

If you have the Waves pack, try playing around with the TrueVerb plug as well.

stjohn
13-07-2005, 06:20 PM

If you have the Waves pack, try playing around with the TrueVerb plug as well.

i use the truverb for spacial reverb like drum-rooms, studio a/b, really just widening the sound.

try the rverb if you want a long linear reverb. theres alot more presets on this one too!

mess with the time controller...stick it around 8 or 9 and it makes ever really echoed and long. but dont use it too much tho because things get cluttered

usually i have 1 of each ready to go as send effects!!

278d7e64a374de26f==