PDA

View Full Version : Bass VSTs

jobsey2004
13-07-2005, 12:24 PM
What VSTs do you folks use for driving reverse bass sounds?
e.g. DJ wag, Kamui etc.

Starfuqer
13-07-2005, 02:10 PM
i would say most of those type of soudns are done by using reversed hardcore kicks

EmotionComplex
13-07-2005, 09:46 PM
the only thing id ever reccomend vanguard for is for these kinda bass lines, i bloody hate the synth for leads and such but it can be very handy for bass as it gives out a rich bottom end.

a fair amount of amp attack is required to get that sliding sound and you can play with the filter envelope to get differnt kind of sounds from it, then maybe run it through quadrafuzz or a similar distortion plug in to alow you to alter the texture of it as a lot of the basses from the producers you have mentioned are usualy gritty in the mid range.

thats if you want a bass line that is going to change notes, if its a single note bass then you could do what starfuger suggests and play with some kick waveforms, a good place to start is soundforge as it has a tone generator for you to generate your own layers and experiment.

jobsey2004
14-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Cheers..

Been playing with V-station, I got sum gritty mid range sounds,
but I can't seem to get the bottom end sounding prominent
do any of you lot use this plugin for bass?

DJ Corbzy
14-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Cheers..

Been playing with V-station, I got sum gritty mid range sounds,
but I can't seem to get the bottom end sounding prominent
do any of you lot use this plugin for bass?

Yeah u can put fake bass on it with Maxxbass in the Waves pack...

NFP
15-07-2005, 05:57 AM
I think Novation Bass station is a good piece of software for that sort of thing mess around with your envelopes and attack and put some quadrofuzz on that it sounds neat.

jobsey2004
15-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Cheers

Much appreciated!

278d7e64a374de26f==