PDA

View Full Version : A windows file organiser?

The Divide
13-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Yo

Just wondering if theres a program that lets you move samples out of folders quicker than constantly drag and dropping files

Would save a lot of time

TechMouse
13-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Yo

Just wondering if theres a program that lets you move samples out of folders quicker than constantly drag and dropping files

Would save a lot of time

You know you can select more than one file at a time, right?

e.g. Ctrl-A = Select All

alsynthe
13-07-2005, 12:32 PM
or just hold control while u click on every sample u want with the mouse then it selcets them all and u can drag them as a group

TechMouse
13-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Or click on the first one, then hold shift and click on the last one you want, etc.

The Divide
13-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Hahhaha

Sorry my fault you dont understand what I mean, Im quick with the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-X Ctrl-V but when Im shifting files from 100's of folders its a pain in the ass

I just want to select a folder of folders for example loops, and whip them all out of the BPM or name orientated sub folders quicker.

The Divide
13-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Im thinking there may be a stand alone program that lets you remove the subfolders but keep the files

xfive
13-07-2005, 01:14 PM
There are some sweet mac sample organizers :lol:

Guess that doesn't really help tho eh :doh:

TechMouse
13-07-2005, 01:17 PM
I'd get to grips with a scripting language... (e.g. PHP, TCL or Perl)... then you can do whatver you want.

xfive
13-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd get to grips with a scripting language... (e.g. PHP, TCL or Perl)... then you can do whatver you want.

I s'pose but you'd really have to have some excellent audio mangling libraries to even begin to be able to use languages like that to do stuff... and even then... its far from the best choice.

TCL??

Jesus man I haven't thought about that in years :doh: :doh: :headache:

:lol: :lol:

Agility
13-07-2005, 02:41 PM
You can do it with Windows explorer can' you not?

TechMouse
13-07-2005, 03:06 PM

I s'pose but you'd really have to have some excellent audio mangling libraries to even begin to be able to use languages like that to do stuff... and even then... its far from the best choice.

TCL??

Jesus man I haven't thought about that in years :doh: :doh: :headache:

:lol: :lol:

There's a really good audio library for TCL now.

I forget the name though.

tocsin
13-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm still not exactly sure what you mean. But, if it's a move, you could probably get the results you want through the "search" function, and then use the control-A, control-click, or whatever method to drag all the results to one folder.

detfella
13-07-2005, 06:26 PM

seems like an intense way of saving time!!

FIK
14-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Check out the cover cd-dvd that comes with Future Music magazine. It contains a program called loophorse wich I think suits your needs. Or you can check out their site
www.loophorse.com

The Divide
18-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Check out the cover cd-dvd that comes with Future Music magazine. It contains a program called loophorse wich I think suits your needs. Or you can check out their site
www.loophorse.com

Thanks !!!!!! :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==